What are you playing right now?

I went back to my old way, forsaking my rpg's for Sonic Boom. Can you blame me though?

With the new Wolfenstein announcement I decided to give The Old Blood another try. Played through it this weekend and I'd say it is pretty good for a DLC. Only thing that sucked was the pretty huge download size.

Probably going to start a new run of the base game next.

That's not dlc lol It's its own game... that's why it's so huge. Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I just figured out what Pillars of Eternity is really about. It's only incidentally about the story, the companions or the quests, it's really about clearing out areas. Started White March, cleared out one area, discovered two caves that now need to be cleared out.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I just figured out what Pillars of Eternity is really about. It's only incidentally about the story, the companions or the quests, it's really about clearing out areas. Started White March, cleared out one area, discovered two caves that now need to be cleared out.

I backed Deadfire because I'm hoping Obsidian noticed this and will fix it in their new title to where it's not all about clearing out areas but about exploration. I am very confident they will :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Had a break from Final Fantasy XV for a while, watching a lot of TV/films instead. But the Prompto DLC will be out next week and the recent trailer for it made it look tons better than the previous Gladio-based DLC. So I may spend some time checking that out. Then it'll be a long wait for the Ignis DLC in Sept.

Still looking for a new game that might catch my specific gamer-OCD tendencies on fire while also catering to the fact that I've become a lot more of a casual gamer in other ways, but in the meantime at least there's lot of great non-game entertainment to catch up on!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Witcher 2.

Combat in this game is downright terrible. Spam roll, cast a sign/use a trap or bomb, backstab. Repeat every ****ing fight.

much design, such improved, wow

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Joe Danger.

A very fun and exciting alternative to the Trials series. The developers are none other than Hello Games. 

Also, saving every dime to buy a Switch next month. Super Mario Odyssey is simply driving me nuts! I wasn't even this hyped for Breath of the Wild or even the Switch itself. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Hm, and Far Cry Primal is on Amazon.co.uk for only £21.50 - just for digital copy. So that's half price by all the usual places for it. Treating myself and planning to give a try at some primeval roaming and hunting.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

anyone know about Gallactic civilisations. It's on sale. 

2 was incredible. I've heard 3 is less so.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I started Desktop Dungeon again. But I am finding the hard difficulty missions so frustratingly hard :)

I don't know about Desktop Dungeon, but I find the difficulty on Darkest dungeon is part of its appeal.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Mass Effect: Andromeda for the second time. I didn't finish my first game, I was close to the end but I wasn't satisfied on how I had my character built. Now that I know more about the game and its mechanics, I'm going to build the character I want. 

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Mass Effect: Andromeda for the second time. I didn't finish my first game, I was close to the end but I wasn't satisfied on how I had my character built. Now that I know more about the game and its mechanics, I'm going to build the character I want.

Clunky third person shooter woman instead of clunky third person shooter man?

First hour or so of Far Cry Primal. Have to admit, it is a beautiful looking game.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I started Desktop Dungeon again. But I am finding the hard difficulty missions so frustratingly hard :)

I don't know about Desktop Dungeon, but I find the difficulty on Darkest dungeon is part of its appeal.

Desktop Dungeon is more of a puzzle experience - trying to solve the math problem of how to most efficiently kill monsters and gain xp. You feel great for succeeding, but it is very frustrating when you just can't find a winning strategy for a quest.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

You do know that you can respec for like 10 credits in the Tempest's medbay, right?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Desktop Dungeon is more of a puzzle experience - trying to solve the math problem of how to most efficiently kill monsters and gain xp. You feel great for succeeding, but it is very frustrating when you just can't find a winning strategy for a quest.

I just make teams based on a single damage type or ability, and then just figure out what damage type is an enemy weak against. Add to that some min maxing with items and skills and so far it has worked out great.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Bought all Hitman episodes on sale for 19,95 played 60 seconds and realized that it didn't have proper key rebinding and that it forces online mode on you, and that it has Witcher sense that allows you to spot your target and give you clues for some reason. 

Lost interest. 

Money well spent. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Bought all Hitman episodes on sale for 19,95 played 60 seconds and realized that it didn't have proper key rebinding and that it forces online mode on you, and that it has Witcher sense that allows you to spot your target and give you clues for some reason. 

Lost interest. 

Money well spent. 

On Steam? Refund it.

• Like 1

Bought all Hitman episodes on sale for 19,95 played 60 seconds and realized that it didn't have proper key rebinding 

Umm, yes it does, it even has secondary keys and recognizes extra mouse buttons:

Unql9rE.jpg

it has Witcher sense that allows you to spot your target and give you clues for some reason. 

You can turn "Witcher Sense" as well as a multitude of other helper options off in the gameplay menu.  In fact, the game has quite a robust set of options to allow you to play with as many helpers as you want (including none at all).  

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I get a message that such and such key cannot be rebound. Maybe it's just dumb and won't allow any function to be unassigned and doesn't give you an overwrite prompt. I can live with that if that's the case I suppose.

I've barely messed with the key rebinding since I mainly play with my Steam Controller, the only thing I rebound was aiming (look down sights/scope) to Mouse 4 (I use my mouse for shooting guns, which I do rarely, everything else I use a controller for), so I can't confirm if any keys are restricted from rebinding.  It may well be setup in a dumb way where if a key is already bound to something you need to rebind that to free it up.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks