What you did today

Gorth

Morphine's useless. Got an ok to increase the dose again, but it bloody well does nothing.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I went for my jog last night as it was starting to rain. I thought how bad could it get? Well, the lightning was bright enough that my eyes reflexively shut themselves, and the rain blown by the wind felt like I was attacked by an angry nest of hornets.

Other than that, you know, it was okay.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Maybe you're immune.

Likely so.. it's uncommon, but there are more cases of it in Scandinavia apparently. I have a friends who's completely immune to most of the stronger opiates.

Hope that's not the case Azdeus, that'll be problematic if you ever get hospitalized.

Fortune favors the bald.

I really hope not, I'm pretty certain that I will need surgery or similar atleast once in my lifetime.

And the alchohol store has closed already, guess I'll have to get another bottle tomorrow or go for the moonshine.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I really hope not, I'm pretty certain that I will need surgery or similar atleast once in my lifetime.

And the alchohol store has closed already, guess I'll have to get another bottle tomorrow or go for the moonshine.

I will relay an anectode from my old Third world country. Where we didn't have morphine and tooths had to be taken out with just a Novocaine shot and there wasn't any tablets given afterwards to help with the pain. I put this forth so that you know that i'm very serious when I say that I've seen women who had their tonsils taken out complain far less.

Avoid hard and chewy foods, don't eat anything with starch in it (very difficult to get out) and more importantly man the **** up; it's pain it don't go away just cause you don't like it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I will relay an anectode from my old Third world country. Where we didn't have morphine and tooths had to be taken out with just a Novocaine shot and there wasn't any tablets given afterwards to help with the pain. I put this forth so that you know that i'm very serious when I say that I've seen women who had their tonsils taken out complain far less.

Avoid hard and chewy foods, don't eat anything with starch in it (very difficult to get out) and more importantly man the **** up; it's pain it don't go away just cause you don't like it.

You're welcome to take a trip to Sweden, and I'll happily knock a couple of your teeth out and see how much you complain, because you clearly need to feel some to learn what it is :)

It's not my first bout with pulling teeth, I've pulled 7 so far and none have hurt to this degree for this long.

I live in a "first world country" and I only got novocaine for my wisdom teeth. Not even laughing gas. Took nothing for the pain afterwards, all though there was certainly some harsh pain once the novo wore off. I've since felt even worse pain on opiates though I imagine that was the wound not anything to do with the opiates, because let me tell you, I was feeling those.

Edited by injurai
  • Like 1

You're welcome to take a trip to Sweden, and I'll happily knock a couple of your teeth out and see how much you complain, because you clearly need to feel some to learn what it is :)

It's not my first bout with pulling teeth, I've pulled 7 so far and none have hurt to this degree for this long.

Have you checked to see if it got infected, did the tooth came out clean or there might be something still stuck inside? Other than that it might have just been a bad dentist that did a bad cut.

Also, I decline on your invitation to a teeth pulling bout as it seems like you are already ahead of me on that regard (7 teeth, for God's Sake man learn to brush!)

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Have you checked to see if it got infected, did the tooth came out clean or there might be something still stuck inside? Other than that it might have just been a bad dentist that did a bad cut.

Also, I decline on your invitation to a teeth pulling bout as it seems like you are already ahead of me on that regard (7 teeth, for God's Sake man learn to brush!)

Apologies, that was supposed to be 6 teeth, the wisdom teeth, and a couple others, I didn't have the funds to repair them. The wisdom teeth were badly decayed because they were hopeless to reach properly with a toothbrush, and I noticed to late that they were in a bad shape. Considering their positioning and such they probably would've pulled them anyway once I started getting cavities in them.

The dentists work was good, the tooth came out clean, got it as a souvenir the problem is that the nerve was less than a millimetre underneath it. She knew this and took precautions afterwards to see that it wasn't visibly damaged. I do wish I could speak japaneese though as she let loose a loong tirade that sounded very relieved afterwards. :)

They didn't see any signs of infection when I was there either, went there to discuss dosage and they had a look at the same time. Looks to be healing perfectly.

And yeah, they used Xylocain or something similar during the procedure, no laughing gas or such here either. Normally they tell you to take paracetamol or similar for the pain, but that's just pointless.

Apologies, that was supposed to be 6 teeth, the wisdom teeth, and a couple others, I didn't have the funds to repair them. The wisdom teeth were badly decayed because they were hopeless to reach properly with a toothbrush, and I noticed to late that they were in a bad shape. Considering their positioning and such they probably would've pulled them anyway once I started getting cavities in them.

The dentists work was good, the tooth came out clean, got it as a souvenir the problem is that the nerve was less than a millimetre underneath it. She knew this and took precautions afterwards to see that it wasn't visibly damaged. I do wish I could speak japaneese though as she let loose a loong tirade that sounded very relieved afterwards. :)

They didn't see any signs of infection when I was there either, went there to discuss dosage and they had a look at the same time. Looks to be healing perfectly.

And yeah, they used Xylocain or something similar during the procedure, no laughing gas or such here either. Normally they tell you to take paracetamol or similar for the pain, but that's just pointless.

So a Swedish guy walks into a Japanese dentist...sounds like the makings of a joke.

Thanks for sharing, I guess now you just have to suffer your recovery. Just out of curiosity, where you in any pain before you went to the dentist? I just ask because I get a paranoid notion that dentists on the States are more than willing to pull healthy teeth just to make a few more bucks.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

She's awesomely friendly, I hope she stays around there and doesn't change clinics so I can rely on her if I need any work done in the future. She was more open than other dentists I've had aswell.

And she's really, really, really cute. That helps alot.

Nope, overall I've had very little pain from my teeth. One of my teeth was basically rotten down to the roots wich made her have to really dig around to get them out and I hadn't felt a thing from it.

Overall though they're hesitant to pull teeth, because they know they'll get less money from you overall. Pulling a tooth is cheaper than repairing it unless it's a really small hole and that is one less tooth that they can fix later on.

Have to go to a potluck party. But not sure what to bring. I guess donuts might work!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've also found a platter of a variety of cheeses and crackers can also work in a pinch.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Veggie platter is a good choice too.

Ended up hitting up a Greek bakery near me, got some supposedly traditional Greek butter cookies (sold by the kilo). Main problem is having to lug it on the train to my friend's town.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

-went out 

-bought Watch Dogs 2 & Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Prologue 

-had some lunch

-got hit by a bike on my way back while I was crossing the street, the dude who was driving the bike didn't apologize and sent a hail of bad words 

-wanted to beat him sh*tless

-decided not to do so because his wife was riding on the back, good thing he didn't leave the bike because I was staying right there and would have broken his useless nose had he approached me or something

No injuries but I did report the dude to the police, I was clearly walking on the crosswalk and looked both sides before he decided to take the easy route(the line in the middle, he wanted to get ahead fast) and hit me without pulling the breaks. Luckily he hit me in the chest before hitting my leg. 

Yup, it's Tehran alright. More than often I come to the conclusion that the west actually did a favor to everyone when they decided to  colonize 2/3 of the world...

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I hate to tell you this but if you said that happened in Moscow, Rome, New York, or LA it's just as believable. Well... maybe not LA. It's hard to hit someone when you're stuck in a traffic jam. But the driving skill don't improve as you travel west!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Veggie platter is a good choice too.

veggie platters is ok, as long as you place a nice big piece o' meat in the center o' the platter. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I hate to tell you this but if you said that happened in Moscow, Rome, New York, or LA it's just as believable. Well... maybe not LA. It's hard to hit someone when you're stuck in a traffic jam. But the driving skill don't improve as you travel west!

Well, since my dad used to be a diplomat back in the days I can safely say that it never happened to me in:

-Havana 

-London

-Vienna

-Frankfurt am Main

Don't know, maybe I was...*ehum*...lucky?!

Well, since my dad used to be a diplomat back in the days I can safely say that it never happened to me in:

-Havana 

-London

-Vienna

-Frankfurt am Main

:lol:  If that happened in London the guy would have stopped, helped you up, dusted you off, apologized and bought you lunch. The Brits are just cool like that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

as an aside, whenever Gromnir attends a potluck where we is known to the attendees, we is expected to make macaroni & cheese and/or baked beans.  is kinda disappointing.  as much as we kinda wanna do new stuff for people, am knowing if we do not bring our macaroni & cheese or baked beans, we will need face, at best, mild disappointment and thin veiled rebuke. 

*shrug*

give folks what they want.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am reasonable sure the only reason we is invited to 1/3 o' potlucks is 'cause o' our mac & cheese and/or baked beans.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

-Havana 

-London

-Vienna

-Frankfurt am Main

:lol:  If that happened in London the guy would have stopped, helped you up, dusted you off, apologized and bought you lunch. The Brits are just cool like that.

They tend to obey and respect the rules of driving a whole lot more, never mind their attitude.

This is how people drive in Iran:

NSFW:

*Warhammer minis in front of me*

*Magnifying lamp, paints, Micron pens, ultra-fine brushes at the ready*

*Takes a shot of vodka, rubs face vigourously, sucks in some air through nose, pause, takes another shot of vodka*

"Okay, time to paint diamonds on my Harlequins."

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling