Let's hear from everyone about their favorite combinations.  Card + card, or card + power, or card + toon.  What is particularly powerful or fun? 

I'll start this with....

Eagle and Amiri - The eagle with Lini is easily the best animial companion for her.   But, have you ever considered that Amiri can take a peak before jumping into a location?   It is great to avoid those awkward intelligence based barriors, and a few other things.  And when you peak a henceman or villian before you are ready to fight it, go somewhere else.

Let's hear some more.

• Like 2

Along with the Eagle combo, I'm also a fan of Merisiel and Ilsoari Gandethus.

Sure, the Eagle is a better Ally, but as an AD1 card, the odds are really good that you'll come across Ilsoari early-on.  Once the card is drawn, it basically gives Merisiel a free peek at her location deck every turn.  Optionally shuffling revealed monsters back into the deck is also a nice feature.

I also consider it "fun" combo, because should you fail the roll and summon the Sandpoint Devil, you simply evade and nope! your way out of the encounter.

Sadly, it's a lot of button-pushing in the app to utilize ol' Ilsoari every turn.  It is a much smoother tabletop combo after you convince your friends that you probably don't need to roll for the Sandpoint Devil encounter every. single. time.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2

The eagle with Lini is easily the best animial companion for her.

I've seen this stated a couple times, and I don't understand it. Unless Lini is solo, the Eagle is better off in just about anyone else's hand than hers.

There's no question the Eagle is a great ally. But not for Lini. Lini has two benefits with animal allies: a) she can reveal them for Animal Trick, and b) she can recharge them instead of discarding them. The Eagle's power neutralizes both of these: you place it on top of your deck to use. Most critically, this means unless you have a second animal in your hand, you're limited to using the Eagle's power at the end of your turn, right before you reset your hand, lest you find yourself needing to make a roll and are without an animal ally to help. Much better to give the Eagle to another character, and let Lini make use of the various discard abilities of a different animal as necessary.

• Like 3

The eagle with Lini is easily the best animial companion for her.

I've seen this stated a couple times, and I don't understand it. Unless Lini is solo, the Eagle is better off in just about anyone else's hand than hers.

There's no question the Eagle is a great ally. But not for Lini. Lini has two benefits with animal allies: a) she can reveal them for Animal Trick, and b) she can recharge them instead of discarding them. The Eagle's power neutralizes both of these: you place it on top of your deck to use. Most critically, this means unless you have a second animal in your hand, you're limited to using the Eagle's power at the end of your turn, right before you reset your hand, lest you find yourself needing to make a roll and are without an animal ally to help. Much better to give the Eagle to another character, and let Lini make use of the various discard abilities of a different animal as necessary.

I think the o.p. meant Amiri, not Lini. 

I also like the Merisiel / Ilsoari Gandethus combo. I have been using it since June or July 2016. I can't remember if I found it out in this game or the table top version, but I use it in both now.

Edited by PastorJK
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing around with Velociraptor.  It's a nice 2d6 bonus to attack, but you have to explore with it to make it work.  I've found it to work well with Harsk and Eagle abilities.

Here is an update the Velociraptor strategy.    If you are lucky enough to catch multiple raptors for Lini's kit, then you can peek with any other toon, then let Lini move and attack with here excess raptor.   My wild Lini has 4 raptors, and she is a lot of fun to play this way.

Edited by DrDior
  • Like 1

I've mentioned this one before in another thread.

Spell ward shield + Superior ring of protection.   This combo gives you 5 points of protection against any type of blockable damage.

• 3 months later...

Ranzak.... What use is that spell slot when you always banish your spell?  Actually, you don't.

In RoR, your reward for AD5 is spell loot summon monster.  It is never banished.  Rather, it is discarded.    Make the best of an awkward situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...