Politics Episode 7: Remake of Episode 4

How is that even legal? It is also funny because I doubt they ban travel to certain other countries that treat gays a lot worst. But, that Call. One of the most Nazi, insane, evil  coutnries in the world. Yet, people actually believe California should be allowed to decide the US election solo? LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The difference between an arsehole and a genocidal maniac is more than just a difference of degree.

Genocidal maniac? :lol:  Don't get me wrong. I love and participate in good hyperbole and melodrama to spice up forum chatter. But that is a stretch. Let's see, Trump has been in office for five months now. He has ordered one cruise missile strike that killed 15 people according to Syria. The LA Times thinks is was more like 4 but whatever. Of course the attack was in response to a chemical weapons attack that killed over 70 including children in a US backed rebel group. Not that it was any better than the others but whatever. By July 4 2009 Barack Obama ordered drone strikes that  killed over 241 in Afghanistan, Iraq, & Yemen (who we were not even at war with at the time. Of course we were not at war with Syria, Iraq, & Afghanistan either). 241 including non-combatants because air delivered ordinance does not know the difference. And he won a Nobel Peace Prize four months later! But Hitler and Arafat both had those in their trophy cases too so that does not mean much. By the end of 2016 the Obama Admin would order strikes that killed almost 4k people.

Just to compare, in the first six months the body count of George W Bush, Bill Clinton, George HW Bush, Ronald Regan, and Jimmy Carter was 0.

He is a buffoon and a fool no doubt. But genocidal maniac? Not even CLOSE! Obama came a lot closer. You liked him didn't you? But it's still early.

Almost forgot, my source material: https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/projects/drone-war

And he dropped MOBA IIRC

Yep, I forgot about that one. I stand corrected.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

How is that even legal? It is also funny because I doubt they ban travel to certain other countries that treat gays a lot worst. But, that Call. One of the most Nazi, insane, evil  coutnries in the world. Yet, people actually believe California should be allowed to decide the US election solo? LMAO

It's not what is sounds like. They can't stop people from traveling, they just can't do it at State expense. It's a petty and petulant move that has no real impact on anything. I'm a state employee myself and almost nothing gets done at state expense.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Still a state shouldn't be able to boycott another state. Isn't that what the Commerce Clause is all about? Of course they're all lovey dovey with China, that's fine. Not that we want Californians here.

Speaking of not being allowed to travel: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4644268/Charlie-Gard-s-parents-lose-final-appeal.html I'm glad I live in a free country.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Still a state shouldn't be able to boycott another state. Isn't that what the Commerce Clause is all about? Of course they're all lovey dovey with China, that's fine. Not that we want Californians here.

Speaking of not being allowed to travel: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4644268/Charlie-Gard-s-parents-lose-final-appeal.html I'm glad I live in a free country.

And yet the UK opposes the death penalty? I guess not for children. I find the doctor's position on this difficult to fathom. They have the money, what's the problem? Unless the UK does not consider their child to really be theirs?

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

The difference between an arsehole and a genocidal maniac is more than just a difference of degree.

Genocidal maniac? :lol: Don't get me wrong. I love and participate in good hyperbole and melodrama to spice up forum chatter. But that is a stretch. Let's see, Trump has been in office for five months now. He has ordered one cruise missile strike that killed 15 people according to Syria. The LA Times thinks is was more like 4 but whatever. Of course the attack was in response to a chemical weapons attack that killed over 70 including children in a US backed rebel group. Not that it was any better than the others but whatever. By July 4 2009 Barack Obama ordered drone strikes that killed over 241 in Afghanistan, Iraq, & Yemen (who we were not even at war with at the time. Of course we were not at war with Syria, Iraq, & Afghanistan either). 241 including non-combatants because air delivered ordinance does not know the difference. And he won a Nobel Peace Prize four months later! But Hitler and Arafat both had those in their trophy cases too so that does not mean much. By the end of 2016 the Obama Admin would order strikes that killed almost 4k people.

Just to compare, in the first six months the body count of George W Bush, Bill Clinton, George HW Bush, Ronald Regan, and Jimmy Carter was 0.

He is a buffoon and a fool no doubt. But genocidal maniac? Not even CLOSE! Obama came a lot closer. You liked him didn't you? But it's still early.

Almost forgot, my source material: https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/projects/drone-war

And he dropped MOBA IIRC

Trump WOULD be a LoL player.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tiny hands hold mice well :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Looks like an attention grab to me. They could easily hire a private medical team to support the kid until they got to the US but somehow they want to force the UK gov to foot the bill for the life support?

According to the article that's not the issue. The parents would pay for that, but the hospital refuses to release the child to them.

Actually we've had a similar case of medical kidnapping: http://michellemalkin.com/2017/06/28/the-brutal-battle-against-medical-kidnappers/

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

On the story in which Scarborough and Brzezinski were reportedly threatened with a damaging story printed in the National Enquirer, for the benefit of our non-North American readers, that is a publication found on the rack at the grocery store checkout line that has printed some variation of "Hillary: Six Months to Live" on the cover... for the past two decades. "Hillary" is also interchangeable with just about any celebrity that is probably chosen on the basis that the editor in chief just so happened to hit his or her name on a dartboard and "six months to live" can optionally be "in rehab".

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

"It's not what is sounds like. They can't stop people from traveling, they just can't do it at State expense. It's a petty and petulant move that has no real impact on anything. I'm a state employee myself and almost nothing gets done at state expense."

It just seems like something that should be legally impossible. Then again, in Kanada, we have some weird cross province rules including dealing with bringing alcohol across provincial borders and how dreadful our health care system can be to cross province travelers as well. Epically disgusting.

In kalifornia's case, it is hypocritical as well since they likely do a lot of business with countries that are vehemently anti gay. In fact, doesn't Kalifornia oppose  the Muslim country travel 'bans'? the same countries that  re largely anti gay? Shouldn't they be supporting them based on their anti gay stances? LMAO

Hypocrisy in Politics. Well.. I never.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"It's not what is sounds like. They can't stop people from traveling, they just can't do it at State expense. It's a petty and petulant move that has no real impact on anything. I'm a state employee myself and almost nothing gets done at state expense."

It just seems like something that should be legally impossible. Then again, in Kanada, we have some weird cross province rules including dealing with bringing alcohol across provincial borders and how dreadful our health care system can be to cross province travelers as well. Epically disgusting.

In kalifornia's case, it is hypocritical as well since they likely do a lot of business with countries that are vehemently anti gay. In fact, doesn't Kalifornia oppose  the Muslim country travel 'bans'? the same countries that  re largely anti gay? Shouldn't they be supporting them based on their anti gay stances? LMAO

Hypocrisy in Politics. Well.. I never.

The thing about 'legally impossible' laws is that once passed they generally need to be challenged in court before they're actually deemed 'legally impossible'.

A legislature and executive can pass pretty much any law they want, and it will stand until someone challenges it and succeeds in getting a court to agree that the law should not be.

So in the case of this California law, another State would have to challenge it in Federal court.

Good luck finding another state that actually wants emissaries from the State Government of California visiting them.

• Like 1

And yet the UK opposes the death penalty? I guess not for children. I find the doctor's position on this difficult to fathom. They have the money, what's the problem? Unless the UK does not consider their child to really be theirs?

It is case where they have come in conclusion that child can't be saved and keeping him alive artificially is just prolonging his suffering and therefore against his human rights. ECHR has decided that this is issue in which don't interfere in states decisions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/charlie-gard-mitochondrial-disease-suffers-legal-battle/

I thought that was obesity?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What evil **** is the GOP trying to do that the Democratic party leadership doesn't support?

Recently? Trying to exist in the long term.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Thomas Sowell

Yeah...that's not a good solution. These dummies never realize the simple fact that once you set a precedent...for example, stealing a supreme court justice...it often comes back to bite you in the butt later on, and devolves the state of politics even further than it already is. Set up this "committee" and you may well find yourself on the other end of that blade somewhere down the road. It's irrelevant, anyways, since it won't pass: if enough Republicans felt comfortable with this "committee" to vote for it, they'd just signal their support for impeachment to begin with, rendering it moot. Perhaps there should be a way of determining if a president is still sane, but having it be a political process - which it would be, as is obvious from any other Congressional committee - is not the way to go.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

While I'm not a mental health professional at all, a lifetime of experience with them and groups of people suffering from mental illness has made me fairly confident that President Trump suffers from the following:

Cognitive Disorder
Solipsism

Developmental Dyspraxia

Ganser Syndrome

Histrionic, Narcissistic, Paranoid and Borderline Personality Disorders

Schizoeffective Disorder

Psychosis

Opioid Dependence

Body Dysmorphic Disorder (obsession with hand size)

Erectile Dysfunction (clearly)

With extremely high levels of comorbidity judging by the diagnostic requirements and standards of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5). He is clearly a danger to himself and those around him. While this bill won't pass, it is clearly the moral thing to do to get him the help he needs and away from responsibilities he's clearly not capable of dealing with.

I wish more than the last two were jokes, but I'm pretty sure about the rest. :lol:

(This post is clearly in jest.)