Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What you did today

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
593 replies to this topic

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3549 posts

On the upside I rented a PX4 and I now love that gun...also the ringing is gone I don't know If there is actually permanent damage but OTOH, YOLO.

Every time you get ringing in your ears from being exposed to loud noises, you've gotten permanent damage, it's just a question of how much that's gone. You wouldn't really notice it either.

I want to shoot a FN Five-seven, but there's noone around here that has one. Gun ownership isn't unusual, but pistols are rare.

Never shot one but it seems like it would be comfortable since most of the bulk is closer to the hand. I have a bunch of ranges around my area, if I ever get the chance to shoot one I will tell you.

• Azdeus likes this

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6952 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Arsenal lost badly today so am spending the day abusing their fans. Sports fans are precious when they take their entertainment so seriously.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2443 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Went to the range, apparently I didn't quite put the ear protection right so now my left eardrum is ringing a little bit.

You've managed to permanently damage your hearing a bit.

Sorry for your loss. :(

On the upside I rented a PX4 and I now love that gun...also the ringing is gone I don't know If there is actually permanent damage but OTOH, YOLO.

Great choice!

I love my PX4

I'm not likely but still possibly going on a trip all around Alaska next month to go do some technical mumbo jumbo at some really remote sites. I've never been further north (in North America) than Seattle but to be honest I'm both a little excited and a little scared to go so far beyond the wall.

Where in Alaska? It is a beautiful place. Expensive though.

All over. It's like Gromnir said I'd be taking little planes all over the place. It'd be a work trip so the expense would hopefully be covered

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4330 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm not likely but still possibly going on a trip all around Alaska next month to go do some technical mumbo jumbo at some really remote sites. I've never been further north (in North America) than Seattle but to be honest I'm both a little excited and a little scared to go so far beyond the waAs 

As someone who has travelled extensively I was going to say "  I can understand that sense of anxiety you may feel but you went to Iraq and survived that and that would require much more bravery and sangfroid   " 

But then it occurred to me this trip to Alaska and any nervousness needs  a different type of mental fortitude, also you are older now and married and logically different things would concern you that did not apply when you were in the marines

And since a trip to Alaska would also make me scared, as Im not a very good outdoor person,  I cannot offer you any normal constructive feedback  :geek:

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6742 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
I saw the coverage from around Houston this morning. Yikes! My thoughts go out to all our southern Texas forumites and their families. I hope you folks are safe and somewhere dry with electricity right now.

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2734 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I am, but it's boring as **** being confined to the indoors.
  • Azdeus likes this

Azdeus

Azdeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

But atleast you're dry?

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 619 posts
An auspicious start to my day. While waiting for my Uber to a steakhouse for lunch a Douglas C-47 in full Second World War livery flew directly over my head (sans paratroopers making static line drops). Probably on its way back from a heritage flight commemorating the centennial of the foundation of the 82nd.

Edited by Agiel, 27 August 2017 - 12:47 PM.

• Azdeus likes this

majestic

majestic

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

But atleast you're dry?

That could be the problem, assuming nobody stocked up on the sauce.

• Azdeus and Keyrock like this

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5311 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I once flew on a two engine Cessna from Virginia to Florida, and it was freaking terrifying.

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2734 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

But atleast you're dry?

From the rain yes, from my whiskey no.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2443 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I once flew on a two engine Cessna from Virginia to Florida, and it was freaking terrifying.

I actually like the little puddle jumpers. Makes me feel like I'm on an adventure or something 

Azdeus

Azdeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

From the rain yes, from my whiskey no.

Good, keep applying whiskey until you start ranting at the clouds, then apply some more.

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4610 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

new thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic