Politics 2017 Act 6

C_9HVAwV0AAvM6-.jpg

still doesn't say what he shared

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

All kidding aside the US shares intel with other nations all the time. Even ones we have adversarial relationships with like Russia. But generally is it done via channels to each State's intelligence services. It's not usually, or ever to my recollection, done in a meeting between the heads of state or their representatives. And it's certainly not done with a reporter in the room. So while the "what" was shared might not be a real issue, or even the "who" is was shared with, the "how" certainly demonstrates Trump does not have particularly good judgement.

What a shock.

Pretty much, why the hang up on the "what".

Mattis should be President :lol:

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Mattis should be President :lol:

I believe he's 6th in the line of succession

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That low? Hm. Well not like the 5 ahead of him are any big loss... :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

John McCain would not have put out that statement unless he verified that there was a there there to the story.

Really? And tou know this based on your intimate relation with the guy? He is an antitrumper and will jump on any straw that he can get to attack a guy who was actually able to win election.

McCain is also a smart politician. He's not going to stick his neck out against his party leader unless he has verified the information. You know, many reasonable people will check their sources before they speak out against something that may bite them in the arse.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

John McCain would not have put out that statement unless he verified that there was a there there to the story.

Really? And tou know this based on your intimate relation with the guy? He is an antitrumper and will jump on any straw that he can get to attack a guy who was actually able to win election.

McCain is also a smart politician. He's not going to stick his neck out against his party leader unless he has verified the information. You know, many reasonable people will check their sources before they speak out against something that may bite them in the arse.

Like Clinton?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

{statement}

still doesn't say what he shared

which makes it look worse, not better, for trump.  nobody is sharing the details, which at least suggests the information were o' a sensitive nature. is no reason to keep such info hidden unless doing so could compromise intelligence assets.  the longer we do not hear details o' what he shared, the worse it looks for trump. also, trump now making it clear that he can, at his discretion, release classified information makes the situation look bad for trump.  initial wh narrative were how no info were released.  now trump is making clear to the American people he has authority to release classified at his discretion.  is all making worse, not better.

the mccain statement is also a prepared release and not some kinda one-off blunder or tweet mistake.  is not mccain scrambling to come up with an excuse for a mistake. talk without thinking and tweet rants is the kinda thing trump is famous for, and possibly the cause o' him blundering with his ejaculation o' sensitive intelligence info to the russians as he bragged 'bout how well he were informed.

gd mentions how intelligence is shared all the time, and he is likely correct.  am suspecting surreptitious sharings, some o' which may be real and some intentional false, will be shared with non allies to advance USA goals.  such sharings, done by a President whose campaign is being investigated for collusion with the russians is bad optics.  such sharings contemporaneous with the President having fired the previous fbi director in part 'cause o' the aforementioned investigation is looking very bad.  pass along code-word intelligence to the russians with a russian journalist in the room would seem ill-advised. etc.

longer we don't know details, the worse it looks for trump. no details makes much more likely that the info released were sensitive.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Always entertaining when the Trump folks attack McCain, who was running for President for the Republican party while Trump was still a Democrat.  :no:

well I thought Trump folks were anti establishment, they were not necessary republicans?

Always entertaining when the Trump folks attack McCain, who was running for President for the Republican party while Trump was still a Democrat.  :no:

well I thought Trump folks were anti establishment, they were not necessary republicans?

our shock came when trump claimed mccain were no war hero 'cause he were captured.  sure, mccain were already a decorated pilot before being shot down, but after capture and subjected to torture, he refused his own release until other american servicemen in the camp were given freedom.  trump's followers tend to be fringe, but most see themselves as patriotic.  

http://www.newsweek.com/sorry-trump-story-john-mccain-war-hero-355617

from typical trump supporters, we woulda' expected more backlash 'gainst trump for attacking mccain's war record.

still baffles us how little impact the mccain smear and the p*$$* grab comments had 'pon trump diehards.  

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Eh, Trump supporters seem happy to ignore stuff like that. Of course, you get that with any overzealous supporters of a candidate. There were plenty that drank the Obama kool-aid as well.

WoD actually came pretty close to pulling away from Trump after the whole Billy Bush recording. I'll give him that. 

• Like 1

Who the hell ever supported McCain on this forum? :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

which makes it look worse, not better, for trump.  nobody is sharing the details, which at least suggests the information were o' a sensitive nature. is no reason to keep such info hidden unless doing so could compromise intelligence assets.

Because no way in hell there could be information that can and should be share between two countries fighting a common war in the same area, but at the same time sharing it with general population would cause harm. No way, never ever.

HA! Good Fun!

you pretty much have identified what is a reason for keeping intelligence classified.

duh.

a day ago the criticism o' trump were that he shared classified info with the russians.  wh categorical denied such sharing.  

today we get a new narrative.  now the President shared classified intelligence with russian diplomats, and a russian journalist, but were all for a good cause?  

*chuckle*

the folks defending is almost as comical as is the wh narrative.

HA! Good Fun!

a day ago the criticism o' trump were that he shared classified info with the russians.  wh categorical denied such sharing.

Again, that's a blatant lie.

The narrative was from the Fake News newspaper that Trump LEAKED a CLASSIFIED information he SHOULDN'T.

The libtards claiming that US president shouldn't have contact with Russia are comical.

The libtards claiming that intel shouldn't be shared with allies in a war are comical.

The libtards claiming that AMBASSADOR is not a person who you inform when you want to pass intel to an ally are comical.

But I guess that everything will fly as long as the outrage at the president doing what he should do would cover the fact that DNC killed a man because he leaked info on them to Wikileaks.

HA! Good Fun!

These are all false statements 

HA! Good Misleading

• Like 3

Hahahaha, called it:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/trump-russia-leak-israel-source-classified-information-say-officials-a7739496.html

No wonder the neocons are so upset about it, they are Israel's best friend after all.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm a fan of McCain. If he hadn't chosen Palin, who turned out to be more of a reality TV star than a politician, for VP I likely would have voted for him. Of course, those were the days when I liked both presidential candidates.  Memories!

• Like 1

I'm a fan of McCain. If he hadn't chosen Palin, who turned out to be more of a reality TV star than a politician, for VP I likely would have voted for him. Of course, those were the days when I liked both presidential candidates.  Memories!

Color me surprised.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

If Donald Trump were just an ordinary government official undergoing security clearance, do you think he would receive it at this point? I have to think the answer would be "Hell no!".

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I too was a McCain supporter, even though he kind of sold his soul to run for President. I still have much respect for him (and for Obama).

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

"Under current US law, the president has the power to declassify information as he or she sees fit."

Again, what are libtards crying about?

I like how everyone who isn't a Trump zealot is a libtard in your universe. :p

• Like 1

"Under current US law, the president has the power to declassify information as he or she sees fit."

Again, what are libtards crying about?

I like how everyone who isn't a Trump zealot is a libtard in your universe. :p

And any- and everything that isn't Breitbart is fake news. ;)

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

McCain is now well known for being all talk. Also he was always a womanizing, unprincipled idiot who only got anywhere because of his Dad.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: