What you did today

Gorth

Man, I should go for my driver's license some day. I'm getting close to 30... but mandatory driving lessons here are pretty expensive, and I have a slight traffic-phobia that makes me not trust myself with a combustion-driven hunk of speed metal. >_>

Hey if it's not cramping your style not having a car think of all the money you're saving.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Went to dinner at the VFW last night. There is a wall there with a picture of all the member who have passed away. They put a picture of Tommy there. I was touched. I seldom went there without him so I guess that makes him as much a member as anyone. They all loved him there. I'd like to start bringing Sunny but she is a little too rambunctious for that. I'm still working on her social skills.

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've had a lot of summer projects this year, which are all a result of moving my in-laws in. But I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and the house is finally coming together. Yesterday I finished building a small loft in the garage for storage. Our garage is super tall with rafters, so it was an adventure climbing around up there and nailing down plywood. Between that and the Rubbermaid Storage Shed I built last week, I was able to store away a good deal of stuff and free up room for my garage. My garage has a gymnastics area, a hockey goal with a shooting pad, and a brewing station, so it was nice to get it back into usable condition.

My hops are growing well, so I'm excited to have this set up:

20476273_10209897035287225_3366556689613

20292978_10209887171040625_4541216439010

20139969_10209841473338211_5913212613707

18485447_10209235190581521_7756658627416

(This is the hockey setup taken before all the moving, it's back in action now.)

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 5

I was tempted to wake up super early in the morning and drive out to the beach today (it's roughly a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive to get to the shore from Charlotte), but I'm in tighten the belt and save save save mode so I opted instead to go to Freedom Park near downtown.

Freedom Park is one of the fancier, more "civilized" of the many parks in The Queen City, there are more simple, here's a bunch of nature straight up type parks around the city's outskirts.

OgaHnjT.jpg

trTz83w.jpg

QcuIBA3.jpg

There's a steam locomotive in the park right next to the giant playscape for the kids.  I guess back in the day it used to be completely open and kids would climb all over it, because that's an awesome thing to do when you're a kid.  These days, since we live in the Age of Litigation, it's all fenced off, though you can still go inside it.

4MKVAYv.jpg

CFUyz2c.jpg

We had some cooler air move in late last week, bringing in spectacular weather.  Highs in the mid 80s and reasonably low humidity are about as good as you can reasonably expect in Charlotte in July.  It seems like the great weather is sticking around for at least the next week, if the extended forecast is to be believed.  :biggrin:

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So I mentioned before that I'm trying out this online dating thing. Well, it wasn't going so well. No responses, no matches, meh.

So I completely redid the profile, even got a new haircut, new pictures. And 48 hours later, OKC is telling me that it's putting me in their attractive people database. Apparently they split the database in two depending on how many likes and profile views you get. I'm going in the good half where my matches will mostly be pulling from other beautiful people like moi. I think they're overselling me in that case, or maybe just trying to prevent me from being king of the uggos and ruling with an iron fist.

In other news, I had to cut my jog short today when I made room for two girls who insisted on walking shoulder to shoulder as I passed. My leg went off the edge of the sidewalk onto the curb which was only a slight height difference, the weight shifted, and the ankle went sideways. It only hurt for a little while, but I'm taking it easy tonight.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I had surgery on my wrist and it'll be healing, near unusable, for the next few weeks. It's very annoying to do everything, including typing, one-handed. I also have to keep my hand elevated at all times (to help it drain, apparently) so I've been alternating between looking like a schoolchild with their hand constantly raised and a neo-Nazi. My entire hand (from the fingers to the knuckles to my palm and then wrist) are also quite painful, which I hope will fix itself eventually, otherwise this entire operation will have been completely pointless.

(e): Also, technically, they did give me some vicodin for it, but I don't like using narcotics if I don't have to and have just been toughing it out with just a little ibuprofen once or twice a day instead. Mixed results with that so far, but I probably won't bother using it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Feel better, both of you.

Thomas Sowell

my cat has been meowing in a very sad tone today. i think something may have happened to her 3 kittens as she hid them away from home and out of the safety  of her humans. next time she gives birth, i'm locking her and her kittens in the storeroom to make sure they don't get lost again. my brother wanted a kitten but of the 5 she made so far, none seems to have had the luck to live more than a week

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Tomorrow is going to suck. It's supposed to break the heat records here, and I don't have AC.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm expecting weather problems tomorrow too. It's supposed to rain alot. :(

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

i confirmed that the kittens are dead. it was a neighbor that found them in a bush and killed them (the bush wasn't even in his property, he just heard them meowing and went searching in an empty field behind his house). the damn idiot knew they were my cat's cubs and i bet this is why he did it cause he has a bad relationship with my father. he didn't personally admitted it but all evidence points in that direction.

now my cat is sitting there in both mental and physical pain because besides being sad for losing her cubs, her breasts are swollen from all the milk she has no one to feed to. i have a small hand pump i will try using to milk the cat and reduce the swelling.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

i confirmed that the kittens are dead. it was a neighbor that found them in a bush and killed them (the bush wasn't even in his property, he just heard them meowing and went searching in an empty field behind his house). the damn idiot knew they were my cat's cubs and i bet this is why he did it cause he has a bad relationship with my father. he didn't personally admitted it but all evidence points in that direction.

now my cat is sitting there in both mental and physical pain because besides being sad for losing her cubs, her breasts are swollen from all the milk she has no one to feed to. i have a small hand pump i will try using to milk the cat and reduce the swelling.

Oil filler cap, paint thinner.

If that is not available, drain the oil from his engine.

Or buy DOT 3 brake fluid and pour over it, that's fun aswell. It'll melt all the paint of the car right quick.

Apply massive blunt force to his face.

I'm sorry for you man :(

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I have several things to say about that person but the language filter won't let me, so instead I say +1 to Azdeus' suggestions.

Hopefully you can get vengeance on him later. That goes beyond being an ass and being a psychopath to kill living things because you dislike a man. Remember it though, the window opens eventually.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

lately i get many disconnections from the internet because something is wrong with the router. while the connection between router and ISP is fine, it keeps losing connection with my PC. tried changing cables, tried soft and hard resets and nothing so i called the tech support...

25 minutes of waiting for someone to reply and the conversation took barely 1 minute in which the consensus was: the router is broken, the problem will be registered so i can pass by the nearest shop tomorrow to get a free new one.

i'm the kind of guy tech support loves. i do most of the troubleshooting myself and only call them as a last resort... and when i call them i'm quick and concise because i can explain things precisely and i understand what they say without having to ask for a translation in "layman's terms for the totally ignorant knowitalls"

-Teknoman2-

I'm with Malcador. This is the kind of thing that would lead me to swear an oath to deliver the most terrible revenge in my power to design on that neighbor.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Nothing is more fun than a meeting with 5 people trying to kiss ass better than each other.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tell me about it.

I feel bad for my mates that has their vacation during this time, atleast I'm working. Though I work outside, so... >-<

its so hot today that i need to have a fan blowing the air that comes out of the A/C on the PC to keep it from overheating.

-Teknoman2-

Tell me about it.

I feel bad for my mates that has their vacation during this time, atleast I'm working. Though I work outside, so... >-<

I have my vacation now.  :p  :aiee:

• Like 3