What are you playing right now?

I never had played the original Fallout, I've known a lot of people to swear by it as a great attempt to bring tabletop RPG to video format. After reaching vault 15 and knowing that I have to have a rope to go down I just have this to say..**** everyone that praised this game, what kind of ****ing bull**** is this where i'm ****ing supposed to know that I had to have a ****ing rope. The more I play these old RPGs the more I"m ****ing glad for all the amenities that modern games have and **** everyone that criticizes them.

I was 14 when I found that rope, I also *spoiler* blew up the rad scorpion's cave entrance with a dynamite so I didn't have to fight them and waste any bullets or stimpacks. I must have been a genius, such a shame society never decided to make use of me. Their loss though, replaying BioShock 2 was every bit  as enjoyable as I remembered it to be. I'll finish up Minerva's Den DLC soon and then I'll start playing Transistor before heading for BioShock: Infinite...I need a change of pace every once in awhile.

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I never had played the original Fallout, I've known a lot of people to swear by it as a great attempt to bring tabletop RPG to video format. After reaching vault 15 and knowing that I have to have a rope to go down I just have this to say..**** everyone that praised this game, what kind of ****ing bull**** is this where i'm ****ing supposed to know that I had to have a ****ing rope. The more I play these old RPGs the more I"m ****ing glad for all the amenities that modern games have and **** everyone that criticizes them.

I was 14 when I found that rope, I also *spoiler* blew up the rad scorpion's cave entrance with a dynamite so I didn't have to fight them and waste any bullets or stimpacks. I must have been a genius, such a shame society never decided to make use of me. Their loss though, replaying BioShock 2 was every bit  as enjoyable as I remembered it to be. I'll finish up Minerva's Den DLC soon and then I'll start playing Transistor before heading for BioShock: Infinite...I need a change of pace every once in awhile.

Heh, I had the same problem with the rope. I also thought it was a very bad start to have to fight all those scorpions, never figured out the dynamite. Then I found the ray gun, but forgot to save, so I lost it. And then I got to Junktown I think, and kept getting murdered by the gangs. At that point I quit. Now that I've had more experience with that type of game, I want to try it again, if only I can find a time window (not any time soon).

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

You weren't supposed to know in advance.

There are ropes in Shady Sands if you can be bothered to back-track.

• Like 2

I pre-ordered Hob so I'll be playing that in September along with Cuphead. Woot!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404680/Hob/

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Fun fact: Back in my PnP gaming days, rope was consistently one of the very first things I purchased, assuming I didn't already have it as a starting item.  I pretty much always had 50' of rope with me.  It didn't matter what class I was playing (more often than not I was either a fighter or a cleric).

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Which one is more important, a rope or a crowbar?

I'd say a crowbar personally.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

In PnP games a rope wins by a mile, unless you have gp to burn on the wan of fly :-P

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

So you show up unprepared to explore and it's the developer's fault?

Agreed. 

It also ensures that the player visits Shady Sands...whether in desperation, or even if they avoided it (in character), in favor of heading straight to their given destination—with the hope of finding the chip and returning it promptly.

Fallout is the second best RPG that I have played; and the better game of the two.

Edited by Gizmo

In PnP games a rope wins by a mile, unless you have gp to burn on the wan of fly :-P

Silk rope, we always carry at least 100 feet in our group. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I think I'm done with 50% of The Witcher 3. As I suspected, getting all the question marks and stuff is boring. Doing quests with actual story is very good. I don't mind exploring and finding loot, but I am not a fan of the Ubisoft design of tasks and such. In some ways, the game is fantastic and in others, I vastly prefer the second game in the series.

Atmosphere and attention to detail is sublime. Graphics are great and I like the soundtrack. Can't complain about the writing or voice acting. There's a decent variety of enemies. I've gotten used to the combat, even if I don't love it. 

Still not quite feeling Prey, but I'm chugging through it. I'm cheating resources to give me lots of neuromods though, which works for me. This progression system gives me absolutely no clue as to what I can expect to be able to hit through normal play, so I'm trying to grab all the stuff that's interesting now.

I think my main problem is there has been absolutely no big hooks in the game so far. Nothing I've seen has amazed me. No great characters, no breathtaking vistas, no fun fights, even the interesting powers all seem like something I'd get very limited use out of. Maybe mindjacking will be useful, we'll see.

God Eater Resurrection is getting kind of stale too because the introduction of new monsters is slowing down considerably. But it's easy enough to get into that I keep going back to it over Prey most of the time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Now, after ten or so hours of game I can say that combat (or as they call it "crisis") in new Torment is a complete mess. Awkward, tiring, and crippled by badly designed UI, for me it's the worst part of the game. After the first fight I felt relieved that I died quickly and didn't have to end the fight, but wake up someplace other. 

Other than that the story is quite good, characters are decent, so is the writing. But I don't know if I will play it again anytime soon.

• Like 3

The owls are not what they seem.

Now, after ten or so hours of game I can say that combat (or as they call it "crisis") in new Torment is a complete mess. Awkward, tiring, and crippled by badly designed UI, for me it's the worst part of the game. After the first fight I felt relieved that I died quickly and didn't have to end the fight, but wake up someplace other. 

Other than that the story is quite good, characters are decent, so is the writing. But I don't know if I will play it again anytime soon.

Does it suffer the same fate as the first?

No, "combat" in TToN actually managed to be worse than in PS:T. ;)

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

No, "combat" in TToN actually managed to be worse than in PS:T. ;)

Ouch.. if it's even more horrid than the first then I'm glad I skipped out.