What are you playing right now?

I would always recommend Command & Conquer and Diablo to old men but for the young peeps I would recommend Age Of Empire and Titan Quest/Torchlight in their stead.

The biggest gripe I had upon completing Diablo 3 on its highest difficulty is that the hit impact ratio felt "off" whilist Tourchlight 2 (being made by the original Diablo developers) felt on point to tactile sufficiency... making every hit all the more satisfying and as a result - morr precise due to this system.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The only thing that stopped me from getting fully engaged with Torchlight is the lack of a respec option in those games.

ARPGs based around various character builds and the like simply needs a readily available respec option to soothe my OCD about making a permanent mistake with picking a skill or leveling up an attribute...

• Like 2

The only thing that stopped me from getting fully engaged with Torchlight is the lack of a respec option in those games.

ARPGs based around various character builds and the like simply needs a readily available respec option to soothe my OCD about making a permanent mistake with picking a skill or leveling up an attribute...

Agreed.  While I don't generally respec as I'm the type that doesn't really powergame, I make my character and don't care if it's sub-optimal, not having the option in the game is insane.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Agreed.  While I don't generally respec as I'm the type that doesn't really powergame, I make my character and don't care if it's sub-optimal, not having the option in the game is insane.

Yeah, I don't really care about being the super optimal player in these game either but not being able to simply pick a skill to try it out, then respec into a different one if you don't like it... aye, I feel that is a must in these games.

As I recall, Titan Quest suffers from the same. Which is a shame, because Greek Mythology is such a good backdrop.

Yeah, I don't really care about being the super optimal player in these game either but not being able to simply pick a skill to try it out, then respec into a different one if you don't like it... aye, I feel that is a must in these games.

As I recall, Titan Quest suffers from the same. Which is a shame, because Greek Mythology is such a good backdrop.

I haven't played Titan Quest in a long time so I don't recall, but Grim Dawn is made in the same (upgraded) engine and by some of the same people and it has a respec function and is IMHO the best hardcore loot em' up ever made.  Check it out, if you haven't already.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have Grim Dawm and The Adventures Of Van Helsing but prefer Victor Vran for alot of reasons but again, that is geared towards youngsters it seems (by the theromatic themes).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I like Victor Vran a lot, but it's quite arcadey for a loot em' up (not necessarily a bad thing).  It's more action based and a lot of fun, but lacks a bit of depth in the item and character progression areas.  In those areas, Grim Dawn has an overabundance of depth (the amount of possible viable character builds is borderline insane), possibly too much for some people.  Hence why I specified hardcore loot em' up.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

You do know that both Torchlight games were easily modded right? Adding respec potions was easy in both games. And if you couldn't do it yourself, there were plenty mods available.

Red Alert is still worth playing for the soundtrack alone.  :thumbsup:

Well if it's just the music, you can listen to all of it on Klepacki's homepage for free. Sorted by games.

http://www.frankklepacki.com/listen.html

• Like 2

1.13 killed off Ja2.

You do know that both Torchlight games were easily modded right? Adding respec potions was easy in both games. And if you couldn't do it yourself, there were plenty mods available.

Red Alert is still worth playing for the soundtrack alone.  :thumbsup:

Well if it's just the music, you can listen to all of it on Klepacki's homepage for free. Sorted by games.

http://www.frankklepacki.com/listen.html

I think there was an issue with it branding you as a cheater by using them though? Something like that. I do recall looking into respec mods for Torchlight.

I've seen a "Diablo" mod for Torchlight but I've never tried it. It's supposed to make the world darker with that signature Diablo back/gray and reddish undertones.

Replaying Morrowind.

Joined the fighters guild in Balmora, got my first mission to clear out a rat infestation, did the deed and returned to the guild master and reported on my success, after having played more recent Beth games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 I expected to be promoted to guild master right then and there, but to my surprise it did not happen neither did I advance in rank, I just got another assignment.  :w00t:

I recently did the Oblivion inversion of this quest, where you have to save the rats.  There really was something charming about the derpy humour of pre-Skyrim TES.

• Like 1

I've installed this thing called Mental Omega mod for RA2:Yuri's revenge and was immideately overwhelmed.  So many new units and structures and factions. The campaign missions are pretty overwhelming as well, there's so many enemies all the time and they all rush you.  And since this is RA2 you have no control over game speed. :S It might be fun later down the road. For now, i'll go back to the original games.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Trying the early release of Divinity: Original Sin 2. Honestly, despite my love of RPGs and despite how much people praise this game, I'm struggling to get into it. It just tries so goddamn hard to be funny. Give me soulless babies in Pillars any day.

Divinity Original Sin 1&2 are well crafted games but they're targeting a different type of rpg audience. The games are built around comedy and sillyness so at times the dialouge and gameplay may seem like it was made for teenagers, at the same time there are deep mechanics in the game which are even more stragically in-depth than Pillars.

What I like about Divinity Original Sin is that there is alot more freedom. It almst feels mmo-ish in that way.

• Like 1

DOS is almost the perfect co-op game, and the silliness actually enhances that because you and your buddy can goof off for most of the dialog.

I really enjoyed the rock-paper-scissors formula in the cut-to-choice dialogue system. I think that was a brilliant idea that makes it closer to a d&d tabletop experience than other rpgs.

I never had played the original Fallout, I've known a lot of people to swear by it as a great attempt to bring tabletop RPG to video format. After reaching vault 15 and knowing that I have to have a rope to go down I just have this to say..**** everyone that praised this game, what kind of ****ing bull**** is this where i'm ****ing supposed to know that I had to have a ****ing rope. The more I play these old RPGs the more I"m ****ing glad for all the amenities that modern games have and **** everyone that criticizes them.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What I like about Divinity Original Sin is that there is alot more freedom. It almst feels mmo-ish in that way.

I think that applies to the first part of the game, in and around Cyseal. After that D:OS is pretty linear.

The owls are not what they seem.

the spiritual successor to the original Ghost Recon is slowly taking shape. when the AI is a bit more sophisticated, it could actually be fun to play in coop. for now, I'm just doing killhouse runs to get the hang of the controls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra8p-b6ux_w

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I never had played the original Fallout, I've known a lot of people to swear by it as a great attempt to bring tabletop RPG to video format. After reaching vault 15 and knowing that I have to have a rope to go down I just have this to say..**** everyone that praised this game, what kind of ****ing bull**** is this where i'm ****ing supposed to know that I had to have a ****ing rope. The more I play these old RPGs the more I"m ****ing glad for all the amenities that modern games have and **** everyone that criticizes them.

Heh, reminds me of the text based game Sorcerer. If you didn't find and consume the "Berzio Potion", you would starve or dehydrate to death pretty rapidly. Never got far in that game...

Well, to get a rope in Fallout, you just have to walk back a few zones to Shady Sands. Really not a big deal... if this is getting you all rilled up already...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Fired up D:OS for the first time in a while. Found out that I quit at one of those annoying bossfights and decided to just install the EE instead. And then I found out they removed *all* backer content (or even mention of KS) from the EE. Errr, ok, that's...not very classy?