What are you playing right now?

I'm playing Sudden Strike 4

Sounds a lot like Men of War from that description. Those were enjoyable games, not particularly realistic, but good fun.

On GOG it's Windows and Mac only, since there is still no GOG Galaxy for Linux (despite them promising it 2 years ago, part of the reason I no longer buy anything from GOG).

Yep, they're really dragging their feet there.

Finished Dark Sun: Shattered Lands. The game was a fun little ride with a nice balance between fighting and exploration. The game was short for RPG standards with me finishing the game at 23 hours. What I liked most was the world I think, I was always interested in what was going on in the next map. With the game being as short progression felt fast so there was always a reward for exploration and moving forward. I also switched to hard about 2/3rds the way through and wish I would have switched earlier and recommend hard for anyone that wants a decent challenge.

I would love to see this setting in the Temple of Elemental Evil engine, sort of the pinnicle of 2d graphics, would have been great. My Half Giant gladiator and my muscled up chick Fighter/Druid/Preserver should have looked as awesome as they were. 

Edited by MeteorBear
  • Like 1

Finally decided No Man's Sky was worth buying for £15 after the latest update.  Played for three hours last night and had a nicely chilled out time with it.

From what I've read, it's finally become the game it should have been in the first place.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm playing Game of Thrones, not the Telltale visual novel, but the old rpg from 2913 or whatever the year was. I'm not the biggest fan of the combat, but I like the rest, so far.

On PS Vita, I am playing Adventures of Mana. Simple but fun.

Finally decided No Man's Sky was worth buying for £15 after the latest update.  Played for three hours last night and had a nicely chilled out time with it.

From what I've read, it's finally become the game it should have been in the first place.

For that to happen, they have to completely overhaul the ships handling and combat system. But aside from that it's a pretty fun and relaxing survival game that you can play in a multitude of ways.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I feel like I might be nearing the end of Prey. Only a couple areas remain locked off from me and between Psychic Water and my neuromods I can use Psychoshock III with near abandon.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I completed with the Game of Thrones RPG. It was surprisingly good. Well written and the combat wasn't really what I was expecting. I thought it would be action rpg, but it's more of real-time with slow motion as you select skills. I big positive surprise. Unfortunately, as this wasn't a high budget game, the world feels a bit dead with not many NPCs around and the cities are fairly small. I saved at one point and tried out all the different outcomes of the endings.

I'm now replaying Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in Luck Mode. I've never tried it before. Adventures of Mana on PS Vita and Arc the Lad II on PS3 alongside SotN.

• Like 4

Giving Arma 3 another go. Refreshing to see units not using AT weapons on infantry at distance like in OA. The new Eden editor is pretty cool.

Also playing through ME3

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I found out today that Sudden Strike 4 has friendly fire (to some degree).  I called in an airstrike and one of my tanks was in the path where the bomber dropped its payload and I sorta blew up my own tank.  :facepalm:

#ProGamer #BrilliantStrategist

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I found out today that Sudden Strike 4 has friendly fire (to some degree).  I called in an airstrike and one of my tanks was in the path where the bomber dropped its payload and I sorta blew up my own tank.  :facepalm:

#ProGamer #BrilliantStrategist

That's an excellent strategy. Now you have the enemy thinking: If he does that to his own units, what the he** will he do to us?

• Like 5

Sonic Mania is amazing... definitely holds up to all the praise it's been getting! :D

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I bought Ghost Recon: Wildlands in a Eurogamer (!) sale and I've been playing that on and off.

This game is damn good! I have no idea why so many reviewers gave it middling scores. It looks fantastic, you can play through everything in co-op, the world is gigantic (and sooo well made) and the gameplay reasonably varied and fun.

Also, it's so ridiculously polished. Just how menus look and behave, how easy it is to transport yourself and your tram everywhere, how snazzy the weapon modifications look, how the physics affect almost everything (from explosions to fall damage to destructible environments). Everything seems to have an extra layer of thought put into them.

I was wandering through the wilderness, far away from anything, when I found a small path. It wasn't even on the map, but it went up to a vertical cliffside and disappeared into the rock. I got curious and followed the path, and it turned out someone had carved a very realistic looking passage through the cliff so the path could spindle its way up to the top of the cliff. I was so impressed! This must be one of the biggest games ever made and still.. someone took the time to create that little non-mapped path and made it look realistic and cool in the middle of nowhere. I loved that.

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Got back to Playing Dark Souls. I was having trouble beating the Taurus Demon but then asked myself: "What if I just blindly rushed to the boss-fight and ignored all enemies?"

I beat him.  :getlost:

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I am slow, but i am finally onto the White March ... 127 hours in thus far with PoE!

I am speeding along ... White March Pt 2 @ 138 hours ...

• Like 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: