Politics Episode 7: Remake of Episode 4

Actually, iirc, the red button summons him a Pepsi. :yes:

Ok whatever it summons, but think about this possible scenario. Trump is slightly bored on his day and decides to have some fun. He gets new visitors who don't know about the red button purpose. He says loudly. "I need to do this!" and press the red button and look sternly on the visitors :yes: .

Guess they are done with Syria and Qatar is next on the chopping block.

Saudi kind of is done with Syria, and that's part of the problem. Their main proxy is currently being ground into pulp by Qatar's indirect proxy, and was well on the way down even before that. That and Qatar sponsoring groups antipathetic to Saudi's Libyan proxies is certainly a factor in the blockade. And to be fair to Saudi, Qatar is not averse to sponsoring more radical islamists than  Saudi is willing to openly support. The main factor is that Qatar sponsors the Ikwhan (Brotherhood) which Sisi, Saudi and the UAE hates (ironically, because they espouse islamist democracy, not for Qatar though. Brotherhood themselves are fairly moderate though, certainly comparatively, and aren't salafi/ wahhabi like most of the head chopper factions).

There's basically no chance of an invasion of Qatar though, and there aren't any convenient groups to sponsor either. Most likely Qatar will give lip service to some demands about the brotherhood and the whole thing will dial back over the next month.

Saudi's foreign policy is a joke anyway, they only ever get lip service support from people with their hands out. The only bigger joke is their military which has all the toys but regularly gets their bottoms paddled and Abrams destroyed by barefoot Houthis with AKs. It's also full of petty rivalries that see things like the infamous instance of SAMs bought based on how well they'd be able to shoot their own air force's planes down (two rival princes heading the army and air force at that time).

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

It's also full of petty rivalries that see things like the infamous instance of SAMs bought based on how well they'd be able to shoot their own air force's planes down (two rival princes heading the army and air force at that time).

LOL. If that doesn't paint a picture of how disconnected with reality their royalty is, I don't know what does.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

It's being a pretty shambolic Election so far from all parties here in the UK.

The Tories keep falling one way, Labour another, the party leaders are pretty much unlikeable and have things to heartily loathe for various reasons. After her latest screw-up, Diane Abbott has decided to "take a break to recover from stress and overwork" on the day before the election.

I would really appreciate it if we could get someone I could vote FOR, rather then keep ending up in a position of having to choose who I'm voting AGAINST.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I would really appreciate it if we could get someone I could vote FOR, rather then keep ending up in a position of having to choose who I'm voting AGAINST.

You wouldn't be living in the real world then.

When the universe closes a door, it opens a window:

Trump Floats Idea of a ‘Solar’ Border Wall.

And body chopping windmills.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

And body chopping windmills.

Yeah, we cant even do alternative energy right without some clowns litigating the whole thing to a standstill (see the wind farms off the East coast). I have no doubt whatsoever, that regardless of where the wall is supposed to be erected, that particular spot on Earth will be the sole living environment for the No-Shell Desert Tortoise.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#370602576b4a

as an aside, in spite o' the name, st. jude's is not a religious charity.  have personal donated a large amount to them and intend to leave a bulk o' our estate to st. jude's 'pon our death.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#370602576b4a

as an aside, in spite o' the name, st. jude's is not a religious charity.  have personal donated a large amount to them and intend to leave a bulk o' our estate to st. jude's 'pon our death.  

HA! Good Fun!

I wish I could say that was the worst article I've read today. It's close.

St. Jude is right here in Memphis and like Gromnir it is a charity I donate to frequently. In fact it is the only non-dog charity I will donate to since American Red Cross got on my s--t list. I one had a close friend who was an oncology nurse there. It takes a en incredibly strong person to work there, see what they see, and not lose their minds. Not many can do it but the jobs they do is so incredibly important. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

HA! Good Fun!

I wish I could say that was the worst article I've read today. It's close.

It's not that badly written.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Comey's prepared opening testimony for tomorrow: https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/os-jcomey-060817.pdf

The Guardian's summary. CNN's summary. Independent's summary. Take your pick.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Okay, I'll bite. Why?

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Well it does not sit well to donate money to a charity and then charge that charity money for use of facilities. Then take THAT money and donate to other charities and thump your chest at how great you are and all the charities you are supporting. If I donate to Gfted1's Home for Lost Cats, then charge them to have a golf tournament at my golf course, then donate the money they paid to aluminiumtrioxid Save the Whales fund I really only made one donation.... but I'm taking credit for two.

Like I said... it doesn't sit well. Not that anything that comes with the last name Trump is surprising to me.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well it does not sit well to donate money to a charity and then charge that charity money for use of facilities. Then take THAT money and donate to other charities and thump your chest at how great you are and all the charities you are supporting. If I donate to Gfted1's Home for Lost Cats, then charge them to have a golf tournament at my golf course, then donate the money they paid to aluminiumtrioxid Save the Whales fund I really only made one donation.... but I'm taking credit for two.

Like I said... it doesn't sit well. Not that anything that comes with the last name Trump is surprising to me.

How is that not making 2 donations? You donated money THEN can either let them use of the course for free (which would be seen as a donation) or charge them like everyone else and use that money to another one.

That situation is either donate twice to same organization or donate twice to different organization.

How is that not making 2 donations? You donated money THEN can either let them use of the course for free (which would be seen as a donation) or charge them like everyone else and use that money to another one.

That situation is either donate twice to same organization or donate twice to different organization.

Nothing legally wrong with it. It's not even inherently dishonest. It just does not sit well with me. Maybe if I didn't give a damn about the charities involved I wouldn't care.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Aren't most charities pretty much about getting to spend tax free money? Most hospitals are non-profit, so charities, but they're all about enriching their employees, especially the higher-ups.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Are we living in interesting times?

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and the UAE shun Qatar, Turkey backs Qatar, there's an ISIS attack in Iran, Trump blames Iran for it, Iranians blame Saudi Arabia for the attack.

Also, I hear the Middle East has some oil.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

KSA and his homies are mad for the Qatar boys chilling with the Muslim brotherhood and according to Wikileaks, supporting Al-Nusra in Syria, all while somehow being friendly with Iran. All while the Saudi-sponsored ISIS boys blow up some **** in Iran where the Persians blame the US by proxy as they see them and Mossad doing the funding and training indirectly. All while the US has 10k men stationed in Qatar, Turkey thinks that is not enough and send some of their own personel. Then there's the Russians.

The world makes perfect sense today.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Never seen well off guys kill people ? Same thing, really.

Always heard them speak in terms of likelihoods rather than absolutes, but whatever makes it simple.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Most of the 9/11 guys were middle class, bin Laden was a multi millionaire, al Zawahiri was a pediatrician etc. Windmill tilting, par for course.

More fake news from low energy failing CNN. Sad!

Hack was pretty much definitely done by UAE or Saudi, since they responded instantly and had a media campaign/ statements etc already set up and ready to go.

Doh! Wrong thread. See the NBA thread.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

If it wasn't for the double standard, the media wouldn't have any standards at all: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2017/06/08/nets-ignore-oversight-report-showing-holder-impeded-fast-and

Edit: How moronic is our society, that girls now have to compete against boys in athletics? http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/06/transgender-freshman-sprinter-born-a-male-wins-two-girls-state-championships/?utm_content=buffer0d16d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

Huh that Clinton tweet was from Jun 5 2016, thought I was wrong about being well into Ramadan by then this year. She did tweet about it on the actual anniversary though (I mean for all the good that is).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra