What you did today

Gorth

Wife comes back from two weeks in Estonia tomorrow so I gotta clean up

rookie.

mess the place up worse and then claim you were robbed.  problem solved.

HA! Good Fun!

ps  if shady has been hankering for a new game console or computer, those can be disappeared as stolen booty during the "robbery."  darn thieves also stole/destroyed those ugly sweaters your in-laws sent you for christmas two years ago. another win for shady.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Strained my back at work today, again, I've been relying too much on my right hand so I've overexerted myself. Annoying.

Going back to the doctors on monday, since he clearly lied to me, since the wound in my hand has been torn up, so I'm going to ask for some stitches instead.

On monday I handed my car over to my father to change my suspension, brakes and bushings, and he finished today. The car handles amazingly, you know how the car leans over slightly in say a roundabout? No. No it doesn't. Tried it at 50km, and it started to lean a little. :D

I've sacrificed some comfort but in exchange I've got alot of confidence in the cars handling abilities now.

The downside is that it's about 4cm's lower, I could've done without that.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Met an old friend from Uni by chance on her way back with lunch. All downhill from there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So get this. I drive all the way to Florida to go fishing. I spend three days there and catch a few but nothing legal or desirable to keep. I'm not complaining, make no mistake. I learned long ago the real point of gong fishing is not to catch fish. Anyway I came home on Thursday and caught up work around the house and garden. Yesterday I walked down to the river in the afternoon and within a few hours caught two nice size stripers and six bream. I kept the two stripers and baked them in tinfoil on the grill with turnips, onions and jalapeno peppers.

I had fun on the trip but I'd have caught more fish if I'd stayed home!

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's his wife writing messages now. I don't know what has happened to TrueNeutral. I can only pray for him.

#FreeTrueNeutral

Look at me. I'm the moderator now.

I'm alive. Days of married life survived: 1. Thanks for the congratulations earlier, guys. :)

You're wife should join these forums. I don't know how that could ever possibly go wrong.

Yeah, no. Linking to something she made in my signature (where I didn't even mention she was my girlfriend) already got her a bunch of harrasment once, and I wasn't even a moderator yet then. Lesson learned that even here the angry grognards can be horrible crazies.

:lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My dad died two days ago, I've just learned. This has been a very bad, no good last 365 days.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That genuinely sucks. My deepest sympathies.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Thanks. That makes it my sister, my dad, my grandpa, and my uncle who have all died in roughly the last 365 days. At least my grandpa (just barely) did not have to bury his son...my grandmother, on the other hand...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That's rough, Barty, my condolences.

I'm off to a Charlotte Knights, or, as they are temporarily called, in honor of the Queen City's rapidly expanding Latino population, the Charlotte Caballeros, game (phew, that's a lot of commas).  Not gonna lie, they should just change the name to Caballeros permanently, that word is awesome to say.  Minor league baseball, plus the team is terrible this year.  Feel the excitement!  Still, going to baseball games is usually a good time.  As boring as it is to watch on TV, and holy **** is baseball boring on TV, I always enjoy myself at the park.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That's some rough **** Barti, hope you're holding up ok.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm back from the game.  It started out rough with our starting pitcher giving up an inside the park HR to the very first batter and the Iron Pigs tacking on another run in the first, but then the Caballeros exploded with a thrilling 4 run 5th en route to a 5-3 victory.  I had great seats halfway down the 1st base line in the 3rd row (the great thing about minor league baseball is that you can get great tickets cheap).  It was a beautiful evening with temps in the mid to high 80s, relatively low humidity, and a slight breeze.  I had a great time.

DLUXTRf.jpg

Drummers and dancers outside the entrance before the game.

FXDWSXT.jpg

My view.

oOkja5Q.jpg

Bases loaded with 2 outs during the thrilling 5th inning rally.

OYRKONH.jpg

We won!

K45FBBB.jpg

The Queen City at night, taken on my way out of the stadium.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Condolences you had to see a baseball game, Keyrock.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had a date today. It went well.

I didn't get stabbed.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Condolences Bart.

On the random upswing, I picked up an inexpensive folding exercise bike. Broke it in by riding it whilst watching an episode of Planet Earth.

I thought it might be a useful way to get in a little bit of cardio while multitasking - ie, catching up on tv I've been meaning to watch.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

well, my mother in her driving lessons finally managed to do some damage. she just can't get over her panic when she tries anything ending up making the engine stall most of the time, but today she panicked and smashed the gas pedal with the clutch pressed, red-lined the RPM and blew the radiator

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Prediction: A lot of people in the US will need new cell phones after today. Because they are going to take punctures of the eclipse and don't know what UV does to camera lenses.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Watching eclipse coverage on NASA, people on the broadcast sure are excited.

Apparently your cell camera won't die instantly from it.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1