What are you playing right now?

SJW propaganda in Ubisoft games? Awesome - I need to play more of them.

Uuu, play Watch_Dogs 2. I've not noticed any propaganda, but I'm sure it's full of it or ... Something.

But it has a quest where you hack ATMs and decide what do with money of people who are waiting to withdraw.

It also has absolutely amazing digitized version of San Francisco, which is fun. Including Karl.

Oh and it does actually carry a propaganda of "Don't give up control of your lives in exchange for convenience." Y'know it's kinda funny that this particular game is distributed via Steam and Uplay.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 3

Is watch dogs 2 good-good or mediocre-good? I played the first one a bit but thought it got boring really fast. Probably didn't played it longer than just a couple of hours.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Thank God. I never knew that but I guess I'll add that to my list of reasons I'll keep supporting Steam and Uplay til my last dying breath. The more hate they get, the more likely successful they'll be (Paris Hilton Syndrome). As in hindsight, media works as so. As if every game created didn't strike someone's nerve already. But I must confess I'm not an SJW, just like supporting these trypes of things that don't really matter and yet people make it seem like the end of the world.

To be fair, I suspect it's actually propaganda in the same way that killing a spider is murder.

It's only a big deal now because there's a big war between liberals and conservatives. The thing is that these things have always been in games, especially hidden well in games. Now that we have the Internet, there's always a group of people bent on exposing and disecting every inch of a game or movie and even music videos. So everything is found out easier and quicker. In reality, you're right, it's not a huge deal which is why I'll play what people hate as long as I enjoy it. I really smile and continue my support of the games I play and the formats which provide me those experiences. I mean, that's what gaming is really about... fun <3

Oh my... oh dear... Crap... I went far too off topic. Sorry!

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I started playing Stellaris.  Right now I'm just doing a throwaway game with a premade race and default settings as a sort of tutorial to try to get past Paradox's famously steep learning curve.  Once I feel I have a grasp of the game mechanics and concepts I'll make my own custom race and do a real playthrough.

If you like here are few tips for start:

1. minerals are king at beginning

2. use your minerals to build space stations for more minerals

3. use science ship to explore systems in your border range first, than colonisable planets

4. split your fleet and use only single corvet for exploration - that way you will not loose all of them to monsters

5. build buildings only on tiles where you have population, building without population don't produce anything but still cost energy

6. try to hijack systems with good planets using frontier outposts from AI

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Is watch dogs 2 good-good or mediocre-good?

I never played the original so it's quite hard to say for me, really. I find Watch_Dogs 2 to be a nice break from usual GTA-like games that tend to be either super serious or completely ridiculous - W_D 2 is rather lighthearted, kind of a 'Adventure of the dude that changed the world' thing. Which is where the game gets into a real clash with its use of firearms - luckily I have not killed anyone so far and you do come equipped with a taser by default. The game also sports fully functional stealth mechanics and two remote drones you can sometimes even use to finish missions without ever entering areas yourself, which is neat. So yeah, if you don't mind the clash, just murder away, if you do, there's (usually) ways to avoid that - the game doesn't really care either way.

Thank God. I never knew that but I guess I'll add that to my list of reasons I'll keep supporting Steam and Uplay til my last dying breath. The more hate they get, the more likely successful they'll be (Paris Hilton Syndrome). As in hindsight, media works as so. As if every game created didn't strike someone's nerve already. But I must confess I'm not an SJW, just like supporting these trypes of things that don't really matter and yet people make it seem like the end of the world.

You also never miss a chance to point that out any time Steam is mentioned in even remotely negative light, of course :-P Edited by Fenixp

I'm not afraid to point out that Steam has tons of faults and negatives but looks like on this forum, Steam is hated for petty reasons but yes, there are alot of things that annoy me about Steam, just as much as GoG. Also I hate uPlay as an app and drm but Ubisoft is an amazing company. It's hard to take the the Steam critiques too seriously on this forum when it's just constant bashing but like I said it's petty enough not to be bothered by - I just like to write!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Still slogging through XCOM 2, can't put my finger on it but the game just feels worse than the previous one. Assuming I make it to the end I doubt I'll ever replay this one.

They also need to talk to the Mordheim devs about their Random Number Generator, it's seems to suffer from the same issues they fixed in Mordheim (basically: it's not nearly random enough)

Finally finished Styx: Shards of Darkness.

There's a fairly unpleasant platforming section at the end, but I guess it's not too bad with Youtube and judicious use of invisibility.

Also seems like they cut some stuff at the end, or may be the completion percentage doesn't mean what I thought it meant, felt kind of abrupt regardless.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I enjoyed Watch Dogs, but for whatever reason I still haven't had the urge to pick up Watch Dogs 2.

I think a lot of times it comes down to games that I think I'll play multiple times.  The ones that I can envision replaying a few times, I put at the top of my list of games to buy.  The ones that I think I might enjoy, but that I'll only play one time through, I tend to put on the back burner.

Watch Dogs 2 falls into the latter category.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I haven't bought new games in quite a while. :D Last one I did was Transport Fever. Other than that, I just keep playing the old stuff... Don't know, most of the recent games simply do not interest me at all. It's either the gameplay, or because everything is forced to be "open world", or because everything is so boring MMO-like, or because I simply don't like the setting.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Batman: Arkham Origins from my endless list of games on Steam that I just haven't had time to play through

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. The game can be very rewarding, but most of the time it's just plain cruel and makes me furious and wonder my own sanity since I keep playing the game.

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

Still slogging through XCOM 2, can't put my finger on it but the game just feels worse than the previous one. 

Yeah I had the exact same feeling, I progressed about half way through it and never really picked it up again - it just felt like all the elements of the game kinda came together 'wrong'. In many ways the strategic depth of the first game got lost in all the actions and tempo.

There were so many timed events, that I never really felt like I had a chance to utilize level designs. Of course that made sense given the pressure on the organization, but it really killed the fun for me.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well today I did play Pillars of Eternity on Hard difficulty and I won it is finished. I was level 12 when I won on hard and without any expansions. I did like that game very much and rate it 9/10 roughly said.

Edited by Terminator
  • Like 1

So far really enjoying saints row 3. Really needed something different I'm guessing lol. Game is so over the top but still somewhat believable..ish

And pretty boring after a while :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played SR3 and 4 in coop with a friend. That made it a lot better, because you're overcoming the boring moments with doing stupid stuff. :>

I had a lot of fun with SR3 in general. It cranked up the siliness yes, and I think in some ways it did lose out some of the more emotionally serious parts of SR2, but it was in general a fun blast to play.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Styx Shards of Darkness, I was surprised by how good it is. It has rekindled my love of stealth games.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I started Shadow Hearts: From the New World. I've never played this game before.

I only played the first two; but as I understand it they get progressively sillier and the second one had a gay vampire luchador, so you might be in for a treat.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I started Shadow Hearts: From the New World. I've never played this game before.

I only played the first two; but as I understand it they get progressively sillier and the second one had a gay vampire luchador, so you might be in for a treat.

You speak the truth. It's already sillier than both the previous games and I've only played for 2 hours.

Gave up on my second play through of Prey.  I was getting annoyed trying to find the various staff members missing throughout the complex.  That was pretty much the only thing I didn't do the first time, so there's no other point to playing more.

Now I gotta figure out what I want to play from my backlog.  Tomb Raider or Batman?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)