What are you playing right now?

Wasnt the release of a crappy remake lately, which made the original look 100 times better?

I dont know much about it but they remade the first game four or five years ago and I believe they just released part two. I might check out the second one, theyre supposed to have fixed a lot of the first games problems and it does look quite a bit better. Honestly though, Im in love with the original game graphics, illustrator dont really draw that way anymore and I rather like that older style.  

• Like 1

I found out today that Sudden Strike 4 has friendly fire (to some degree).  I called in an airstrike and one of my tanks was in the path where the bomber dropped its payload and I sorta blew up my own tank.  :facepalm:

#ProGamer #BrilliantStrategist

This was one of the reasons I sucked at Hardcore mode for CoD MP.  Every single time I'd get one of those airstrikes or area destruction-like rewards for a kill streak, I'd end up killing more of my own team than the enemy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wasnt the release of a crappy remake lately, which made the original look 100 times better?

I dont know much about it but they remade the first game four or five years ago and I believe they just released part two. I might check out the second one, theyre supposed to have fixed a lot of the first games problems and it does look quite a bit better. Honestly though, Im in love with the original game graphics, illustrator dont really draw that way anymore and I rather like that older style.

The first version of that remakes cover image was AWESOME. Then they changed it to something extremely generic.

I also love the original style. It's timeless as well, imo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I bought Ghost Recon: Wildlands in a Eurogamer (!) sale and I've been playing that on and off.

This game is damn good! I have no idea why so many reviewers gave it middling scores. It looks fantastic, you can play through everything in co-op, the world is gigantic (and sooo well made) and the gameplay reasonably varied and fun.

Also, it's so ridiculously polished. Just how menus look and behave, how easy it is to transport yourself and your tram everywhere, how snazzy the weapon modifications look, how the physics affect almost everything (from explosions to fall damage to destructible environments). Everything seems to have an extra layer of thought put into them.

I was wandering through the wilderness, far away from anything, when I found a small path. It wasn't even on the map, but it went up to a vertical cliffside and disappeared into the rock. I got curious and followed the path, and it turned out someone had carved a very realistic looking passage through the cliff so the path could spindle its way up to the top of the cliff. I was so impressed! This must be one of the biggest games ever made and still.. someone took the time to create that little non-mapped path and made it look realistic and cool in the middle of nowhere. I loved that.

I think much of the criticism was leveled towards the writing. I've long said that Ubisoft missed a golden opportunity given the subject matter to make something on the level of Spec Ops: The Line which people would be talking about for years later. It did come out in a time of Narcos and after another Tom Clancy novel and film based on the novel with similar themes:

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I've really caught the Lord of the Rings Online bug. The storytelling in this game has always been a notch above other MMO's for me, and after I got over my dislike of the mounted combat, I'm enjoying my time in Rohan and looking forward to moving onto Gondor soon. My captain just hit level 88 and is an inspiration for all these gloomy Rohim. 

Almost done ME3, was tempted to get ME:A, but $25, pfft. I guess I will try doing something productive with my time.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No. The newest Duck Tales is by far the best version...

The old ones are the terrible ones lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yay for productivity.

Sadly finishing ME3 took the entire night. No WPF studying for me! Was trying to find the thread where we were talking about the leaked ending, recall someone commenting everything after you go up a elevator is bonkers but not sure.

edit : ok, found that http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/58642-mass-effect-3/page-12 - ah, man, so much snark.

I've really replayed the ME trilogy way too many times, heh

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No. The newest Duck Tales is by far the best version...

The old ones are the terrible ones lol

Can I give you my steam password so you can pass the rising lava at the end? I keep dying there.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I tried playing Disciples II but it refuses to let me play. I can boot it up but once I start the actual campaign ,the game freezes. I'll try a refund, despite having bought the game in 20112.

Get it on GoG, works like a charm.

• Like 2

I tried playing Disciples II but it refuses to let me play. I can boot it up but once I start the actual campaign ,the game freezes. I'll try a refund, despite having bought the game in 20112.

What sort of machine were you running 18 thousand years into the future?  :w00t:

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What sort of machine were you running 18 thousand years into the future? :w00t:
My terminator/gamemachine told me not to go into detttttttttt

Hello, Labadal is busy at the moment. He'll be back in a few moments. There is nothing suspicous about his machine, not at all.

• Like 3

Pushing on with Thimbleweed Park. I do like the reference to the MI2 tunnels.  Jokes are kind of flat for me though.

Edited by Malcador

As I expected/suspected, I did not get a refund. It was worth a shot.

Currently having big break from gaming. Watching with my gf Star Trek Enterprise every day for more than a month. Last three episoded to go. And I am trying to play Atelier Rorona in between, but going very slowly. The crazy hot weather might be gone now, so I'll probably end up playing more games again.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Currently having big break from gaming. Watching with my gf Star Trek Enterprise every day for more than a month. Last three episoded to go. And I am trying to play Atelier Rorona in between, but going very slowly. The crazy hot weather might be gone now, so I'll probably end up playing more games again.

Wait, very hot weather means you are less likely to play video games?  For me it's the opposite, when it's super hot outside (like right now, though we should get cooler air on Thursday) I'm more likely to play video games, since I'd rather stay inside in my air conditioned home than do stuff outside.  When the weather is more pleasant I'm much more likely to be outside and not playing games. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If you don't have air conditioning for whatever reasons, though, it can make playing games too miserable to bother with. Alternatively, if your air conditioning isn't quite good enough to handle the hottest parts of summer...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.