Politics Episode 7: Remake of Episode 4

That article explains why Kalifornians love immigrants - much easier to take advantage and abuse them.  Just more  facts to show how bigoted, racist, and hateful Democrats are.

Eh... it's not just immigrants, nor is it just trucking.

Similar stories can be found throughout many industries. A product of many things, but the two primary drivers are often international 'free trade' and government regulation (especially the 'save the environment' kind). Both of which tend to serve the owners of industry one hell of a lot more than average Joe.

Edited by Valsuelm

You want to copy Sweden now do ya? :)

We've been doing that since the 70's!

I've mentioned it before, but still; Started as a DNA database for research, was used by the police to identify the killer of a politician, and now they're looking into actually allowing police to use it, and private insurance firms aswell. Good stuffs.

I remember that discussion about how you got yours removed from the database. I just think of the medical and crime fighting benefits and believe that should be the next step for society. Ill leave all the doomspeak to others. Hell, my method (taking samples at birth) would take generations to become effective, what I really want is an instant mandatory DNA collection of all citizens, but that would never fly. :(

I've mentioned it before, but still; Started as a DNA database for research, was used by the police to identify the killer of a politician, and now they're looking into actually allowing police to use it, and private insurance firms aswell. Good stuffs.

I remember that discussion about how you got yours removed from the database. I just think of the medical and crime fighting benefits and believe that should be the next step for society. Ill leave all the doomspeak to others. Hell, my method (taking samples at birth) would take generations to become effective, what I really want is an instant mandatory DNA collection of all citizens, but that would never fly. :(

I'm not sure if you're seriously insane, ignorant, evil, or not serious at all. So well played there, maybe.

As for 'never'....

Never say 'never'. ;)

I'm not sure if you're seriously insane, ignorant, evil, or not serious at all. So well played there, maybe.

As for 'never'....

Never say 'never'. ;)

Just to play devil's advocate, what is your objection to it?

(Also Gfted1 also obsessively wants to pilote remote control drones. I think he's into distopian futures.)

Ive been called 3/4 of those names, though never evil. :lol: Just a difference of viewpoints is all. Some see every situation and instantly envision what can go wrong, I'm envisioning what can go right. Somewhere in the middle is a balance? :shrugz:

You're evil. Enjoy your 4/4.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

As for 'never'....

Never say 'never'. ;)

Just to play devil's advocate, what is your objection to it?

(Also Gfted1 also obsessively wants to pilote remote control drones. I think he's into distopian futures.)

My objection to mandatory DNA collection of all citizens?

I could list at least a few objections, but I'll stick to just this big one:

I'm a big advocate of individual freedom, and generally don't support government mandating much of anything.

In the U.S.. there certainly is no Constitutional authority for government to be mandating DNA collection of all citizens (not that this often matters much these days...).

They can take my DNA the same way they can take my guns. From my dead, twitching corpse. The ammunition however I'll happily serve up as much of that as possible before then.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They can take my DNA the same way they can take my guns. From my dead, twitching corpse. The ammunition however I'll happily serve up as much of that as possible before then.

If mandatory DNA collection became a thing, they'd likely ignore those already around and focus on taking DNA samples from infants from that point on.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I would go one further, DNA samples taken at birth of every single person born in the US. :yes:

Whatever I can live with that and I am from Finland and born in Finland though I have lived and worked both in Finland and Sweden. What I

don't need to Finland is the horrible immigrant open door policy of Sweden and some other laws. Now I do know that many Swedes are not fond of the Sweden system including some relatives of mine in Sweden. Finland has also gone to the worse regarding immigrant policy as most of Europe (some exceptions), but least some other laws like prostitution is better in Finland then Sweden. I absolutely support the Germany system regarding prostitution.

Edited by Terminator

Yeah, ofcourse you can, you're not affected by it since you're not born in Sweden.

For what it's worth, I also want prostitution legalized. I'm allowed to buy a woman dinner and drinks and have sex with her, but not allowed to give her the money directly. As long as a man decides where the money goes, it's ok. :facepalm:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

beware, last few seconds are annoyingly loud:

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

One nice thing about having Republicans in Congress is the small, unknown bills that roll back Big Brother in innocuous but meaningful ways are starting to move again. Like this one: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2657/text What this does is get the USDA out of the mix and allow the State governments to regulate the process and sale of meat that is raised, processed and sold within State lines. The hope is it helps bring back locally owned and produced farming and ranching. 

In the late '60's President Johnson signed a law that made the USDA the ultimate arbiter of meat processing over the whole country. Like most things the government does it was well intentioned (I'm being really charitable here) but followed by a lot of bad unintended consequences. The USDA really hasn't proven up to the task. It's rules are arbitrary and inconsistently enforced and have driven up the cost to the point that private farmers and ranchers sold their herds and land to big Agribusiness. Like the Rancho Feeding Co. 

Unless you live in the US and really pay attention you might not have heard of Rancho Feeding Co. They were a beef business in California. It turns out they had a large number of diseased cattle. Rather than putting them down they processed them anyway. The very thing the USDA was supposed to be safeguarding against. The problem is the USDA inspector was romantically involved with one of the upper management at Rancho and the company also did what companies do: purchase political protection with large campaign donations to two California congressmen and the senior Senator from California, one Diane Feinstein. It took a plant employee going to CNN to blow this whole thing up. This is one of almost a hundred incidents of USDA malpractice over the last 30 years. They have also been used in a case in Florida during the '70s as a mafia like punishment to business for not making donations or supporting legislative measures. Yes the guilty were fired once this came to light. But it demonstrates that this kind of thing happens. Barack Obama was hardly the first political leader to weaponize the agencies of the Government for his own ends. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In other news the Supreme Court released thier opinion on Matal v Tam yesterday. In an 8-0 decision the court ruled the government may not prohibit registration of trademarks that are offensive. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-rejecting-trademarks-that-disparage-others-violates-the-first-amendment/2017/06/19/26a33ffa-23b3-11e7-a1b3-faff0034e2de_story.html?utm_term=.e3300b9a27f3

Matal v. Tam was a challenge to a federal law prohibiting the registration of any trademark that may "disparage...or bring...into contempt or disrepute" any "persons, living or dead." The Patent and Trademark Office cited this provision in 2011 when it refused to register a trademark in the name of a band called The Slants. Justice Samuel Alito wrote "We now hold that this provision violates the Free Speech Clause of the First Amendment," Alito wrote. "It offends a bedrock First Amendment principle: Speech may not be banned on the ground that it expresses ideas that offend."

Now this is a big deal because the government used this law to take the trademark of the Washing Redskins away. I expect their lawyers are working on that right now. Personally I don't see the sense in being offensive just for the heck of it. But I certainly don't like it when Big Brother tells them they can't. 

Thomas Sowell

I am curious to see how this plays out. It's my understanding that the state government has a lot of latitude in determining this kind of thing. 

Thomas Sowell

What people need to realize is all those off year elections when the Presidency is not being decided, they count too.

Thomas Sowell

What people need to realize is all those off year elections when the Presidency is not being decided, they count too.

People also often underestimate how important local elections are. As city and state governances can have very big impact on how your everyday life will go.

• Like 1

That was a funny line about Trump waiting for facts.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra