Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Netflix to produce live-action The Witcher series

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3035 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Interesting, probably doomed to failure and hamfisted anachronisms implemented extremely poorly, see Shannara, but interesting nevertheless. One thing I really think they need to do is get the casting right, Mr Doug ****le bless him was limited by the faux Clint Eastwood accent he was asked to adopt, and as we all know only Clint can do Clint. Go back to the roots of the Noir protagonist that Geralt was born from in the novels and cast accordingly.

Personally I think an animated series would be far more effective, with good voice actors and screenwriting, one only has to look at the first and second games flashbacks to see what can be achieved.

I really have no idea who could play the almost Falstaff like role of Jaskier, a young Orson Welles with his dimpled cheeks and laughing eyes springs to mind oddly enough.

Edit: Really, the language filter now objects to molluscs!

Edited by Nonek, 21 May 2017 - 08:48 AM.

• Azdeus likes this

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16957 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

"Personally I think an animated series would be far more effective, with good voice actors and screenwriting"

Nah. The Twitcher's  best feature are the H0T chicks. I'd feel a lot more comfortable perving over  real H0TTIES not cartoons. :p

• Nonek likes this

Nonek

Nonek

• Members
  • 3035 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Heavy Metal springs to mind:

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

see Shannara

Heh, that show was a train wreck, imo. It was so bad on so many levels, I have no idea how I've been able to stick with it till the end... Wait, probably because every female cast was hot or something. I don't really remember anything else.

Edited by Lexx, 21 May 2017 - 09:12 AM.

• Nonek likes this

Nonek

Nonek

• Members
  • 3035 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

see Shannara

I don't really remember anything else.

Probably for the best.

Edit: Forget the probably.

• Azdeus likes this

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2293 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I quite liked Shannara, though I have no attachment to the books at all. Not a great fit it being on MTV though, especially since they insisted on very pretty people over those who can actually act- Manu B and John RD excepted, and Manu Bennet was basically playing Crixus/ Deathstroke, again- I'd be tempted to say that being turned into a tree made the worst offender's acting less wooden. Still, for a minute budget its special effects were pretty good in general, and it was a far less overt LotR rip off than expected.

As for actors for TWitcher, who knows. Really depends on budget and where it will be shot as much as anything. It's all very good wanting __ for Geralt, but if they're shooting on a tiny budget then you're going to get Noname McUnknownson instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users