RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

-snip- Anthem Trailer -snip-

Well, that trailer tells me nothing except that there appears to be powered armor and there's a wall.  Unclear whether the wall was commissioned by Trump and built by Mexicans or not.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, that trailer tells me nothing except that there appears to be powered armor and there's a wall.  Unclear whether the wall was commissioned by Trump and built by Mexicans or not.

These trailers are less than informative.  But I guess it's better than BioWare showing a bunch of cool features that they'll end up cutting in the final product. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

These trailers are less than informative.  But I guess it's better than BioWare showing a bunch of cool features that they'll end up cutting in the final product. ;)

We found out that 4k resolution will not be supported on all platforms, that's all I needed to know.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

We found out that 4k resolution will not be supported on all platforms, that's all I needed to know.

To be fair, that could just mean that 4K isn't available on the stock PS4/XBONE.

Still a completely worthless trailer though.  Gives no idea what sort of game it even is.

since we don't have a dedicated E3 thread, I'll just put this here

-snip- A Way Out trailer -snip-

very interesting concept and setting

Ah yes, EA's token "look, we do have a soul.  No really!" game.  It could potentially be a really interesting gameplay experience, I'll give it that.

I wonder what Ubi's "we have a soul" token game will wind up being?  The "we have a soul" token game generally winds up being the most interesting part of these otherwise awful meaningless buzz word laden presentations.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"You either live with the choices that you make... Or die trying to change them" Yeah, no, bull****. Bioware doesn't have the balls to do anything like that. There's no way that would happen in a modern AAA game.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

^ Considering that it's more a Destiny/The Division knockoff than an actual RPG, I took that more as a comment on their design vision regarding build viability and the meta in general...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So is Battlefront 2 going to integrate x-wings and tie fighter fully in the maps this time? I'm not buying another Battlefront until I can fly my X-Wing into a Star Destroyer bay, jump out and shoot people.

^ Considering that it's more a Destiny/The Division knockoff than an actual RPG, I took that more as a comment on their design vision regarding build viability and the meta in general...

I was thinking about factions and such things, but I don't doubt that they will try to sneak in some "rpg" stuff in there aswell.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So is Battlefront 2 going to integrate x-wings and tie fighter fully in the maps this time? I'm not buying another Battlefront until I can fly my X-Wing into a Star Destroyer bay, jump out and shoot people.

The fact it's going to have a single-player campaign is the only reason I'm interested.

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Very reminiscent of the ol' IO interactive game Kane and Lynch - similar theme and all. Just looks much better executed.

Definitely keeping an eye on that title. 

Fortune favors the bald.

since we don't have a dedicated E3 thread, I'll just put this here

It's a shame that there is no official E3 thread here, I'm okay with it because I'm in a chat log with developers, reporters and different groups while I watch the live streams on a secondary screen for the presentations and floor cams.

Still, for people who come on to the forum, it would be courtesy to create one whether the majority likes to follow E3 or not. And I realize that Random Gaming News may qualify "Just as good as an E3 thread so why not just come here?" It's really not though, because it's just Random Gaming News which is not organized gaming news. I'd make the thread myself but as I said I have been in a chat room folkowing stuff which is why I haven't been here. Someone please do us a favor and make an E3 dedicated thread.... or don't ;)

Anyways, I am excited for the new Wolfenstein, can't wait to see the game play. The art that has been revealed looks great!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

If you want an E3 thread so much, why don't you create one?

I already gave my reason. I am in a developer chat with developers, I wouldn't be able to do justice for a decent thread, it would be low quality.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

If you want an E3 thread so much, why don't you create one?

I already gave my reason. I am in a developer chat with developers, I wouldn't be able to do justice for a decent thread, it would be low quality.

Don't think there is a Rule that the creator has to be the main source of information, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It was an active chat, with developers and I was on my phone on a messenger app the whole time, meaning the more windows I have open, the more things get jumbled up. Nearly every second was crucial for me so making a thread would costs alot more time than simply commenting on one already made. Hopefully now that I explained further, everyone can understand.

Something tells me you're taking this E3 stuff a bit too serious.

Like Sheryl Crow sang: "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad"...except for pedophilia Sheryl, that is always bad.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif