Politics 2017 Act 6

I am sorry but what did he shared with Russia? Sounds like some info about terrorists? That doesn't sound bad at all?

Hard to say as it is classified in such extend that USA doesn't share it with their so called allies.

As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/864436162567471104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fyle.fi%2Fuutiset%2F3-9615503

...to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/864438529472049152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fyle.fi%2Fuutiset%2F3-9615503

So what is that big fuss, he told Russia who/were the badies are in Syria and its wrong why? Its seems like big win for USA as they don't have to get their hands dirty while russians just don't give a f*ck and will just murderkill them

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

So what is that big fuss, he told Russia who/were the badies are in Syria and its wrong why? Its seems like big win for USA as they don't have to get their hands dirty while russians just don't give a f*ck and will just murderkill them

I would guess that it is because of these parts and that people don't know what was actually shared as it is highly classified.

"The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said that Trump’s decision to do so risks cooperation from an ally"

"“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”"

Also it may play in that Russia is ally with Syrians (Syrian government) that USA and even Trump generally counts to be bad guys, so there is always question what intel you can give to state that fights against your agenda in the region that intel is about.

But mainly I would suspect that fuss is about timing of and events themselves leading to this. In other words fuss is because of sum of things not because of singular thing.

Also it may play in that Russia is ally with Syrians (Syrian government) that USA and even Trump generally counts to be bad guys, so there is always question what intel you can give to state that fights against your agenda in the region that intel is about.

its just charade for public at this point, everyone knows that Assad is going to stay as there is no other reasonable option. He is only secular option and everyone knows it and no-one can afford another fundamentalist government in that area. US will not say it publicly but support to rebels is going to end, only Kurds might still be supported depending on talks with Erdogan.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

So it turns out Seth Rich, the DNC staffer who was murdered during the election madness last year, had been passing info to Wikileaks: http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/254852337-story

Trump compromising intelligence to the Russians, the Democrats having their own people murdered (granted neither is 100% provable but if you can believe one why not the other). Hoon Ding was right. Lock them all up.

Don't blame me. I voted for Johnson.

Interesting power the DNC has as opposed to the US government. Wikileaks sources usually get everyone wanting them dead (Manning for example, and hey they sort of got close).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So it turns out Seth Rich, the DNC staffer who was murdered during the election madness last year, had been passing info to Wikileaks: http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/254852337-story

Trump compromising intelligence to the Russians, the Democrats having their own people murdered (granted neither is 100% provable but if you can believe one why not the other). Hoon Ding was right. Lock them all up.

Don't blame me. I voted for Johnson.

Interesting power the DNC has as opposed to the US government. Wikileaks sources usually get everyone wanting them dead (Manning for example, and hey they sort of got close).

yeah, where is Assagne now is also still unsolved mystery

And so the denial backtracking begins...

C_8iuWzVoAIt9Vc.jpg

Not that I want to protect him but.. what is he denial in that tweets?

Last night, Administration officials such as McMaster tried to refute the WP story -- or in McMaster's case, throw a red herring, about Trump sharing highly classified intel with the Russians.

Trump just admitted he shared intel with the Russians, while announcing to the world that he had the right to do so, btw.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Last night, Administration officials such as McMaster tried to refute the WP story -- or in McMaster's case, throw a red herring, about Trump sharing highly classified intel with the Russians.

Trump just admitted he shared intel with the Russians, while announcing to the world that he had the right to do so, btw.

so HE does not denied anything if I reading it correctly

Yeah, there's no backtracking there, and it only mentions facts, not intel. Dunno, maybe some would like another Russian airliner blown up like the one in Sinai instead? 

It's very hard to see what he could have said to actually compromise anything anyway. The laptop plot was announced publicly, ISIS controls one city in Syria and a bit of one other city, and an asset inside ISIS is unlikely by its nature to have any use once ISIS is done. It's not like, say, the emir of willayet Deir Ez Zor is going to be in a position to give more info once there isn't a willayet Deir Ez Zor any more. And that's if they weren't the source extracted a month or so ago. He can't have compromised ongoing military operations because the laptop stuff is purely terrorism rather than military.

Edited by Zoraptor

WaPo: Trump revealed intel to Russians

WH staff: The WaPo story is false. Trump never revealed sources and methods. (WaPo never said he did)

Trump: I told the Russians, and I have every right to do so.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

WaPo: Trump revealed intel to Russians

WH staff: The WaPo story is false. Trump never revealed sources and methods. (WaPo never said he did)

Trump: I told the Russians, and I have every right to do so.

still don't see issue, as you stated he didn't compromised methods or source, just revealed their finding and I actually think he have that right?

seems like beating a dead horse. And from purely humanitarian PoV it seems like he tried to save lives even if these might be russian lives and he made friendly gesture towards Russia without loosing any valuable asset or lessen his own possition of power. Haters gonna hate I suppose

Good grief.

Trump committed a major breach of Intelligence and operational security by sharing the highest level of classified intel to a foreign adversary -- the same adversary his team is under investigation for colluding with -- from an ally source that did not want the information to be shared --least of all the Russians or Syrians, which has now been compromised.

Additionally, other US allies have gone on the record stating that they will now be more hesitant in sharing Intel with the US because the President can't seem to get out of his own way to keep his braggadocio in check and keep his mouth shut when he's being played by Russian Spymasters.

• Like 1

Good grief.

Trump committed a major breach of Intelligence and operational security by sharing the highest level of classified intel to a foreign adversary -- the same adversary his team is under investigation for colluding with -- from an ally source that did not want the information to be shared --least of all the Russians or Syrians, which has now been compromised.

Additionally, other US allies have gone on the record stating that they will now be more hesitant in sharing Intel with the US because the President can't seem to get out of his own way to keep his braggadocio in check and keep his mouth shut when he's being played by Russian Spymasters.

Good grief, that information was important for saving human life, he told them about terrorists willing to shoot down their airplanes. Its not like he gave them codes to nukes. That source was probably someone from rebe faction who is probably same or worse as Assad anyway. ffs

you are using big words with little meaning

Well, if Trump did compromise US intelligence and jeopardize US intelligence assets illegally then that is up to the FBI to investigate. We'll just have the director of the FBI inve..... umm... uh-oh.

I wonder is Pence is working on his inauguration speech yet?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ahhh the objectivity of the Washington Post (the paper who broke the Russia intelligence story). http://www.theamericanmirror.com/washpost-reporters-cheer-trump-russia-leak-story-just-like-obama-09-visit/

What an age we find ourselves in. We can't trust the political leaders. We cant trust government institutions. We can't trust law enforcement. And we surely cannot trust the media that is supposed to keep all of that in line. I'm feeling the need to stockpile more ammunition, preserved food, and other essentials.

Of course the news source I linked isn't exactly unbiased so you can't trust them either.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The Washington Post story indicates that the intelligence was code-worded. That's Top Secret level.

Russia and the USA are not allies. 

I'm saying Trump needs to have impulse control and not reveal things to the Russians that should not have been revealed.

All kidding aside the US shares intel with other nations all the time. Even ones we have adversarial relationships with like Russia. But generally is it done via channels to each State's intelligence services. It's not usually, or ever to my recollection, done in a meeting between the heads of state or their representatives. And it's certainly not done with a reporter in the room. So while the "what" was shared might not be a real issue, or even the "who" is was shared with, the "how" certainly demonstrates Trump does not have particularly good judgement.

What a shock.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.b1e7bb6fb436

"President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said that Trump’s decision to do so risks cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and National Security Agency.

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”"

Trump seems to go by old saying "keep friends away and enemies closer" 

Who is this source being jeopardized? Israel? Saudi? 

Sounds more to me that either one of those two states are mad that Trump isn't showing Russia the middle finger. Poor them, the greatest allies of USA.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, if Trump did compromise US intelligence and jeopardize US intelligence assets illegally then that is up to the FBI to investigate. We'll just have the director of the FBI inve..... umm... uh-oh.

I wonder is Pence is working on his inauguration speech yet?

:lol:

But Leferd is also correct to raise this as a concern, this needs to be properly understood as we need to be clear what information unintentionally Trump  shared with our " good " friends the Russians 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

John McCain would not have put out that statement unless he verified that there was a there there to the story.

The Washington Post story indicates that the intelligence was code-worded. That's Top Secret level.

Russia and the USA are not allies. 

I'm saying Trump needs to have impulse control and not reveal things to the Russians that should not have been revealed.

if it would be code worded it would be kinda useless for them no?

John McCain? Aaaah, neocons are at it again i see. The source is definately Israel or Saudi now.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy