Help with optimal frontline late game itemization/build

I would also use Rumbalt and even push INT to the max. High INT is so awesome with Constant Recovery, Disciplined Barrage and crits with Knockdown. Also the prones from Rumbalt will last long. I would also use Bonus Knockdown and Clear Out. Clear Out is supergood with high INT but bad with mediocre or low INT. Keep it for the tough fights and it can really make a difference.

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Agreed, Rumbaldt looks like a better choice overall. Plus the party has access to Painful Interdiction, so it will be easier to 'confirm' the overbearing roll.

Tidefall can be carried in the second weapon set through, and used vs high-dr/high-fort enemies (mainly eyeless and animats).

• Like 3

Perfect, thanks again guys!

little Off topic: I think I will try to enable the PoTD and see if its doable. Its my first playthrough, so not sure if I should play PoTD, but since I am min-maxing I dont want to steam roll through everything without even microing (which is kinda happening right now). I kinda dont like using scrolls/food though, so if its necessary for PoTD, I should prolly play on hard. I am lvl 9, I wanted to start WM1 with scaling enabled, should I wait on higher lvl, enter it without scaling or just go for it? I am 1 main quest off finishing ACT II atm.

• Like 1

If you feel like you're steamrolling PotD is no problem.

Scaling might be too much but a well played full party handles it pretty well and even solo chars can do it. :p

Do you think PoTD is doable without scrolls, potions and food without pulling all my hair out? Not solo, talking about 6 man min-maxed party, of course. I just dont like using the consumables, as for most of the encounters you dont know if its going to be just random easy one or actually a very though one. I mean getting into every encounter without this knowledge, without consumables, just to find out after few minutes that ure fighting a lost battle so u gotta load all the time so u can use the consumables before that fight doesnt sound like fun to me xD

It's doable you have a priest.

Just use stuff like protection from fear vs dragons and vampyres and protection from charm vs the latter.

A solo char who uses consumables still has much less buffs than a party without consumables.

Consumables are not needed for PotD. Food and/or drugs can be very helpful against the dragons and other boss-like enemies, however. And keeping a few potions and scrolls in your quick item slots can be a good idea for other fights, too.

Also wanted to ask, when using The Hours of Rumbaldt, are there any good specific enchantments? I assume it would be better to use the Accurate 3 version rather than exceptional, but what about lash and slaying enchantments? Just go Kith slaying and corrosive, or something else? I guess its also beneficial not to use only 1 type of lash on all party members and rather have a mixture of 2-3 and also while dual wielding not use the same one on each weapon?

Edited by Aerinqq

If you want to use Rumbalt for the whole game I would not put any slaying enchantment on it but aim for the highest quality enchantment possible. Don't remember if it's possible to put legendary + lash on it, but I guess. Lash is a no brainer of course. And once you can have superb I would put it on and replace Accurate III.

Only if you want to keep Accurate III I would think about slaying.

• Like 1

Hi there!

I played more then 90% of my runs with a paladin main, including my 3crown solo, and all the runs I played are done at PoTD level at the very least.

I think that most of the users are not gonna like this, but if u are looking for the best party paladin, this are my 2 cent:

- forgive flames of devotion, it's a waste of ability and talents given the poor accuracy and it's totally asinergic with what a paladin is all about. It's decent for solo runs (couz after some levels you can trade off some tankiness to not make fights run FOREVER, but in party you don't need that).

- pick an order with cruel NOT in disfavored behavior, better bleak walkers. Mainly couz u want the extra feat in skael temple, plus rushing cruel it's pretty easy (kill the caravan) for better ez saves. You can leave act 1 with aggressive 3 / cruel 3. Sweet! Plus all talent feats of paladins are garbage enough that they are hardly worth a talent point, with the only exception of Darcozzi, but if you check my cruel point is NOT worth it. If it's not the main char, go with Darcozzi  for +15 accuracy on an ally(easy call)

-take only lay of hands skipping, I repeat, flame of devotions. Also, do NOT take any paladin talent like improved lay of hands (or how it's called) since they aren't worth the talent point.

- play with your shield, since outworn buckler is the most retarded item ever in a party (see itemization part)

My last paladin atm at level 7

Moon godlike (couz Cmon, in a party you have enough heads to don't give up this retarded op race) 

Bleak Walker

18 Might

9Con

7Dex ( 10 with ced nua rest)

10Per

19Int

15Ris

this is a run with fixed companions, and everybody know they have pretty horrible Dex (wtf durance is the most gimped priest ever, from a min/maxed pow). So my rushed ced nua sleep is +3dex. If u go with your own party, +3might (trash mob) +3 per (bosses) are both better, build stats around that. This is not super min/maxed, but paladins usually don't need to be since they only really need mig/int to work.

At level 7 she looks like this:

Lay of Hands

Zealous Focus (must)

Liberating Exhortation

Reviving Exhortation

Talents

Weap and shield

veteran recovery

Superior Deflection

After having done basically all acts 2 quests. 

Some people don't like pure "tank" characters but god, this saves are retarded.

You got an immortal aura char that can ress others at command and later burn enemies overtime and on top of that you benefict from your behavior so much, giving you the feel that you have even more free talents when you pick a paladin.

Also, a big plus is that this type of paladin is not really item dependant, aside from that retarded aura small shield right there in chapter 1 (if you want to play a paladin in a party without outworn buckler you are just doing something WRONG, not even kidding), as long as you have 1 ring of overseeing, fenwalkers, +9 all saves ring/mantle and +9 def bracer/ring she is super good to go. So, in this case, this leaved all the space to kana to wear the "sweet" stuff with the old  but gold shot in faith, sainguine plate, fulvan's amulet combo for some "hard hitting" (trying to transform a chanter into a melee DPS it's kinda funny, don't try that at home :p)

Back to outworn buckler point. Guys, this is in my top 5 of the most broken items in the game, I think it's unreal that is never been nerfed. I mean, we pay 1 talent to have +10 to a single save, 1 talent to gain at the very best +6 deflection if we wear a shield. This item gives an aura of 3m +5 to ALL def for ALL your party (combined with ring of overseeing and max INT is easy to play around for everyone, not just frontliners). how in the hell is this item balanced? This is THE reason why I run a paladin in a party, literally.

What are you gonna use over this god item? A 2h sword to use flame of devotion? kappa...

At the end, you can hybrid her later with bittercut, +25% corrosive flames of devotion talent (taking, ofc, flames of devotion) and spirit of decay. But it's a useless waste of feats no matter what in a party. And again, you don't really want to dual wield or use a 2h weapon to maximaze flames of devotion DPS, since outworn buckler is just THAT good unless you straightly solo run. Still it's a funny way to roleplay a bit your weap and shield cruel pally, I guess.

Paladin tank, just the best frontliner in the game (especially as a main char) IMO.

Edited by B4nJ0
  • Like 1

What poor accuracy with FoD? Paladins have 25 starting accuracy and FoD has +20 accuracy and also +1 accuracy per char level. If you combine it with Sworn Enemy, Weapon Focus and Zealous Focus you will nearly always crit with FoD.

FoD + burning lash + Intense Flames + Scion of Flame leads to an additional lash damage of +120% (lash damage, not weapon base damage like Deathblows which is a lot weaker. With Merciless Hand and Firebrand or an arquebus he will deal way over 100 damage per FoD use which will most likely end most dangerous foes like priests or other casters.

So I'd say FoD is superhandy - if you don't want to be a turtledin.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

If you want to use Rumbalt for the whole game I would not put any slaying enchantment on it but aim for the highest quality enchantment possible. Don't remember if it's possible to put legendary + lash on it, but I guess. Lash is a no brainer of course. And once you can have superb I would put it on and replace Accurate III.

Only if you want to keep Accurate III I would think about slaying.

What lash specifically would you recommend? Corrosive/burn or it doesnt rly matter?

@Boeroer

Why FoTD is  handly in a party?

1 ability + at least 1 talent to have a burst on a char that has, literally, the best shield in game?

I pick the best aura ingame (avaible at level 1) and I save a bunch of extra talents and 1 ability, no regret on that in a party. 2 burst /combact VS all res +5 all day long for everyone? In a game that is super dependant from afflictions of any kind? FoTD would be appealing but, for me, the problem is that the other option is just that good and, if devs can't balance they're own game, it's not my fail (super greedy min/maxer pow, be free to hate me for that). 

The only thing that make that buckler feel "balanced" is that it's asinergic with FoTD potential (you can't dual or use a 2h) but, well, that's a FoTD problem, not mine XD

The only, ONLY, party that I have found fotd usefull is, actually, solo party :p

When fight goes forever you wish to have more damage, especially when you are high level enough to pick sworn enemies and you gain 2 good sabre to use (plus all the items/talents to be, basically, immortal even in PoTD). In party play, I go for the imbaness shield and I'm glad they never nerfed that (or suspicious about in game balance, pick your pow)

It's more about an ok burst ability, that to work require extra talents, and a single, let me repeat 1 last time, totally umbalaced item right there to use for no cost aside the off hand slot (lol, it's even the best type of shield, small one xD)

Why should I pick the 1st over the latter in a party? I can see myself go for bittercut + shield and some acid FoTD later, but that's only couz my char will be probably so godlike (moon, godlike :p) in this 5man run that I will have a bunch of free talents at high levels.

Edited by B4nJ0

Hi there!

I played more then 90% of my runs with a paladin main, including my 3crown solo, and all the runs I played are done at PoTD level at the very least.

I think that most of the users are not gonna like this, but if u are looking for the best party paladin, this are my 2 cent:

- forgive flames of devotion, it's a waste of ability and talents given the poor accuracy and it's totally asinergic with what a paladin is all about. It's decent for solo runs (couz after some levels you can trade off some tankiness to not make fights run FOREVER, but in party you don't need that).

- pick an order with cruel NOT in disfavored behavior, better bleak walkers. Mainly couz u want the extra feat in skael temple, plus rushing cruel it's pretty easy (kill the caravan) for better ez saves. You can leave act 1 with aggressive 3 / cruel 3. Sweet! Plus all talent feats of paladins are garbage enough that they are hardly worth a talent point, with the only exception of Darcozzi, but if you check my cruel point is NOT worth it. If it's not the main char, go with Darcozzi  for +15 accuracy on an ally(easy call)

-take only lay of hands skipping, I repeat, flame of devotions. Also, do NOT take any paladin talent like improved lay of hands (or how it's called) since they aren't worth the talent point.

- play with your shield, since outworn buckler is the most retarded item ever in a party (see itemization part)

My last paladin atm at level 7

Moon godlike (couz Cmon, in a party you have enough heads to don't give up this retarded op race) 

Bleak Walker

18 Might

9Con

7Dex ( 10 with ced nua rest)

10Per

19Int

15Ris

this is a run with fixed companions, and everybody know they have pretty horrible Dex (wtf durance is the most gimped priest ever, from a min/maxed pow). So my rushed ced nua sleep is +3dex. If u go with your own party, +3might (trash mob) +3 per (bosses) are both better, build stats around that. This is not super min/maxed, but paladins usually don't need to be since they only really need mig/int to work.

At level 7 she looks like this:

Lay of Hands

Zealous Focus (must)

Liberating Exhortation

Reviving Exhortation

Talents

Weap and shield

veteran recovery

Superior Deflection

After having done basically all acts 2 quests. 

Some people don't like pure "tank" characters but god, this saves are retarded.

You got an immortal aura char that can ress others at command and later burn enemies overtime and on top of that you benefict from your behavior so much, giving you the feel that you have even more free talents when you pick a paladin.

Also, a big plus is that this type of paladin is not really item dependant, aside from that retarded aura small shield right there in chapter 1 (if you want to play a paladin in a party without outworn buckler you are just doing something WRONG, not even kidding), as long as you have 1 ring of overseeing, fenwalkers, +9 all saves ring/mantle and +9 def bracer/ring she is super good to go. So, in this case, this leaved all the space to kana to wear the "sweet" stuff with the old  but gold shot in faith, sainguine plate, fulvan's amulet combo for some "hard hitting" (trying to transform a chanter into a melee DPS it's kinda funny, don't try that at home :p)

Back to outworn buckler point. Guys, this is in my top 5 of the most broken items in the game, I think it's unreal that is never been nerfed. I mean, we pay 1 talent to have +10 to a single save, 1 talent to gain at the very best +6 deflection if we wear a shield. This item gives an aura of 3m +5 to ALL def for ALL your party (combined with ring of overseeing and max INT is easy to play around for everyone, not just frontliners). how in the hell is this item balanced? This is THE reason why I run a paladin in a party, literally.

What are you gonna use over this god item? A 2h sword to use flame of devotion? kappa...

At the end, you can hybrid her later with bittercut, +25% corrosive flames of devotion talent (taking, ofc, flames of devotion) and spirit of decay. But it's a useless waste of feats no matter what in a party. And again, you don't really want to dual wield or use a 2h weapon to maximaze flames of devotion DPS, since outworn buckler is just THAT good unless you straightly solo run. Still it's a funny way to roleplay a bit your weap and shield cruel pally, I guess.

Paladin tank, just the best frontliner in the game (especially as a main char) IMO.

The biggest problem with this kind of paladin (or any kind of pure tank) is that the enemies will just ignore him altogether, and since he deals no damage, other than providing some aura and healing he is completely useless. Idk, I just want to deal at least some damage, otherwise I feel like its wasted char.

And ye, the game NPCs have just horrible stats. I wanted to play with them though cos of the story and I found perfect solution to this problem:) https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/490vwk/good_news_everyone_theres_a_way_to_permanently/

Pallies that deal huge burst damage then buff/heal/support the party will end combats much quicker then a pure tank who gets ignored by AI.

But..... I do love me a good tank for a minmax party just for RP reasons. Plus for PotD a Dualwield Bittercut Bleak Walker is pretty nasty. So is a 4 arq/arb Aumaua clipper.

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

You can have both: fire two arquebuses with FoD and help killing stuff and then switch to weapon + Outworn Buckler. The shield IS too good to ignore it - so don't. In fact I like Outworn Buckler's and Little Savior's stackable heraldic aura so much that I often decide for two shield users in order to stack both auraus - for +10 to all defenses. And in certain encounters you also might want to use Aila Braccia as your shield (against Lagufaeth or Thaos for example).

Since White March you don't even need to take Quick Switch to have decent switching speed because there's the Coil of Resourcefulness in Russetwood.

An example how it can be done: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89995-class-build-counselor-ploi-charming-paladin-supporter-tank/

Another variant would be to use a dual wielding setup just for FoD and then switch to the buckler in order to spare a weapon slot, but two arquebuses are better.

In a party your tanky paladin doesn't need all the defensive abilities or talents and still be tanky enough without them. He can do without Superior Deflection or Righteous Soul or whatever. You gain great alpha strike ability by losing a bit of defense. It makes playing the paladin more interesting and also more versatile.

It can be of immense value to kill the enemies' priest or cipher or wizard right at the start of a battle. And if you can do that with an otherwise very defensive party member: even better. In fact it's so useful that I sometimes use an Island Aumaua and add a third arquebus for Runner's Wounding Shot.

It's not mandatory of course and you can skip FoD entirely if you want and still build a nice paladin - but I would never say FoD is useless or not worth the points.

Also, your judgement about the paladins' special talents is not what I experienced. For example Kind Mercy and Sword & Shepherd are so strong that it's totally worthwhile to build a whole character concept around it. And of course Darcozzis' Inspiring Liberation which stacks with everything can be very good in certain fights. Bleak Walkers' talents I consider to be the least powerful ones.

For the question what lash to put on Rumbalt (with a fighter). It depends what your other party members use since fighters have no preferred element I can think of. You might want to have all elements used in your party, so if you already use fire with a paladin and/or priest you might want to take corrosive lash or freezing or shocking. I forgot if you want to use Stormcaller. If you do, then I'd put a shocking lash on Rumbalt. Lashes work especially well against targets whose elemental DR gets reduced.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Chiming in to say that I was anti-FoD until I did a semi optimised burst fire set-up with it and it is indeed worth it.

Silver flash + fire lash + intense flames + exceptional and a divine mark proc got me around 600 damage vs a petrified kraken.

• Like 3

You can have both: fire two arquebuses with FoD and help killing stuff and then switch to weapon + Outworn Buckler. The shield IS too good to ignore it - so don't. In fact I like Outworn Buckler's and Little Savior's stackable heraldic aura so much that I often decide for two shield users in order to stack both auraus - for +10 to all defenses. And in certain encounters you also might want to use Aila Braccia as your shield (against Lagufaeth or Thaos for example).

Since White March you don't even need to take Quick Switch to have decent switching speed because there's the Coil of Resourcefulness in Russetwood.

An example how it can be done: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89995-class-build-counselor-ploi-charming-paladin-supporter-tank/

Another variant would be to use a dual wielding setup just for FoD and then switch to the buckler in order to spare a weapon slot, but two arquebuses are better.

In a party your tanky paladin doesn't need all the defensive abilities or talents and still be tanky enough without them. He can do without Superior Deflection or Righteous Soul or whatever. You gain great alpha strike ability by losing a bit of defense. It makes playing the paladin more interesting and also more versatile.

It can be of immense value to kill the enemies' priest or cipher or wizard right at the start of a battle. And if you can do that with an otherwise very defensive party member: even better. In fact it's so useful that I sometimes use an Island Aumaua and add a third arquebus for Runner's Wounding Shot.

It's not mandatory of course and you can skip FoD entirely if you want and still build a nice paladin - but I would never say FoD is useless or not worth the points.

Also, your judgement about the paladins' special talents is not what I experienced. For example Kind Mercy and Sword & Shepherd are so strong that it's totally worthwhile to build a whole character concept around it. And of course Darcozzis' Inspiring Liberation which stacks with everything can be very good in certain fights. Bleak Walkers' talents I consider to be the least powerful ones.

For the question what lash to put on Rumbalt (with a fighter). It depends what your other party members use since fighters have no preferred element I can think of. You might want to have all elements used in your party, so if you already use fire with a paladin and/or priest you might want to take corrosive lash or freezing or shocking. I forgot if you want to use Stormcaller. If you do, then I'd put a shocking lash on Rumbalt. Lashes work especially well against targets whose elemental DR gets reduced.

Yes, from a min/maxer POW that's the best choice. You can have both without too much trouble.

However, what I like to do the most is to stick to a more tankiness build till mid game and then slowly build myself into a dual wielding machine (when u will finally have access to little savior on your backlaner priest, opening the off hand slot).

Instead, early/mid game, I like to think at the pally as an an utility "auradin" the most. this is what I have on my paladin, to keep you upgraded of my ongoing run.

I finished act 1, rushed WM to upscale, took bittercut (the best "early" weapon that you can rush togheter with persistence) and then cleared all the q2 side quests. Now then I'm high enough lvl I'm slowly optimizing to a much more aggressive approach.

Bleak Walkers moonlike (level 10)

Vig 20 (18 +1effigy:eder +1gift from the machine)

Cos 9

Des 10 ( 7 +3 ced nua rest)

Per 18 (15 +3 Lilith back)

Acu 19

Ris 10 (9 +1 Aedyr background)

Max Survival (colonists). I went Aedyr (+1 Ris) for no particular reason, I guess -1Con/+1Ris while giving up Aedyr for an extra +1 mig or acu background would have been better at the creation but it's pretty minor.

standard Boeroer guideline: (!) must have @rAcommended :p

Abilities

FoTD @

Zealous Focus (!)

Liberating Exhortation @ (or light of hands)

Reviving Exhortation (!)

Coordinates Attacks (or light of hands)

Talents

Remember Rakhan Field @

Spirit of decay (!)

weap and shield

Veteran Recovery

Weap focus Ruffian

Extra talents

Gift from the machine

Second Skin @

Effigy: Eder @

Flick of The Wrist

Dozens Luck

Gear: Bittercut (corrosive, Exeptional)  (!)

Outworld Buckler (exceptional) (!)

Exceptional plate armor

Lilith's Shawl

Gathbin Family Signet (or ring of overseeing)

Bracer of Deflection @  (or ring if you want a different item slot combo)

Ring of Protection  @ (or mantle if you want a different item slot combo)

FenWalkers @

Blunting Belt

As you can see, this build is pretty much based on corrode damage, that has sinergy with bleak walkers themselves for a nice RPG buildaround.

Lilith's Shawl seems a bit sospicious, since there are better options already (WTF when they added such an OP back like cloak of confort?! That thing stack with everything O.o) but I liked to push the "aura" them to the maximum, since I think it's both powefull and suit the paladin from a RPG point of view. Also, I do love the ring of overseeing (or the new 3.0 unique version, for what is worth) on a paladin, and after having added the standard +9def+9all res double slots a +3 per // +1 stealth aura it's really nice to have as the last item of choice.

