RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Old news here.

Extra extra - read all about it! What's new on the scene of gaming?

Last couple of posts

Just look at how far we've come though...

(1995) The very first E3:

(2016) Last year's E3:

I watched few E3 streams in previous years, but anything except SONY, was so bland and boring. You do not need to watch Ubisoft show at all, for example. Just write on a paper few times ICONIC and EPIC, put it on wall and look at it for one hour. It's as much entertaining as all their E3 shows, which I've seen.

Sony on other hand, has always made very interesting show to watch, even when it presented games, which I do not care at all. And this year, they promised, they would bring more Japanese games to Playstation brand again, so I am curious which kind of games it will be, and if they will cooperate even with smaller japanese companies to bring more localized games to the market.

This looks very promising, can't wait!

E3 is the reason I own a PS4... sadly, after E3 is finished I go back to playing my pc and my PS4 sits in my closet. Still, E3 makes me proud to own a statistic of PS4 owners and Sony deserves that much from me as they make it entertaining to watch.

Microsoft has had some equally impressive shows, in fact I'll go as far as to say that it goes back and forth between Somy and Microsoft as far as who had the best show. Nintendo, very much like PC has been an afterthought at E3 since Gamecube died. I doubt the they'll have anything truly amazing this year. No Metroid, so on so forth.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

So...apparently CD Projekt Red has apparently been given a  ransom demand to pay money or face leaks of Cyberpunk 2077 design documents.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/872840969795899394/photo/1

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Probably the biggest game news on the net right now:

6 hours ago, Sega unveiled Chemical Plant level from Sonic 2 in Sonic Mania. Needless to say, within 6 hours, people have uploaded thousands upon thousands of videos on their hype because of it. Not just Sonic fans but gamers in general. You can check out why it's such a big deal here...

Rehashes are amazing especially when they're this good! Go Sega, go!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Meh... The whole situation reminds me of when Tenryo "leaked" info about F K Digitals upcoming games. I'm not too worried about it but perhaps all this will work in their favor since these things help the dev/game get even more publicity anyway.

It's important to remember that info on games often get leaked and I'm sure the threats happen more often but we just don't hear about them. The Tenryo/F K Digital situation was much more serious, though they're not an rpg company so I suppose it won't be as relevant on this forum.

Still...

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=845633698865305&id=118782954883720

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

While this looks good, I wonder how it will stack up against Ace Combat 7 (PS4 version).

The Mummy movie gets Vr, mobile and console games. Yay!!!

post-173997-0-32210600-1497037399_thumb.jpg

While this looks good, I wonder how it will stack up against Ace Combat 7 (PS4 version).

I don't think DCS has anything in common with Ace Combat. The F/A-18C will probably be modeled as realistically as the A-10C is, which means you'll have to read the manual to even take off and land successfully

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Or in the case of a carrier aircraft, fully proficient in landing only after at least a hundred touch-and-go landings and several dozen carrier traps.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The key important part of Sleeping Dogs... was the joy of the story, the atmosphere of the city, and the amusing martial arts system along with how you could use it with the environment. The gunplay was always a minor element. Maybe the teaser trailer plays it up to do a "see, we're balancing it out this time around...."

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."