RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I was wondering what Crytek was up to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zqk_X9-he8

It looks okay. Nothing really new, I feel like they could have been working on something unique but... Everybody wants a piece of that first-person horror pie.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

That sure looks like some cinematic 30 fps. :wowey:

Game looks good, but probably plays like any other such game. Singleplayer and with cool story would make it a lot more attractive for me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

First episode of Hitman now free: http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/20/the-first-level-of-hitman-is-now-completely-free-on-pc-ps4-xbox-one/

Too bad I don't have time to try it.

Be advised that what you get for free is only the ICA training facility location, which includes 2 missions and a couple escalations.  Both missions are relatively short and easy compared to the missions in the later locations, but that's to be expected, as these were basically the tutorial of the game.  Still, they give you an idea of how HITMAN plays (if you've played any of the previous games, you already know how this game plays) and you can't complain about free (well, you can complain, but you'd be a **** for doing it  :p ).

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It looks okay. Nothing really new, I feel like they could have been working on something unique but... Everybody wants a piece of that first-person horror pie.

True. I wish they would make something like the first Crysis game but I guess those don't sell as well as online shooters and Crytek do have some financial troubles and can't make any risks for the time being.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I really wonder how this is going to run and how alien the UI is going to feel with a controller. Will it feel natural?

I remember Obsidian something along the lines of why it would be bad for consoles in their retrospective video. Wonder what made them change their minds. Why do I feel like it's going to run at 22fps? Or feel like that anyway...

Wild guess, money made them change their minds. Performance wise, the game shouldn't be much trouble. It's the interface and combat controls that will be tricky... gotta punch pause all the time.

• Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I would assume that performance would be good, but I believe Torment came out pretty rough to start on the consoles and this seems to be a considerably larger game, but high hopes.  The controls are really what I'm curious about.  The idea of controlling up to 6 players with a controller with the amount of options, on a real time clock seems hair raising.  

I will say I LOVED Divinity Original Sin on the PS4 as well as the PC, but that's a very different game, including the idea of TBS verse RTwP.

Yikes.  The combat in Pillars was tedious enough with m&kb.  I don't even want to imagine attempting to navigate Pillars' utterly obscene amount of tedious filler battles with a controller.  :yucky:

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They'll probably nerf the combat I'm guessing. I can't imagine they wouldn't think that people wouldn't get frustrated with all that on controllers... after all, the fair majority of console gamers are different breed than pc gamers.

Assassin's Primal: Wildlands  :grin:

...and if anyone complains, I swear to god almighty, I'll beat the living fps out of them with my 4K@60fps baton!

Yikes.  The combat in Pillars was tedious enough with m&kb.  I don't even want to imagine attempting to navigate Pillars' utterly obscene amount of tedious filler battles with a controller.  :yucky:

Agreed, I usually give turn-based games a pass when it comes to consoles but real-time with pause?! Good luck with that.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 2

Assassin's Primal: Wildlands  :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WauNAVudo3s

...and if anyone complains, I swear to god almighty, I'll beat the living fps out of them with my 4K@60fps baton!

Of course somebody will complain, because it's Ubi and even though Ubi makes great games, people still think it's cool to hate on the hate wagon.

Anyways, AC: Origins looks great, it's great to see it running do well and that tells me that there won't be any downgrade. Kudos to them and the setting/open world looks fun.

Guy beats Fallout 4 without killing a single thing. Developers wondering how... He be like "Let me show you fools"

http://fraghero.com/this-guy-beat-fallout-4-without-killing-anyone-and-even-the-developers-didnt-think-it-was-possible

fake news

The toughest part was probably when he had to (very minor spoiler ahead) kill Kellogg. There was no way around Kellogg dying, so Kyle lured him into a series of mines, but he had to make sure those mines didn’t kill Kellogg. Then, Kyle brainwashed a series of enemies and had them finish Kellogg off. Sounds easy enough, right? Nope, this fight alone took 5 hours to complete since Kellogg kept healing himself.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I've played alot of spacecraft/aircraft games and the way the ship moves here is leagues better than any of them :o

Ubi is doing truly impressive things. It's like a No Mans Sky that actually works!!

• Like 2

I am looking forward to it. Anyone who has played the recent Rayman: Origins or Rayman: Legends knows that Michel Ancel still hasn't lost his touch.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 2