What are you playing right now?

I finished mission 4 (of 7) of the German Campaign in Sudden Strike 4, The Battle of Stalingrad.  It was easily the longest and most difficult mission so far and I suffered heavy losses throughout, which is fitting, given the real battle it was based on.  When I finally took the Volga River and completed the mission I had 1 tank, 1 artillery cannon, and a small squad of infantry left, plus my support vehicles (repair trucks and supply trucks).

I'm having a ton of fun with the game.  I'm sure RTS grognards have plenty of things they can use to pick the game apart, but for a filthy disgusting casual, like me, it's a very enjoyable time.  I particularly like the focus on both sides having a finite number of units, rather than having buildings that produce units or one side having endlessly spawning periodic reinforcements.  Both sides do get reinforcements during missions in scripted events, but once said scripted events happen, that's it, you get no more.  It makes you play a lot more careful and measured, since every soldier lost is a blow to your success, and losing a tank is devastating.  Repair vehicles can repair critical damage to other vehicles, but that just gets them running again, it doesn't magically heal them up to 100%.  This creates really tense moments near the end of a mission where you are pushing toward your final objective with a small squad of battered, smoking tanks, and tired, wounded infantry.  Gaining victory when you are on death's door is oh so satisfying.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Currently having big break from gaming. Watching with my gf Star Trek Enterprise every day for more than a month. Last three episoded to go. And I am trying to play Atelier Rorona in between, but going very slowly. The crazy hot weather might be gone now, so I'll probably end up playing more games again.

I'm the same way. My reason is that, even though we have central air central here, my house has a metal roof and since both computers and desks are upstairs, that means the updtairs gets crazy hot regardless of what central air is available. So I play less when it's hotter as well for fear of overheating or something.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I suppose I shouldn't assume everyone has access to AC.  Where I live now it's almost a must.  Back when I lived in Connecticut, AC was a nice luxury, but you didn't have to have it, a good fan would make it tolerable during summer.  I can't imagine going through a Carolina summer without AC.  I'm lucky enough to have central air powerful enough to easily keep my place at a nice 74°F even when it's like 98°F outside (I've yet to see triple digits since I moved here a year and a half ago, but mid to high 90s are fairly common).

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well I do not have an AC at home. For two months in a year, it is kind of not needed. Temperature is here from -25°C in Winter to 40°C in Summer, and this year only three weeks of July and one week of August was crazy hot. But when I turn on my PC and PS4, it raises the temperature in my "gaming" room by 2-4 degrees. Soo I rather do something else than gaming :-P

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I have a central air unit outside a quarter deep in my backyard and 2 box fans in my computer room. Unfortunately none of that will help with a metal/tin roof of a farm house. The downstairs is freezing while the upstairs is hot, in the winter it's the opposite, it's freezing upstairs while the downstairs is warm. Fortunately, heat rises so I bought a portable fireplace which works well in winter. There's nothing that can really help, I suppose I could buy an AC and install it in the window but that would cause the electric to go up probably around 300% as I would be likely to become addicted lol

I don't like to use box fans or industrial fans because I don't use headphones for gaming and the noise is loud, I have musicians ears syndrome which makes me sensitive to certain frequencies. We've had silent fans in the past but those aren't even worth it sadly as they break to easily. The legend of the metal roof but hey, despite all that, it's still better than shingles and tiles in every way! So no regrets, perfect roof and ideal for huge storms anong others things :D

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

We played some Red Dragon Inn the last few days at our local friendly games store. I lost all games. Once I ran out of cash and got kicked out of the inn. Twice I got drunk and passed out.

Though of course that was a board game with real people around a real table, so not sure it counts for this thread ;)

But I did have fun :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

First Disciples II refuses to start, the another thing happens. I randomly choose The First Templat to be my next game to clear from my backlog. It requires a Kalypso account or some such. I don't see this mention on Steam anywhere. In frustration, I uninstall the game. Time to move on to the next game. Maybe, this time, I will be able to enjoy what I decide to play.

Continuing the 1st PT of SWTOR. Finished Alderaan. Haven't seen a lightsaber I could use for a while (the ones I've got require Rise of the Hutt Cartel in order to equip).

Also Dex (Metroidvania/Brawler in cyberpunk setting). Animations certainly could be better. Everything else seems fine so far.

• Like 1

LOL! I'm trying to boot up Jade Empire and the game says: Failed to find Steam!

What is this curse?

After some ifs and buts, it's working. Let's see how long this lasts.

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 2

Have 5 characters to control in Thimbleweed Park, better not stop playing else trying to pick this save up again will be confusing.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I put 5 hours into The Escapists 2 today... what a blast. I originally wrote a long negative reviee for the first game which featured a list of cons.

Much to my surprise the devs/pubs fixed everything and I mean EVERYTHING on my lomg list of cons in the review. It's very addicting and totally worth the $20.00 price tag (even if it is a pixelated game with poor artwork).

I put 5 hours into The Escapists 2 today... what a blast. I originally wrote a long negative reviee for the first game which featured a list of cons.

Much to my surprise the devs/pubs fixed everything and I mean EVERYTHING on my lomg list of cons in the review. It's very addicting and totally worth the $20.00 price tag (even if it is a pixelated game with poor artwork).

Yeah, it's currently a buggy mess though. And the whole "progress is only saved for the host" not-a-bug-actually-a-feature thing is just brilliant, guys!

Worth $20... in six months, maybe.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, it's currently a buggy mess though. And the whole "progress is only saved for the host" not-a-bug-actually-a-feature thing is just brilliant, guys!

I've only had one crash so far, I wasn't hosting but I didn't lose any. It seems to be an isolated issue (affecting select players).

Other than the one crash I encountered I haven't found any bugs but then again I only have 8 hours worth of play and 30 achievements out of the 50 so maybe there is something I don't know yet. Either way to me it's been one of the best games I've played this year.

Yeah, it's currently a buggy mess though. And the whole "progress is only saved for the host" not-a-bug-actually-a-feature thing is just brilliant, guys!

I've only had one crash so far, I wasn't hosting but I didn't lose any. It seems to be an isolated issue (affecting select players).

Other than the one crash I encountered I haven't found any bugs but then again I only have 8 hours worth of play and 30 achievements out of the 50 so maybe there is something I don't know yet. Either way to me it's been one of the best games I've played this year.

Uh, no bro, it's not an "isolated issue affecting select players". It's by design:

"In multiplayer, only the host's stats are saved currently - by design. Items are left behind via a swag bag though."

http://steamcommunity.com/app/641990/discussions/0/2579854400753208720

I'm really surprised that the game is flawless for you, despite the general whining and moaning about various issues in the discussions area, and instability that is apparently significant enough that developers have promised to be working on a day 1 patch to address. Positively shocked.

But I guess it's just "something about these boards" or whatever, right buddy?

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Uh, no bro, it's not an "isolated issue affecting select players". It's by design:

"In multiplayer, only the host's stats are saved currently - by design. Items are left behind via a swag bag though."

http://steamcommunity.com/app/641990/discussions/0/2579854400753208720

I'm really surprised that the game is flawless for you, despite the general whining and moaning about various issues in the discussions area, and instability that is apparently significant enough that developers have promised to be working on a day 1 patch to address. Positively shocked.

But I guess it's just "something about these boards" or whatever, right buddy?

Like I said I have received the error and it didn't affect me, there are plenty of other players who have not been affected by this either.

You can be sarcastic all you want lol Nothing about the boards, more like the problem is an unstable build but you're forgetting that we got the early build as Team17 gave into releasing the game early for the fact that people were complaining that youtubers got t play the game early and pre-purchasers didn't. Did you forget about that?

I guess I did my homework but I was also there when all this was said and done as well, you're making it look like the vast majority are saying the game is broken which is untrue. The vast majority of online players haven't faced the problems which is why they're speaking up on it. It seems to be 50/50 but regardless the game is getting patched today or tomorrow, like I said we got the early build since it released ahead of schedule. I mean, its not like reviews didn't dive down to 40% positive like Grimoire if that's what you're impliying.

Simply don't buy it if you think you'll experience the current possibility of bugs that some are facing :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Like I said I have received the error and it didn't affect me, there are plenty of other players who have not been affected by this either.

You can be sarcastic all you want lol Nothing about the boards, more like the problem is an unstable build but you're forgetting that we got the early build as Team17 gave into releasing the game early for the fact that people were complaining that youtubers got t play the game early and pre-purchasers didn't. Did you forget about that?

Hahaha. Did you read the actual developer quote where he explicitly admits that the fact that stats are saved only for the host in a multiplayer game is a design decision? The only way you "weren't affected" is if you somehow, magically, got hit by an undocumented glitch that wrote a whole new savestate function out of nowhere and applied it to the host's game, thus preserving your character's stats when you reconnected. More likely, you're just making stuff up. As I said, I'm shocked.

"Blablabla the developer released early because oh they couldn't resist the pressure from big bad gamers demanding at gunpoint." Who cares. Desyncs, instability, inventory and UI glitching, and so on strongly suggest that the game wasn't ready for release, at least as far as multiplayer is concerned. I didn't buy it (got it as a gift from a friend that wanted to play co-op), but if I did, I would have refunded it already.

And what the hell has Grimoire got to do with anything?

• Like 1

Nearly done with the new Longshot mode in Madden 18. The gameplay is different than I expected as you have less control over your character than you do in the NBA 2K series and there are a lot of QTEs that pop up both in conversations and on the field. I'm told it plays similar to some of the Telltale games but since I've never played them I can't confirm that comparison. It's fairly short and I'm not sure if it segues into a career mode yet after you finish the story. The main character is a little angsty and whiny and but when he's not throwing himself a pity party I thought he was interesting enough and decently acted.

You can keep tabs on your progress with the scouting report but I'm doing pretty terrible as I'm at the draft now but my score is like 2.0/10. I kinda feel like you need to play it more than once to be decent at it since it plays so different from anything else. There is also a little bit of memorization and football knowledge that you get tested on that I wasn't expecting and totally bombed the memory bits but just being a football fan helped with the foosball quiz bits but if you aren't very familiar with some of the intricacies of the sport then you may have some issues as a super casual sports fan.

Well, lemme get back to it

Just finished. No real desire to play it again right away but that it is so short makes me think I may return to it in the near future to see if anything changes with better performance and/or difference decisions. Looks like the only continuation is in Madden Ultimate Team and not career mode even though Devin Wade, the guy you play in Longshot, is the default player.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Hahaha. Did you read the actual developer quote where he explicitly admits that the fact that stats are saved only for the host in a multiplayer game is a design decision? The only way you "weren't affected" is if you somehow, magically, got hit by an undocumented glitch that wrote a whole new savestate function out of nowhere and applied it to the host's game, thus preserving your character's stats when you reconnected. More likely, you're just making stuff up. As I said, I'm shocked.

"Blablabla the developer released early because oh they couldn't resist the pressure from big bad gamers demanding at gunpoint." Who cares. Desyncs, instability, inventory and UI glitching, and so on strongly suggest that the game wasn't ready for release, at least as far as multiplayer is concerned. I didn't buy it (got it as a gift from a friend that wanted to play co-op), but if I did, I would have refunded it already.

And what the hell has Grimoire got to do with anything?

I don't think you comprehended what I wrote. I never said that stats weren't saved only by the host? I said not everybody was affected by losing their stats in the crash, not eberybody is suffeting the sane results and actually I did document it lol I'm glad you said that.

