Human>Barbarian>Aedyr>Aristocrat - not possible?

What version are you playing?

Also, how do I post images on this community? I try to use the normal image extension, but it keeps saying that it's not allowed.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/851591609353877115/9A02E0E0DE459EE2706F60C91187E755C8D11858/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/851591609353877220/61C109D9438FE46E7C0D0A6341130A0E9282E028/

Edited by smjjames

It is possible. As far as I know race and class don't matter. Only your cultural background determines which "profession" you can choose. Only culture which doesn't let you pick aristocrat should be the Living Lands.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What version are you playing?

Also, how do I post images on this community? I try to use the normal image extension, but it keeps saying that it's not allowed.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/851591609353877115/9A02E0E0DE459EE2706F60C91187E755C8D11858/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/851591609353877220/61C109D9438FE46E7C0D0A6341130A0E9282E028/

None. It's something that may have been on YouTube or Twitch, not sure. What about "Human>Meadow Folk>Barbarian>Aedyr>Aristocrat" - still possible? There was some combination where the "Aristocrat" option was gone. Maybe it wasn't with "Human", I can't recall.

Thanks for checking it out. :)

The Living Lands is like the Australian outback, except more valleys, forests and wild beasts instead of desert and wilderness.

Sawyer compared the Living Lands to Iceland.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

The Living Lands is like the Australian outback, except more valleys, forests and wild beasts instead of desert and wilderness.

There are probably aristocrats there, pieces of them at least.

Let the players worry about it. :)

If you combine Iceland with Jumanji (from the cartoon series), then yes.

If you read the in-game journals and various other pieces of lore, the Living Lands is implied to be a place bursting with life - usually the dangerous kind - giant insects, plants that try to eat you, massive trees, etc. It's a place that requires you to constantly be on your toes if you plan on surviving there long enough.

If you read the in-game journals and various other pieces of lore, the Living Lands is implied to be a place bursting with life - usually the dangerous kind - giant insects, plants that try to eat you, massive trees, etc. It's a place that requires you to constantly be on your toes if you plan on surviving there long enough.

It should still have been possible to pick "Aristocrat" for itan aristocrat hardened by the harshness of the Living Lands. :)

Sounds like Skull Island!

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

It should still have been possible to pick "Aristocrat" for it—an aristocrat hardened by the harshness of the Living Lands. :)

It's not about whether there are aristocrats capable of surviving in the Living Lands, it's about whether there is an aristocracy in the Living Lands. Presumably the developers decided that this was not a part of the world which has an aristocracy and thus didn't allow the combination of the aristocrat background and the Living Lands culture.

It's strange that this is the combination that you've picked out. I find it far stranger that there are no clergymen outside of the Aedyr Empire and no artists outside of Old Vailia. The lack of aristocrats in the Living Lands makes sense at least.

• Like 2

He doesn't really offer any defense aside from "there should be..." though. I also want my character to have wings and throw fireballs at-will, but obviously we can't have everything we want.

Exactly. I am all for player freedom, but it should happen within the confines of the setting.