What are you playing right now?

Champions of Krynn.. I finished that in 1990. I think I still have the first two entries of that trilogy in their Gold boxes. The third was never released for my Commodore 64, annoyingly enough.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

^

It would be, if I didn't enjoy replaying the missions again and again.  Finding and figuring out how to execute all the different kinds of kills are all puzzles onto themselves, puzzles I enjoy.  It takes a lot of patience and it's definitely not for everyone. I'm the kind of player who will walk behind a character in a level for 15 straight minutes, studying everything they do and everyone around them, and enjoy that.  To someone else that would probably be quite boring.

Another word for that is stalking.  :shifty:

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Another word for that is stalking.  :shifty:

Which is a perfectly natural thing for an assassin to do.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Makes you wonder how many sprites have gotten restraining orders for Keyrock.

None that are still alive.  ;)

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And yep, it looks like my PS4 is done (or at least needs repairs).  I tried all the various fixes listed online and none of them worked for me.  PS4 simply refuses to take any game discs (even tried some movies to see if it was some weird PS4 game only issue).

I wonder how much it would cost to be repaired?  I don't want it replaced with a refurbished one because the PS4 as a whole still works, it's just the disc drive that's acting up.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And yep, it looks like my PS4 is done (or at least needs repairs).  I tried all the various fixes listed online and none of them worked for me.  PS4 simply refuses to take any game discs (even tried some movies to see if it was some weird PS4 game only issue).

I wonder how much it would cost to be repaired?  I don't want it replaced with a refurbished one because the PS4 as a whole still works, it's just the disc drive that's acting up.

I had that happen to me but I was lucky enough to still have warranty. When did you get yours?

I had that happen to me but I was lucky enough to still have warranty. When did you get yours?

Three or four years now.  Well past the warranty date, in any case.

Restarted that mission again in Deserts of Kharak...and got the bug again, so can't proceed. Kind of funny the response from the developers is "restart the mission" (lazy sods). Regret purchasing this :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Champions of Krynn.. I finished that in 1990. I think I still have the first two entries of that trilogy in their Gold boxes. The third was never released for my Commodore 64, annoyingly enough.

I have Curse & EoB in their boxes... I just never had access to the Dragonlance games, until recently.

*I'm still exploring Throtl Keep [Champion of Krynn]. I've been playing the game on Linux[Mint] using the DosBos scaler tv3x.  Considering the limitations... It has some really good artwork. 

Edited by Gizmo

GDI 11 was torture :p

I think maybe the NOD mission where i have to steal the Orca might give me more problems.

Might be one of the few games i actually finish these days. o:) o:)

That's a sentence you'll regret in later missions :-P

If i could do it at 11 i can do it at 33. :D :D

Besides i still remember the important things like Engineer is the king of the battlefield.  Capture and sell major enemy buildings and you'll always have enough tiberium. Enemies can't deal with walls so  making choke points where hell awaits them is more than enough. Especially NOD have it easy, walls , 2 turrets and 2 flame tanks and nothing gets by. And so on.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Final Mix

I was turned off by the fetch-quests in the tutorial at first but once the story started I found it to be rather interesting and mysterious. Gonna finish all Kingdom Hearts games before Kingdom Hearts 3 is out.

Kingdom Farts  :grin:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finished one route in Dies Irae. It was good, but melodramatic and with kind of cliched cliffhanger of the bad guy saying "NEXT TIME HAHAHAHAHAHA." Hopefully the other routes take care of that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ever since I had that glitch on Far Cry Primal that means I have to replay 4 hours of game, I've kind of had trouble finding the oomph to actually play anything at the moment.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ever since I had that glitch on Far Cry Primal that means I have to replay 4 hours of game, I've kind of had trouble finding the oomph to actually play anything at the moment.

Yeah I know that feeling; I usually become really productive during those bouts. I had one recently and started painting my house, but then I began to play Hollow Knight...painting can wait.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've had that happen a few times.  It's usually the cause for the unfinished games on my game shelf where I took a break from them and then just never got around to finishing them again.

• Like 1

Started playing Dark Souls for the first time. I am having a whole lot of fun with my Pyromancer and I feel right at home with the game since I have already played Demon's Souls and beaten Bloodborne. 

I am also doing a Demon's Souls replay. Didn't beat the game the first time I played it.

EDIT:  inb4  Majek : "You're doing it wrong! XD"    ;)

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

What build have you decided to go for with Pyromancer? I have started to play DS1, right after I have finished Demon's Souls, but I had lot of troubles playing with Pyromancer, I just were unable to cope with the 8 "bullets" of fire in my hands, and my physical attributes were not on par with the monsters, so after I got destroyed all the time by Capra Demon, I just had to call it quit :-/

And I would love to start to play it again sooner or later. I have Platinued Demon's Souls in between other games, and IMO, it was harder game than DS1. Just the stupid Capra Demon is still the reason of my anger :-D

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

What build have you decided to go for with Pyromancer? I have started to play DS1, right after I have finished Demon's Souls, but I had lot of troubles playing with Pyromancer, I just were unable to cope with the 8 "bullets" of fire in my hands, and my physical attributes were not on par with the monsters, so after I got destroyed all the time by Capra Demon, I just had to call it quit :-/

And I would love to start to play it again sooner or later. I have Platinued Demon's Souls in between other games, and IMO, it was harder game than DS1. Just the stupid Capra Demon is still the reason of my anger :-D

I am going for a build with a focus on intelligence and strength. I also invest some points in dexterity but my main goal are the magic weapons. I use an ether shield to block attacks, a short-sword for undead enemies and a mace for skeletons and such, I use the Pyro skill on tougher enemies and bosses. True, Demon's Souls was harder but using weapons in this game seems a tad more fun. Weapons have different damages on enemies based on the type of weapon you are holding and the type of enemy you are using it against. Did Demon's Souls have that? Seems sort of new to me since I noticed that the mace crushes the skeletons to the ground but the short sword doesn't. 

• Like 1

In DS1, Pyromancer is the preferred "universal" class, due to it having the best stats vs. level. Additionally, pyromancy itself is stat-free outside of attunement slots, so the fact that you start out with a pyromancer hand right at the beginning makes it even more powerful. Realistically, you can build your pyromancer any way you want - combat or magic, it's still all around best option to play, particularly as a beginner. How fortuitous that Katphood chose to start with it. In regards to the weapons, what that actually is is called "poisebreak". Different types of armors, and different types of creatures, have different poise levels - if you have so much poise, you can resist so much poise-breaking, which basically means you resist getting staggered. Larger weapons, and crushing weapons, tend to have more poise-break than smaller and edged weapons, though it varies from weapon to weapon.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I am going for a build with a focus on intelligence and strength. I also invest some points in dexterity but my main goal are the magic weapons. I use an ether shield to block attacks, a short-sword for undead enemies and a mace for skeletons and such, I use the Pyro skill on tougher enemies and bosses. True, Demon's Souls was harder but using weapons in this game seems a tad more fun. Weapons have different damages on enemies based on the type of weapon you are holding and the type of enemy you are using it against. Did Demon's Souls have that? Seems sort of new to me since I noticed that the mace crushes the skeletons to the ground but the short sword doesn't. 

Demon's Souls had some kind of weapon and magic mitigation mechanics as well. I can't compare it to DS1, because it is really long time, when was the last time, when I've played it.

If you tried to slash the skeletons in the world number 4 with a sword which had not any magic properties, it could take pretty long time compared to "force" magic spells or maces.

I played Mage and used only magic and Crescent Falchion +5 for maximum "force" damage, so when a mob was resistant to the Falchion and Soul Ray, I smashed it with Fireball. I have seen the difference it made on some mobs.

Now looking on stats of some mobs, they have Normal, Pierce, Slash, Blunt, Magic and Fire Defenses, so depending on combinations of different defenses, each mob was most vulnerable to different weapons and enchants or magic.

But as I said, mage stuff was very powerful against anything except highly Magic/Fire resistant mobs.

• Like 1

I have continued to play Talse fo Xillia 2, and I have just achieved few moments ago the "Debt" or Hot Spring Ending for a second time :). To get this one, you have to pay-off your debt, which you get shortly after the start of the game, and which is astonishing 20,000,000 gald. It's almost impossible to pay off during main story line, so you have to continue playing some postgame content. Especially the EX Hunts can give you some money to spend.

As a reward, during paying off your debt, you get some items, which helps you with various tasks in game (new skills, friendship boosters, cat food, etc.)

I have reached level 170 right before the Ending, and will need 30 more levels to get Max Level trophy and finish EX Dungeon and after that EX Team Coliseum Challenge, where I will play against the hardest cameo superbosses of this game. Then I will finally have Platinum for this game as well \o/

• Like 1

^PWND fast mp fps in the vein of Quake. Rocket weapons only? But every rocket launcher type is extremes different. No classes, everyone is a tank but every character moves fast and has their own abilities and stuff.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Started playing SWAT 4. Gotta admit, there's never been anything quite like it before or after it. I'm loving the amount of detail that's been put into environmental storytelling, showing us a lot more of what's been going on at the crime scene besides the briefing, that's really nice. I'm also in love with the sound design, altho this happens to be one of those games that'd really benefit from functional surround sound.

• Like 1