PC/Mac Release Date: June 15!

I'm kinda disappointed by how much people are willing to support paying double for this, and I guess I know why the company is going to do it since you guys are going to give them free money :/

I want to support the company sure, but I don't want to give them money for nothing....

I'm kinda disappointed by how much people are willing to support paying double for this, and I guess I know why the company is going to do it since you guys are going to give them free money :/

I want to support the company sure, but I don't want to give them money for nothing....

Not quite money for nothing.  There is some value to the bundles if you aren't just interested in the desktop platform.

I know that the pricing for the Goblins DLC hasn't come out yet, but willing to bet that it will require "Real Money" (not game gold) and I'm assuming it may be as much as $15 US.  So whether I buy the PC platform not, that's $15 I'm extremely likely to sink into the game in the coming months.

Knowing that the Obsidian Edition is $40, I'm left thinking: "Is there $25 of enough other stuff to justify the purchase?"  

Such other stuff currently includes:

- One Each Uncommon Card (base edition)

- One Each Rare Card (base edition)

- One Each Epic Card (Obs. edition)

- One Each Legendary Card (Obs. edition)

- All Iconic Character Alts (Obs. edition)

- Some Legendary Dice (Obs. edition)

- Pillars of Eternity Promo Cards (Obs. edition)   #HYPE!

- Assorted other Legendary Cards (Obs. edition)

- A pile of the new consumables to play around with (Obs. edition)

I'm able to make the case to myself that all those extra bits are worth it to me.  It would take far more than $40 in treasure chests (or $40 in my time/effort grinding gold) to acquire it all.  

If anyone is trying to stick with the free-to-play route, opinions may understandably vary.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2

I really want a native PC version of the game, and I want to support future development of the game (i.e. new adventure paths etc..). You can be disappointed that I find enough value in a PC version of the game to buy it if you want, and truthfully I am slightly disappointed myself. but I'm making a decision with eyes wide open. Do I wish I could transfer over the $25 of content I bought on the mobile version? Sure. Am I willing to die on that hill, no. 

If I didn't find value in it, I'd just not buy it.

Edited by hfm
  • Like 2

I find a good way to keep perspective is to remember that I spent $25 on a game, and I played it for a year.  Nothing will change that, even if the developers go off and build a sequel and bundle the game I bought with the sequel.

• Like 2

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

I waited for a Windows version, mostly because that's my chosen tablet platform.  I'm glad I didn't end up spending money twice.  (I probably won't buy it right away, as I want to see the bug reports first, but probably not long.)

Edited by Parody

I don't mind if they want to charge money for the PC version but what irritates me is not getting any in-game-gold refund for things that we've already purchased. If I got in-game gold back for the adventures I've already unlocked then I'd seriously consider buying the PC version, but as it is there's no way. Heck, even give it back in the form of treasure chests, if you're worried about flooding the in game currency.

It's irritating already with regards to the costume upgrades.

I think they need to appreciate that getting bad value for money in any way, including getting something you've already "paid" for, has an irrationally strong impact on people.

I don't mind if they want to charge money for the PC version but what irritates me is not getting any in-game-gold refund for things that we've already purchased. If I got in-game gold back for the adventures I've already unlocked then I'd seriously consider buying the PC version, but as it is there's no way. Heck, even give it back in the form of treasure chests, if you're worried about flooding the in game currency.

Strictly speaking, they MIGHT be doing that. We'll be hearing on confirmation about the described bonuses to pre-existing players based on a number of factors, hinted in the stream, in the days leading up to release.

I doubt it's as straightforward and generous as that, and if it was then I think they should've led their announcements with that explanation if so, but it's not impossible.