Need help in making decisions - new to game.

1) I'm unsure wich talents to give to Aloth and Durance.

2) Also, is it better to jail Nyrid or kill him ? My instinct was to kill him, but also because I do not have any jail built.

3 ) Also, is it better to complete the Raedric missions and others side quests missions before completing chapter 1 ? I ventured into defiance bay before doin that Raedric quest.

Thanks for the help.

Hi. You should ask these questions in the character build subforum. You will get plenty of answers there. "Stories" is not that much frequented and deals with other kinds of topics.

1) it depends what you want him to be. If he should use implements like wands and so on take Blast, Penetrating Blast, Marksman, Weapon Focus Noble or Adventurer and maybe Penetrating Shot, Dangerous Implement, Apprentice's Sneak Attack, too. Then think about what your favorite spells are and pick one of the elemental booster talents like Scion of Flame and so on. Wizards have nice freeze spells, so you might want to take Secret of Rime. Summon Kalakoth's Minor Blights in fights.

If he should be a melee reach wizard then take Two Handed Style, Arcane Veil, Hardened Veil, Weapon Focus Soldier or Peasant, Savage Attack, Apprentices Sneak Attack and Runner's Wounding Shot. Summon Concelhaut's Staff or Citzal's Spirit Lance or Llengrath's Warding Staff in fights.

2) Doesn't matter at all.

3) If you can do it before entering Act II then fine. There is tons of loot there which will get you a lot of money once you sell it. This helps with building Caed Nua and buy some nice items. But you can totally do it during Act II, too. Just make sure you complete it before you enter Act III or you will most certainly miss a nice little additional quest around Raedric.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2) Also, is it better to jail Nyrid or kill him ? My instinct was to kill him, but also because I do not have any jail built.

Do whatever you feel is right. There are no *bad* choices in Pillars.

3) Just make sure you complete it before you enter Act III or you will most certainly miss a nice little additional quest around Raedric.

It depends on how you solve this quest, though.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

There is no set order to completing quests in Pillars, but your choices will have consequences in the epilogue (especially if you leave major sidequests like Lord of a Barren Land unresolved for too long).

If you have want a quest completion order guide feel free to ask, people have different tastes but you can just pick the general quest order that makes the most sense to you.

Edited by scythesong

3) If you can do it before entering Act II then fine. There is tons of loot there which will get you a lot of money once you sell it. This helps with building Caed Nua and buy some nice items. But you can totally do it during Act II, too. Just make sure you complete it before you enter Act III or you will most certainly miss a nice little additional quest around Raedric.

That last part doesn't sound right. There is no need to finish the Raedric quest before Act III. And you don't miss anything either, if you handle Raedric very late. The F...d V...r will appear nevertheless for one part of the solution related to Raedric.

That last part doesn't sound right.

If you enter Act III, go to the Celestial Sapling and didn't kill Raedric before then there is no "Champion of Berath" quest. Sounds right to me.

Once more: You can start Act III, visit the inn, do a lot of side-quests, then kill Raedric. And when you return to the inn, you will meet the person that informs you about the undead.

However, if during Act III you never visit the inn again, not even after killing Raedric, you won't meet the person to talk to. You may wonder about Raedric's undead attacking Caed Nua, however.

That's why I said "most certainly". I didn't say that he would lose the quest no matter what. But if you are a new player you try to check every place very thoroughly once you get there. After that there's a high chance that you don't notice the quest giver who will pop up even if you visit the sapling more than once - if you only rush in to buy supplies for example.

So a new player might miss the quest completely if he has no meta knowledge. Maybe "most certainly" was a bit exaggerated, but you get my point I guess.

And there's also no reason to wait that long. Raedric's castle is already becoming easy once you hit lvl 5. Doing it in Act III is very boring.

Don't know why we have to dwell on this so much. I think my advice was sound and solid.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

And there's also no reason to wait that long. Raedric's castle is already becoming easy once you hit lvl 5. Doing it in Act III is very boring.

Well, player has been asking lots of questions in Steam's forum, too, is playing at Normal mode only and still being afraid of making decisions, such as whether and when to do side-quests or fights.

I disagree with the "most certainly" part you mention. Multiple quests are started within that inn. I don't think new players won't visit the inn only once while being busy in and around Twin Elms.