What are you playing right now?

Trying the early release of Divinity: Original Sin 2. Honestly, despite my love of RPGs and despite how much people praise this game, I'm struggling to get into it. It just tries so goddamn hard to be funny. Give me soulless babies in Pillars any day.

• Like 1

"The world is fun to explore"

What exploration? It's just running from question mark to question mark like AssCreed

I will probably tire of it. I've spent five hours with the game. Let me have my fun before I start to complain.

Sundered is very cool so far and I'm fortunate to have written the second review for all to see :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

"You can disable question marks in the options menu. Suddenly, the game is a ton of fun to explore."

running around blindly to loot a rusty sword from a chest in the middle of nowhere guarded by a water hag sounds even more fun

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm really loving Pyre so far. It's such an interesting game. It's a choose your own adventure with RPG mechanics and battles that play out as a sort of sport most closely resembling basketball. The idea of battles as a sport is brilliant and it's executed very well. It's really tactical because only one character on a team can move at one time and they all have different abilities, so it's a game of strategically trying to bluff and outmaneuver your opponent to create an opening you can exploit. Plus your characters have skill trees that can add abilities or augment existing ones opening up new tactical options.

In a video game landscape of monkey see monkey do, it really warms my heart to see someone put out something so different than anything else out there. No surprise at all that it's Supergiant who don't follow the crowd and make something unique and special.

The combat is okay. I agree it's unique but I made sure to make a point in my review that it isn't rewarding or satisfying like Bastion's combat. It's more on the lenient side of things, closer to Transistor in that regard.

The thing that grabbed me was the character development and the choice and consequences. This ultimately should surprise all fans of Supergiant. As a long time fan of theirs who's been with them thrighout their journey since the beginning, I think Pyre is a worthy addition and their best work as far as story goes but as experimental as their games are, I don't believe they've found their sweetspot just yet. Things could be a bit better.

So far I find Pyre's gameplay the most engaging, when compared to previous Supergiant works. It might change as I am just couple hours in, but there is decisionmaking there, which hasn't been present in their previous titles.

Bastion had certainly the best flow. The gameplay was mindless fun, but it was so well intertwined with narrative that it didn't matter (I am usually not a fun of hack&slash - Diablo and Torchlight bores me quite a bit). I felt the whole stop time mechanic and need to switch your skills around really hurt the pacing of Transistor. Pyre is quite enjoyable so far, though it feels more like an interactive book than a game outside of the Rites.

Also finally got around to playing ineXile's Bard's Tale. Quite fun actually. Reminds me of Bastion a lot. 

running around blindly to loot a rusty sword from a chest in the middle of nowhere guarded by a water hag sounds even more fun

No, that's not fun at all, which is why I'm not doing it. Exploring the genuinely interesting and immediately striking locations that the game is filled with is, on the other hand, a ton of fun.

Yeah, I couldn't force myself through the first one, not touching 2 with a barge pole.

The little I played from the second game gave me a much better impression than the first game, especially dialogue wise (well, other-things-wise as well). But I didn't want to spoil too much for myself before the release so haven't played all that much. I found the first game tried too hard to be funny too much of the time, the pacing (and just writing in general) seemed much better in what I played of the second game.

I should probably warn you all that I more or less grew up in the city where Larian's main studio is located, so yeah, I might suffer from a Belgian/Flemish sense of humour. (so you can now all make a note to never take advice about comic relief from me, assuming you hadn't already, that is ;) )

Edited by marelooke

So far I find Pyre's gameplay the most engaging, when compared to previous Supergiant works. It might change as I am just couple hours in, but there is decisionmaking there, which hasn't been present in their previous titles.

Bastion had certainly the best flow. The gameplay was mindless fun, but it was so well intertwined with narrative that it didn't matter (I am usually not a fun of hack&slash - Diablo and Torchlight bores me quite a bit). I felt the whole stop time mechanic and need to switch your skills around really hurt the pacing of Transistor. Pyre is quite enjoyable so far, though it feels more like an interactive book than a game outside of the Rites.

Also finally got around to playing ineXile's Bard's Tale. Quite fun actually. Reminds me of Bastion a lot.

I have always wanted to try Bard's Tale lol

Enjoying Pyre a lot, though sometime I want to spend time with the characters instead of playing magical basketball. :p

Also reinstalled Disciples 2 for good measure.

I, too, found the character interaction to be charming. Like when you sit out a player and they have sonething to say about it. It just brings the world to life.

Sundered feels super nice, better than expected. If anyone likes Risk Of Rain, they'll love Sundered as it's very similar in almost every way.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Playing Witcher 3, hoping I will beat it this run. Playing Witcher 3 on PC when my kids wanna watch TV or play the PS4. Playing killing floor 2 on PS4 when my daughter plays undertale or my son left for dead 2.

It's quite cool when ur kids start getting old enough to and do enjoy the games u play and enjoyed.

Edited by redneckdevil
  • Like 3

I have always wanted to try Bard's Tale lol

InXile's Bard's Tale is a neat game, but it's an unrelated game that uses the established series name; (because that's all they could license).  It shares nothing with the Bard's Tale series; 1, 2, 3, and the upcoming Bard's Tale 4...(which also seems to share very little with Bard's Tale 1, 2, & 3 :( )

I bought the original CD version of InXile's bard's Tale... though admittedly, it was because they included retail installers for the original BT trilogy.

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

Making progress in Sundered, finding that it's the first Metroidvania that I've played which has a map as big as Holow Knight but the difficulty is insanely high - making Hollow Knight's most difficult bosses look easy.

I think that's the only reason why Sundered is getting mixed reviews. People can't handle the difficulty and can't control the character well enough to use parkour in traversing the environments, the hordes, etc.

I'm loving Sundered. The abilities are BA and it doesnt give a crap aboit explaining lore. It just is itself and gives the middle finger to the usual Dark Siuls 2D Metroidvania. And a huge step up from Jotun which wad beautiful but more of like a tech demo is some ways.

Much like Hollow Knightx Sundered is listed at 15-20 hours of content but will give people 45 hours worth. It's a nice contrast to Hollow Knight.

Soeakimg of, Hollow Knight was an awesome game but hoping the expansion releasing soon is 10x's more difficult than the base game.

"You can disable question marks in the options menu. Suddenly, the game is a ton of fun to explore."

Isn't that the main selling point of all open world games? *shrugs* Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Continuing Lords of the Fallen playthrough. Got lost in one of the last areas (Chamber of Lies) for 3 hours. Defeated the boss of the said area on the 2nd attempt.

Edit. Completed the main story and the DLC (1). The game isn't bad, but I did not like the combination of level design (DS1-like) and combat difficulty (an average action-RPG).

Edited by Hawke64

NARF!!

Got gravity boots and the grappler in...

Sundered...

now things are really getting interesting!

• Like 1

Continuing Lords of the Fallen playthrough. Got lost in one of the last areas (Chamber of Lies) for 3 hours. Defeated the boss of the said area on the 2nd attempt.

Edit. Completed the main story and the DLC (1). The game isn't bad, but I did not like the combination of level design (DS1-like) and combat difficulty (an average action-RPG).

I bought it during the Steam sale, but consistently crash either while fighting or just after killing the second boss.  It seemed pretty decent up to that point, though.

I'm playing Path of Exile again. In five days they're releasing new content that takes the existing 4 chapters to 10! That will be fun to explore.

Unfortunately I'm playing a hardcore character so I'll probably not survive for five days though..

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Replaying Morrowind.

Joined the fighters guild in Balmora, got my first mission to clear out a rat infestation, did the deed and returned to the guild master and reported on my success, after having played more recent Beth games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 I expected to be promoted to guild master right then and there, but to my surprise it did not happen neither did I advance in rank, I just got another assignment.  :w00t:

Edited by Voices of Nerat
  • Like 4

verbeeg.gif

Almost done with GDI campaign in Tiberian Dawn and Allied Campaign in Ra1. I've also installed Dune 2000 and Ra2 so that i can enjoy all the pixels from Westwood and "Westwood" too.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Tough for me to say. I never had anything bad to say about them even if i wasn't the best player or anything. I had fun with them all those years ago and that hasn't changed. Sure some missions were more difficult than i remembered but i didn't mind restarting and making different choices if i had to. I expected them in C&C but not in RA. :grin:  Time still flies while playing them, so that's good.

Then only problems i've had were getting them to work on Windows 10 but i think they all work now. On my other ancient(11 years XD) WinXP machine they all work without problems from the start.

1.13 killed off Ja2.