Here is a pic of my proof, for your pleasure. It's not like I'm pulling this all of my butt, again I'll say that the vast majority are unaffected I'm not excusing the devs or the build but they did give us a different build than planned and that was a publisher choice. I'm not sure why you're trying to make me appear as a liar when most people are saying the same thing as me ^__^

I brought up Grimoire because of the snide remark about the forums. People were angry on Grimoire's forums for legit bugs and glitches. People are angry for The Escapists 2 because some people are losing stats in mp from a random crash which affects some people. The rest of the bugs, such as the unoccuring bedsheets are not bugs, people just didn't know that was intended as it was unclear and many things have changed.

Take a closer look ad you'll see that more people are not experiencing stat loss from the crash than who are. That's saying something at least lol

post-173997-0-98239600-1503434907_thumb.jpg

Edited by SonicMage117

Thimbleweed Park still. Solving puzzles using the characters is neat even if I get an item on one and use it though that character has no real reason to do so is new (or at least to me). Just requires me to shift mindset.

Still not a very funny game, the Challenger reference was decent. At least Ray is an interesting character.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't think you comprehended what I wrote. I never said that stats weren't saved only by the host? I said not everybody was affected by losing their stats in the crash, not eberybody is suffeting the sane results and actually I did document it lol I'm glad you said that.

No, it's pretty clear it's you who doesn't comprehend what you wrote. Because you pretty clearly said you had crashed while not hosting and didn't lose anything:

Your crash report pic proves that you, uh, crashed. Not that your progress was saved when you got back, which would be impossible because developers have chosen not to implement a save feature for clients, as the developer quote above shows.

And yeah, I'm sure that textures bugging out and appearing as blank squares, being unable to close the stash screen even after I'm knocked out and taken to the infirmary, objects becoming randomly uninteractable, inventory stuff disappearing for no reason, net desyncs etc. are also "intended" and "people just don't know about them".

Good thing that you're the arbiter of what's a legit bug and what people can be rightly angry about, though. I'll be sure to tell my friend, no doubt he'll feel much better about his double purchase of this unplayable game.

Edited by 213374U

No, it's pretty clear it's you who doesn't comprehend what you wrote. Because you pretty clearly said you had crashed while not hosting and didn't lose anything:

Your crash report pic proves that you, uh, crashed. Not that your progress was saved when you got back, which would be impossible because developers have chosen not to implement a save feature for clients, as the developer quote above shows.

And yeah, I'm sure that textures bugging out and appearing as blank squares, being unable to close the stash screen even after I'm knocked out and taken to the infirmary, objects becoming randomly uninteractable, inventory stuff disappearing for no reason, net desyncs etc. are also "intended" and "people just don't know about them".

Good thing that you're the arbiter of what's a legit bug and what people can be rightly angry about, though. I'll be sure to tell my friend, no doubt he'll feel much better about his double purchase of this unplayable game.

"I've only had one crash so far, I wasn't hosting but I didn't lose any. It seems to be an isolated issue (affecting select players)."

^This is what I said...

Not sure where you get that I said I hosted from.

What more proof do you want? My screenshots of e not losing stats in the game? I have those to but I'm not too keen on giving my account name to just anyone on the net (it's not the same name as on here).

Textures haven't bugged out once, I'm not sure why you're arguing with me on what I have and haven't experienced in the game. I never said the bugs didn't exist by ay means. Just a bit confused why you're trying to convince me that I have to had run across these bugs because other people have.

I've been talking to some of the people who refunded the game and even they realize that not everyone is experiencing bugs. They've seen it with their own eyes on two computers with separate copies. Amazing.

Just finished. No real desire to play it again right away but that it is so short makes me think I may return to it in the near future to see if anything changes with better performance and/or difference decisions. Looks like the only continuation is in Madden Ultimate Team and not career mode even though Devin Wade, the guy you play in Longshot, is the default player.

Wait, it doesn't lead into career mode? So it is just a separate story that ends? That seems wonky to me...when the story mode ends you can't continue the character for the rest of his career?