If you want to be just a greedy main char item stacker, I guess ring of deflection + ring of protection + gauntlets of accuracy + cloak of comfort + a belt of or choice it's even better, but I found the "imba" cloack to be of a better use on another frontliner, since paladin has already beyond godlike def/res at this point (plus you don't want to deviate from the "auradin" point, right? ;) )

Back to talent and abilities, taking something like coordinated atks over Light of Hands already is pushing a bit, but this is the moment where your paladin start to feels unkillable (even in solo, and this is a 5man run), one of your tanks is running with shot-in-faith and sanguine plate combo and your priest is achieving is "god" endgame status, so you can comfortable switch to a secondary DPS/utility approach forgetting the extra heal, till you get little savior and you can finally push the damage even more.

Anyway, when you will be level 7+ your paladin will start to truly shine, being a strong frontliner buffer while delivering a good pounch, pleasuring all of you who like the idea of a sturdish paladin frontliner with damage potential on top of it ;)

Paladin, my only true PoE love ^_^

Edited by B4nJ0
  • Like 1

I can finally make durganized equipment, but I cant decide what armor should I durganize for my dual wielding barbarian. I am currently wearing Blaidh Golan, but wayfarers hide is also rly good and its already superb. What would be the better choice? Or maybe some other armor?

Edited by Aerinqq

Which is better depends what enemies you fight, but if you have to decide between the two, I would pick the Wayfarer's Hide.

Well I dont necessarily have to decide between those two. You think there is some better option? Originally I wanted to pick the Wayfarers hide and then use the unique helmet with -50 to knock down/prone to compensate for it, but then I realized that I cant wear a helmet since my barb is fire godlike:) I am just trying to decide if the -knock down and prone duration + defense when knocked down or prone is better than higher DR + stun/hobble/paralyze protection + the special ability (not even sure how useful is that)

Also what armor do you think is the best generally for casters? (normal back line glass cannon casters, specifically priest, wizard and cipher). I was thinking having the Angios Gambeson on priest (since DAOM on more difficult fights is very useful cos he can spam the buffs) and then on cipher I would use Gwisk Glass once I get access to it, but not sure what to use on my wizard...maybe even use the helwax mold on the Gwisk Glass, since it rly rly good, but I was rather thinking about using it on Shod-In-Faith. Meh, too many choices:)

Not a big fan of Gwisk Glas honestly.  It's main selling point is being superb by default in my mind.  To the extent that I want second chance armors, I want them on the lower priority, durable targets with the res scrolls - as insurance, and because they're less likely to get knocked right back down after getting up from second chance.

Plus, might on your armor enchant is kind of meh, as that's an easy one to pick up on your belt or one of the late game helms.

Raiment of Wael's Eyes is my robe of choice, assuming I don't have higher priority armors to push up to superb (and even then - 2 DR on a backline character is just not that important).

Angio's, RoWE, and GG as your priority backline armors.  For midline or melee DPS there are 3 great hide armors (Wayfarer's, Blaidh, and Maneha's) or scale for a fighter (zero penalty once durganized).

Edited by Ensign
  • Like 1

Since you are Fire Godlike, check out The Colored Coat. Wicked Briars is nasty - nice combo if the barb also has Apprentice's Sneak Attack, too.

Another thing would be Coat of Ill Payment, because retaliation stacks with Battle Forged (and Barbaric Retaliation).

Besides that, I think Blaidh Golan and Wayfarer's Hide are very solid picks for a barbarian. Not only the enchantments are good, but the looks also fit a barb perfectly well.

• Like 1

Since you are Fire Godlike, check out The Colored Coat. Wicked Briars is nasty - nice combo if the barb also has Apprentice's Sneak Attack, too.

Another thing would be Coat of Ill Payment, because retaliation stacks with Battle Forged (and Barbaric Retaliation).

Besides that, I think Blaidh Golan and Wayfarer's Hide are very solid picks for a barbarian. Not only the enchantments are good, but the looks also fit a barb perfectly well.

I was actually thinking about that armor. Does the -10 recovery actually stack with durgan enchant? I assume not though. I dont understand from the wiki description what Wicked Briars actually does, can you elaborate?

I used the MaxQuest speed calculator and with both durganized sabers and armor, gloves of swift action, bloodlust and frenzy, I can be at 0 recovery even with vulnerable attack, but I guess its still beneficial to rather use lighter armor since we cant keep the frenzy and bloodlust up all the time. Another option would be to duplicate the Sanguine plate, that way I would have 3 frenzy per encounter (I assume it stacks?)