Politics Episode 7: Remake of Episode 4

On a lighter note:

glQ6Z.jpg

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ohhh speaking of...

My favorite is Fox news because of all the hot women on there... which I think is the real reason people don't like Fox news. They don't like when their journalists to wear short dresses and high heels I guess. My wife doesn't like Fox news either so I guess women are more sensitive to Fox news? I always pondered this....

You right of course, Fox News does have some smoking hot ladies but they also well informed and insightful so its not all about looks 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Senate produces a health care bill, rocky road ahead: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/22/senate-health-care-bill-4-key-republicans-come-out-against-gop-plan.html Interesting that Trump said he doesn't like the House bill, I haven't heard that before. I think Trump really does want what's best for the people, but he's constantly subverted by the cucks.

Edit: Wow, Avik Roy really likes the Senate bill: https://twitter.com/Avik/status/877939688904028162

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Newt Gingrich

Hmm, not sure he's the best example to use, given his recent claims about the president being incapable of obstructing justice, never mind that he felt a little differently when it came to just that for Bill Clinton.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Newt Gingrich

Hmm, not sure he's the best example to use, given his recent claims about the president being incapable of obstructing justice, never mind that he felt a little differently when it came to just that for Bill Clinton.

I'm not saying Gingrich, or O'Neil, or Vandenberg for that matter were good people, or even just not idiots. But those are three examples of Congressmen/ Senators who led the Congress in opposing Presidential overreach and asserting it's place as a co-equal branch of the government. I don't have a terribly high opinion of Gingrich as a man. Add to that the fact he was on the Trump train from the get go I don't have a terribly high opinion of his judgement either. But the 1990's were his finest hour and he did do the country a service when it was needed.

And then went too far and f----d the whole thing up. But that is another story.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was somewhat amused to see all the outrage Trump has caused... by driving a golf buggy on the driving green at the golf course.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

lazy google translate from our Sci-fi author:

It's lurking

today

French President Macron has made an insult to insulting a partner country in the EU saying he is acting as a self-service shop. Reason? We refused to take on the alibi brism of Brussels "adopting a resolution on measures" and we accepted only 12 refugees, instead of accepting 16 (or twenty-five) refugees, as Slovakia did by svejkovsky. Of course, it can go quietly. However, it is symptomatic: there is a ditch between today's West and the former East.

The words of today and earlier merit clarification.

Today, the West is a little reminded of the West, which was so attractive for the former East to the fall of the Iron Curtain. The West was characterized by terms such as freedom, rationality, efficiency. It was an attractive meta. Then came a series of twists. For twenty-five years, we have been digging out of the worst, even though there is a long way ahead. But with astonishment, we find that after a quarter of a century, the wall of one ideological truth, one force-confirmed doctrine, has risen against us.

Basically, regardless of any quotas or non-quotes, it is an eternity of European history - the duality of centralism and decentralization. Throughout history, it has manifested itself differently, typically tension between the crown and the state of manhood (we have paid for it on the White Mountain). Both concepts are equally legitimate. If Milos Zeman talks about national interests and statehood today, it is just as legitimate as others advocate for federalist Europe. Even in the European project, they perceived this dualism from the start - and that is why the principle of subsidiarity, that is to say, an approach to the issue where it is dealt with at an adequate level, has been established. This principle now, Mr Macron and Mrs Merkel, the hegemony of the new Europe, deny.

In a situation where Frontex has become a smuggling organization that transports third-world customers to Western sources of support, we refuse to accept the idea that so-called quotas are solutions. They are not. It's just the alibi of the current Union leadership. It is a matter of fact. Twelve refugees or twelve hundred or twelve thousand, for the Czech Republic, is not technically, economically and organizationally, a problem. This is a fundamental political issue.

We are extreme allergic to someone who force us the ideological nonsense, apparently against common sense. It is sad but demonstrable: slowly, slowly, Brussels takes over the role played by Moscow for half a century as a source of irrational nonsense of force-enforced. Yes, it is not quite so, but a little, day after day more, that's it.

Brussels led by the Juncker-like people lost a 50-million-pound Britain. He is now throwing Visegrád into the corner of the same population. Can Mr. Macron, Mr. Nobody, where he married here, did not know yesterday about him, really think that the European bloc will be shattered in front of him with a half-century experience with the dictatorship of Russia? He certainly will not shudder, but it is certain that he is lurking.

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was somewhat amused to see all the outrage Trump has caused... by driving a golf buggy on the driving green at the golf course.

you would understand it if you were a golfer.  is a "sport" o' frustration.  heck, a person speaking too loud while another golfer is putting is a faux pas.  shortest hole is gonna be a par three, 'cause putting is always assumed to require two strokes.  long holes is par 5, which again has a two-putt as part o' your total for the hole.  putting, therefore, is near 1/2 of the game.  greens, the putting surface, is cut extreme short and is tending to be well-watered-- soft.  golf cart is not driven on greens 'cause doing so alters the surface o' the green. may take considerable effort (and money) to repair a green damaged by a golf cart as you likely has multiple tire track depressions left behind by the cart's passing, and those depressions o' a fraction o' an inch alter the path o' a ball crossing the tire depressions. so, regardless o' whether is trump's course and he personal pays for green repair (unlikely) until the green is fixed, which could take days for the initial fix and months before the green is genuine back to true, every other golfer who plays the damaged green will possible need deal with trump's d-bag move. is trump gonna give every golfer who uses the course for the next month reduced green fees? oh, and keep in mind the green fees at a high-end course, the cost o' a single round o' golf, can run hundreds of dollars.  spend +$300 on a round o' golf and there is kinda an expectation o' quality, yes? 

drive on green with golf cart is the kinda thing drunk teens do at night.  is petty and stoopid vandalism. a sober adult in broad daylight driving on a green? doesn't happen... or shouldn't happen.

sure, this ain't anywhere near as vulgar as pu$$y grab comments, but is yet another example o' the chief executive behaving like a chemical altered teen with impulse control issues.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

http://www.inquisitr.com/4317486/new-cia-evidence-shows-putin-ordered-russian-hacking-in-2016-election-and-obama-knew-about-it/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/world/national-security/obama-putin-election-hacking/?utm_term=.b72eff971690

So its official, Putin ordered hacking to undermine Clinton to help Trump  win

This was something I knew was true from the beginning, I imagine it must be vexing for some of our US friends to be manipulated by Putin and basically to become victims of the Russian fake news campaign

But it wasnt the only reason Trump won  but the contributing factor Russia played in the Trump victory  cannot be ignored  :geek:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm glad I didn't vote for him.

Thomas Sowell

http://www.inquisitr.com/4317486/new-cia-evidence-shows-putin-ordered-russian-hacking-in-2016-election-and-obama-knew-about-it/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/world/national-security/obama-putin-election-hacking/?utm_term=.b72eff971690

This was something I knew was true from the beginning, I imagine it must be vexing for some of our US friends to be manipulated by Putin and basically to become victims of the Russian fake news campaign

But it wasnt the only reason Trump won  but the contributing factor Russia played in the Trump victory  cannot be ignored  :geek:

Go Putin! We're forever grateful!
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Thomas Sowell

I'm glad she did the right thing according to what happened. Yes there is always ****, but I'm glad we still have people like her upholding the right protocol in this case.

Also am I the only one laughing my ass off about California's travel bans? Funny how everyone was up in arms and still are for Trump's travel bans, but it's okay for California to do so bc LGBT protection..... nevermind that the countries Trump is trying to ban for a bit is way worse towards LGBT community. Awww the hypocrisy is so funny af lmao.

Also BruceVC, I'll give u a reason why NO ONE gives a flying **** about Russia hacking the DNC and releasing untampered emails that didn't vote for Hillary. Wanna know why? Because in the end, all it was basically was a smear campaign except with truth. We Americans get smear campaigns Everytime there is an election. That's it. That was their end result.

Why do I not give a **** about the DNC getting hacked? I'll give several.

1. It wasn't an election booth or election result that got hacked.

2. If the politicians weren't so damn careless, there's a really good chance that they wouldn't have gotten hacked.

3. We actually got a smear campaign that was truthful. That's an achievement in getting when dealing with media/politicians. Next time it should be both, so we can see the truth about BOTH parties.

4. It embarrassed a politician, especially one that was rigged to win by the media. We Americans LOVE seeing someone that's high and mighty fall. Especially during a time when any doubts about her as a politician resulted with with labeled as a sexist. So glad to see that blow up in their face.

5. Because the media STILL says the Russians hacked the election. We still can't get the truth still.

• Like 2

Go Putin! We're forever grateful!

WOD  you funny  :lol:

But Putin didnt need to intervene as despite my support of Clinton I now realize she wasn't the right candidate for  a number of reasons. Doesn't it concern you that the Russian interference undermines one of the core foundations of any Democracy which is the independance and sovereignty  of the free and fair electoral process?

John Milton 

Didn't change when Giffords almost got killed, who thought it'd be different because some GOP dude almost bought it.

And hey, maybe the dude was just being honest. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm glad she did the right thing according to what happened. Yes there is always ****, but I'm glad we still have people like her upholding the right protocol in this case.

Also am I the only one laughing my ass off about California's travel bans? Funny how everyone was up in arms and still are for Trump's travel bans, but it's okay for California to do so bc LGBT protection..... nevermind that the countries Trump is trying to ban for a bit is way worse towards LGBT community. Awww the hypocrisy is so funny af lmao.

Also BruceVC, I'll give u a reason why NO ONE gives a flying **** about Russia hacking the DNC and releasing untampered emails that didn't vote for Hillary. Wanna know why? Because in the end, all it was basically was a smear campaign except with truth. We Americans get smear campaigns Everytime there is an election. That's it. That was their end result.

2. If the politicians weren't so damn careless, there's a really good chance that they wouldn't have gotten hacked.

3. We actually got a smear campaign that was truthful. That's an achievement in getting when dealing with media/politicians. Next time it should be both, so we can see the truth about BOTH parties.

4. It embarrassed a politician, especially one that was rigged to win by the media. We Americans LOVE seeing someone that's high and mighty fall. Especially during a time when any doubts about her as a politician resulted with with labeled as a sexist. So glad to see that blow up in their face.

5. Because the media STILL says the Russians hacked the election. We still can't get the truth still.

Yes my friend but domestic media  hyperbole and US politicians trying to undermine other politicians is normal ...this was  a foreign country directly interfering in your elections

Its unprecedented and I find it highly inappropriate and irritating 

John Milton 

Yes my friend but domestic media  hyperbole and US politicians trying to undermine other politicians is normal ...this was  a foreign country directly interfering in your elections

To be fair they didn't interfere with the election, they interfered with the DNC. Not the same thing. They tried to interfere with voting systems but that is impossible to do. And Redneckdevil is 100% correct. Had the DNC practiced even a modicum of the professionalism working Americans take for granted there would have been nothing embarrassing to reveal. Their arrogance, their nastiness, their sneering condescension was as much their downfall as the Russians. 

Thomas Sowell

Didn't change when Giffords almost got killed, who thought it'd be different because some GOP dude almost bought it.

And hey, maybe the dude was just being honest. :lol:

Giffords wasn't shot for political reasons, that was another smear the Democrat press invented.

It's not unprecedented, US interferes in foreign elections all the time. And Ted Kennedy traveled to the Soviet Union to collude with the communists to interfere in US election. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

It's not unprecedented, US interferes in foreign elections all the time. And Ted Kennedy traveled to the Soviet Union to collude with the communists to interfere in US election.

Really? What election since the Cold War ended has the USA directly interfered in?

John Milton