Terror attack London

Ben No.3

Right now few things are certain. There has been a bus attack at the London Bridge and a stabbing in Borough market

• Like 2

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Is it just me or has London sustained the most terrorist attacks of any western city since the mid 90's...

edit: specified western because I know the middle east get's it the worst of all.

Edited by injurai

Not even surprised... I just hope none of the people i know was injured/killed. I guess I will find out on Monday.

The sad part of this reality is that people don't feel safe. For example the stampede in Turin was caused because people thought that someone detonated a bomb nearby.

In Germany, the last couple of days the "Rock am Ring" festival got disrupted by constant warnings and fear of a terrorist attacks.

This is so effed up.

Edited by Darkpriest

Out of intellectual curiousity, I wonder how many more attacks will have to happen until the Brits are finally willing to talk about mass importing Muslims could be the problem.

Edited by ktchong

I hate radicalized buses

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

London attack Latest News

The death toll from the terrorist attack in London Bridge has risen to seven and almost 50 were injured, the head of Scotland Yard has revealed.

Metropolitan Police commissioner Cressida **** condemned the atrocity as "appalling" and "ghastly".

She said police believe there were three attackers at London Bridge and Borough Market and that all had been "neutralised".

Attackers brought carnage to the streets of the capital, stabbing a police officer and revellers with 12-inch knives, reportedly shouting "this is for Allah".

The trio were pictured wearing what appeared to be explosive vests, with police later confirming they were hoaxes.

Police were called at around 10.08pm to reports of a vehicle striking pedestrians on London Bridge.

The white van then continued to drive to Borough Market.

• 10.07pm Ambulance services were called to reports of a vehicle ploughing through pedestrians on London Bridge, arriving within six minutes.
  • 10.08pm Police are called to the scene. Officers then attended a second incident at nearby Borough Market after reports of stabbings.
  • 10.16pm Within eight minutes, three male suspects were shot dead in Borough Market by police marksman. The men were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later found to be hoaxes.
  • 12.25am on Sunday Both incidents were declared by the Metropolitan Police as terror attacks.
  • 4am Police confirm six people were killed in the rampage.
  • 9.30am Seven people have died, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida **** confirms

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

We need to regulate cyberspace - May

Speaking after chairing a meeting of the government's emergency committee Cobra, the prime minister also spoke about the need to deal with terrorism, saying the UK needed to work with international leaders to shut down areas of the internet used by terrorists to communicate.

Mrs May said there needs to be an international agreement to "regulate cyberspace" where extremists have "safe spaces".

We cannot allow this ideology the safe space it needs to breed. Yet that is precisely what the internet, and the big companies that provide internet-based services provide.

yeah, radical blow himself up - lets ban internetz. classic

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Out of intellectual curiousity, I wonder how many more attacks will have to happen until the Brits are finally willing to talk about mass importing Muslims could be the problem.

Denial is a very powerful thing many people take part in, especially when encouraged to do so by the bought and paid for mass media they were indoctrinated into.

We've been at the point in the west for quite awhile now where we're going to have about as many people realize that mass immigration is a problem as we're going to.

And we are as much past the point of talking about this as a man who has already been stabbed and is bleeding out is past the point of talking who stabbed him out of doing it.

The Trumps sure like misquoting Sadiq Khan.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Denial is a very powerful thing many people take part in, especially when encouraged to do so by the bought and paid for mass media they were indoctrinated into.

We've been at the point in the west for quite awhile now where we're going to have about as many people realize that mass immigration is a problem as we're going to.

And we are as much past the point of talking about this as a man who has already been stabbed and is bleeding out is past the point of talking who stabbed him out of doing it.

No guys, there is no denial here and yes something needs to be done but deporting the Muslim community is not the solution

As much as that may seem to be a answer it would undermine what most Western countries believe and stand for. The majority of the Muslim in places like the UK I assume are opposed to extremism

But are they doing enough? I question this, I wonder if these cowards came from Syria and are ISIS inspired or are UK citizens ?If they actually citizens then serious questions need to be asked and certain expectations made to the Muslim community 

It would be almost incomprehensible no one knew anything, in SA we have the whole Muslim community who phone in the various talks show deny ISIS  exists or make ridiculous and offensive comments like "the CIA  created ISIS to destabilize the ME and attack Islam "  

I have typically ignored this type of irritating ignorance but I feel its time to point out the truth ....the SA  Muslim community need to start accepting the truth of Islamic extremism and take some sort of responsibility,

Especially since we have arrested 4 ISIS homegrown terrorists 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36766209

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

(image)

Except that's no 'random person', that's Mohammed Ullah, Manchester university chaplain and activist/spokesman against Islamophobia.

is little point in arguing at this time.  immediate after any attack, you is gonna hear the same folks rage posting and making blanket condemnations.  some o' these folks saw richard rojas as clear proof o' islamic terrorism, 'til it clear weren't. somehow these terrorist incidents translate into undeniable proof o' the evils o' islam and the need to stop muslim immigration... though the terrorists rare seem to actual be immigrants. 

yeah, am thinking there is a kinda willful obtuseness when pundits pretend as if there is no correlation 'tween modern terrorism in the west and radicalized islamic groups.  am understanding why pundits and governments do not wish to seem to be antagonistic towards a major religion, and it got nothing to do with sjw or liberal nonsense. is a bad idea to makes folks feel as if they needs choose 'tween faith and the State. even so, to pretend as if there is no connection 'tween religion and the terrorists yelling "allahu akbar" before they blow up places and people is making it difficult to take such folks serious.

regardless, these terrorist attacks has folks at both ends o' the political spectrum suffering from short-term (hopefully short) iq drop o' approx. 30 points.  not worth the effort to fight at this time.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

snip - Ethnocentrist video - snip

You know, not understand the basics of what a majority and minority is, really discredits any points made on that basis.

I wish people were able to discuss this in terms that were actually accurate and not profoundly ethnocentric - but alas, inability to  understand that phenenom seems to be antithesis to actually understanding and discussing the phenenom in general and objective terms.

Because there are certainly valid critiques of the current multicultural approach in European politics, but these blanket generalizations really kills rational discussion, as we end up having to nitpick the most basic definitions .. In short, your point gets lost, if you hijack a definition to push a ethnocentric agenda - no matter how valid or not it is.

Fortune favors the bald.

The Trumps sure like misquoting Sadiq Khan.

Source?

Well was the son taking an interesting interpretation of “part and parcel of living in a great, global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police” to mean that terrorism was part and parcel of life in a big city. More recently was http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/04/donald-trump-lashes-sadiq-khan-london-terror-attacks/

Heh, I guess when I used to see people do this thing to Wenger I thought it was just sports journalists :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

snip - Ethnocentrist video - snip

You know, not understand the basics of what a majority and minority is, really discredits any points made on that basis.

I wish people were able to discuss this in terms that were actually accurate and not profoundly ethnocentric - but alas, inability to  understand that phenenom seems to be antithesis to actually understanding and discussing the phenenom in general and objective terms.

Because there are certainly valid critiques of the current multicultural approach in European politics, but these blanket generalizations really kills rational discussion, as we end up having to nitpick the most basic definitions .. In short, your point gets lost, if you hijack a definition to push a ethnocentric agenda - no matter how valid or not it is.

What is your view on the success of multiculturalism in Denmark and other Scandinavian counties ?

The issue is not multiculturalism IMO, I support that as usual. My issue is more about integrating Muslims who follow Sharia law and never truly appreciate what they have

Why not stop integrating them, be honest and focus on other groups?

Africa is a mess as countries like Nigeria, Somalia and Kenya fail to battle brutal Islamic groups....its pointless trying to integrate these groups....they even use children as suicide bombers, unheard of in African circles and utterly reprehensible

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2013/11/nigeria-boko-haram-uses-child-soldiers-201311291435525502.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-somalia-blast-idUSKBN18K2AJ

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've told this piece before and stand by it. We should only give as much laws and free money to immigrants as their countries give to our citizens.

No freedom of religion and personal rights, sorry to hear that, no such a thing for your religion and your kind over here as well.

It does not work, it will end up as planet of apes, but instead of apes we will have uncivilized "immigrants" who care nothing for us, our history, our values, they only care their living space and how to take it from us, and our wealth, and how to take as much as they can from us.

It does not work, it will end up as planet of apes, but instead of apes we will have uncivilized "immigrants" who care nothing for us, our history, our values, they only care their living space and how to take it from us, and our wealth, and how to take as much as they can from us.

Sigh - again, just because the only culture you've succesfully understood is your own, doesn't mean every other culture is inferior.

We are humans first and foremost - to actually think that western civilization is the only valuable, historical and civilized occurrence... is so wrong it's painful, for someone who's actually read history.

Read some Jared Diamond or Samir Amin .. for a good antidote of western exceptionalism.

Edit: which agains just illustrates the point - if your gut reaction to a terrorist attack is to lash out against a culture or religion, then you're doing exactly what the autocrats on both sides want you too.

But autocratic and fascist tendencies in Islamic political culture is certainly somethint that should be criticized. Just don't hate the random bloke next to ya' just because he ain't the same colour as you. Makes you seem like a bit of a ****.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I've told this piece before and stand by it. We should only give as much laws and free money to immigrants as their countries give to our citizens.

No freedom of religion and personal rights, sorry to hear that, no such a thing for your religion and your kind over here as well.

I'm sure restricting rights for certain groups of people will in no way create a precedent that will be abused later on.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Africa is a mess as countries like Nigeria, Somalia and Kenya fail to battle brutal Islamic groups....its pointless trying to integrate these groups....they even use children as suicide bombers, unheard of in African circles and utterly reprehensible

Yep - and why are they like that? Why did the Arab Spring turn out like it did.. Where did all this mess start?

It started pretty early of course, but for a modern understanding, read the transcripts of the UNSCOP committes recommendations of the partition of Palestine in 1947, if you want an idea where to start.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Oh Jesus. It's not about who's culture is inferior or superior it's about . And Islam has next to none compatibility with the west.

It's not about if we understand each other it's about if we can live next to each other. And we clearly in most cases cannot.

Compatibility implies relational value - I don't disagree with your assessment of your own cultures inherent value to you or the fact that you want it in to be in which ever state you wish it to be in. That's your democratic prerogative..

I disagree with your assessment that Islam (or any other religion) is inherently *something* quantifiable in term of compatibility. I get along perfectly well with my Muslim/Hindu/Mormon neighbors, but not with anyone who seeks to diminish my rights as citizen - and that seems to be a trait that can hit anyone, alt-right and muslim a like..

Fortune favors the bald.

(image)

Except that's no 'random person', that's Mohammed Ullah, Manchester university chaplain and activist/spokesman against Islamophobia.

is little point in arguing at this time.  immediate after any attack, you is gonna hear the same folks rage posting and making blanket condemnations.  some o' these folks saw richard rojas as clear proof o' islamic terrorism, 'til it clear weren't. somehow these terrorist incidents translate into undeniable proof o' the evils o' islam and the need to stop muslim immigration... though the terrorists rare seem to actual be immigrants.

Yeah, I know, just thought I should fact-check some misinformation is all. :grin:

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden