What you did today

Gorth

Start of old Thread

End of old Thread

Sorry to hear that Majestic... :(

Starting to wonder if I shouldn't try this annual leave thing some day. Had 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, which again was my only leave since Christmas the year before that again. Might be nice to actually kick back and relax a bit some day ;)

Oh, and a nice 26 degrees Celcius here today, just at the start of winter (just wanted to rub it in).

• Like 8

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Turning 32 years in 25 minutes.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 6

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Happy Birthday! You're old enough to know how to do things and young enough to still be able to do them all!

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Another day closer to death

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thanks everyone! =)

Happy Birthday! You're old enough to know how to do things and young enough to still be able to do them all!

The best age! Thursday is a holiday, and my boss managed to get me the best present one can give an employee; Vacation on short notice. :D

Going to use it to go consume some booze, beer and burgers with my buddies! :)

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

You know it's starting off to a rip-roaring day when you spend half the morning locked out in the garden in your pj's...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm getting paid to go fishing today. Well... actually I'm getting paid to collect water samples on the Lauderdale River. But If I happen to do some fishing while doing that I'm sure no one will mind.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My coworkers actually manage to make me feel old, not because of physique or anything like that, no. It's their mindset; They just do things and never think the consequences through, they never analyze problems, they don't plan ahead and most of all; They don't know how to say no. Which is being exploited by others at my workplace, and it frustrates me.

When people want things they call for them by name, trying to circumvent me since they know I will have none of it if we don't have time, while they will say yes.

It's fun to tear those people trying to go around me a new one over the radio though.

• Like 1

I also had an annoying thing happen at work. A coworker came over to me and told me that I will be working 6 hours more than usual on Friday. I asked: who told you? The responded that they had heard the higher ups talking. I then kept being told by others like this was a fact. Later, my bosses (all three of them) came and asked me if I could work extra, liked they hadn't decided among them selves already. I told them with a firm declining answer, told them that I will never work extra gain, and left the room. I think they know that they messed up by not telling me.

• Like 2

I also had an annoying thing happen at work. A coworker came over to me and told me that I will be working 6 hours more than usual on Friday. I asked: who told you? The responded that they had heard the higher ups talking. I then kept being told by others like this was a fact. Later, my bosses (all three of them) came and asked me if I could work extra, liked they hadn't decided among them selves already. I told them with a firm declining answer, told them that I will never work extra gain, and left the room. I think they know that they messed up by not telling me.

Well hopefully they don't get payback on you or some nonsense. Work of late is getting weird, seems like we were some hustlers whose game ran out.

Open office concept is GREAT by the way. Have some manager who must think it is alpha to shout into the phone. Also helps that he loses his head over every issue. Damn, people suck. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well hopefully they don't get payback on you or some nonsense. Work of late is getting weird, seems like we were some hustlers whose game ran out.

Open office concept is GREAT by the way. Have some manager who must think it is alpha to shout into the phone. Also helps that he loses his head over every issue. Damn, people suck. :p

Nah, they know how I am. I've been working here for six years and it's not the first time I lose my temper with them. I doubt they want to get rid of me and they usually don't do the payback thing. I told them the first day: You're going to get to hear what's on my mind, good or bad. They know that had they asked me, I would have most likely worked those extra hours. I don't know what they were thinking not telling me this time.

Women, I don't understand them.

• Like 1

I bet it's something funny like them all assuming the other members of the boss group would tell you.

It occurs to me today, as I try to salvage data off my dead laptop, that  the quality of consumer electronics produced in the world today s not all that it could be. I'm sure the good folks at the Lenovo factory in Taiwan did their very best. And I did get four years out of it. But then I read the Mars rover Opportunity is now entering it's 13th year on Mars. For 13 years this thing is a solar powered electric remote controlled vehicle on a planet that only gets 60% of the solar energy of Earth. Sometimes less during dust storms. It has an on-board computer long since surpassed by cheap cell phones that controls two cameras and 12 other instruments as well as a high powered microwave radio. It operates in an environment that has 40% of earth's gravity and 1% of it's atmosphere but still has quintuple the density of suspended solid particles of Earth (.0043 grams per cubic centimeter). To quote Anakin Skywalker, sand gets into everything. And it's been doing all this for 13 years with no maintenance. The only other thing that lasts that long are Ford trucks. My Lenovo laptop has been gently treated and never asked to run anything harder than Skyrim and it still gave out in less than a third of the time. 

Of course I think JPL spent somewhere around $350M building Opportuity. My laptop cost $750. I guess you get what you pay for.

Just something I was thinking about today.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

We finally got the papers for my youngest son officially got diagnosed with severe autism today. While nothing to jump for joy him having it, it is great news because now after a few years of getting dicked around, he is finally eligible for help.

• Like 2

Sucks that he has that, but great that he can get help.

Tyvm! :)

Hardest part is the communication bc he doesn't speak and tried to do sign language but ain't ready for it yet.

Those moments when u realize ur both on the same page are priceless

• Like 2

Having my strongest trait be that I'm "suave" and my weakest trait being "friendliness" has me weeping for the state of online dating.

But I'm getting messages already, so I guess inserting morbid jokes about pushing rich old men down stairs and selling my friends out for cheez-its into all my quiz answers is going over smashing.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Having my strongest trait be that I'm "suave" and my weakest trait being "friendliness" has me weeping for the state of online dating.

But I'm getting messages already, so I guess inserting morbid jokes about pushing rich old men down stairs and selling my friends out for cheez-its into all my quiz answers is going over smashing.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

I havent been single for 1000 years....I couldnt pick up a woman in a whorehouse with a fistful of hundreds. :lol:

• Like 3

That's just due to inflation :p Hookers are expensive these days. I read that in a paper :yes:

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 6

I havent been single for 1000 years....I couldnt pick up a woman in a whorehouse with a fistful of hundreds. :lol:

The trick Mr Gifted1, is not minding that it hurts.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Getting weirder looks more than usual, my dog's limping bad due to a leg injury, so I carry him to the park and around the block. It is funny to see him ogling women passing by and barking at them :lol: Poor guy's coat hasn't grown back either, bah.

Sucks that he has that, but great that he can get help.

Tyvm! :)

Hardest part is the communication bc he doesn't speak and tried to do sign language but ain't ready for it yet.

Those moments when u realize ur both on the same page are priceless

Hang in there red. My youngest son was diagnosed with semilobar holoprosencephaly at age 2. Over the years he has chosen not to speak. He 25 now and he communicates with a talking program on his Ipad when he wants to. We also use the two finger method for yes and no questions. It not easy but keep at it. The more you can interact with him will help in the long run. Hopefully you will be able to get all the help he needs.

Edited by CAIN
  • Like 1