Politics 2017 Act 6

Media coverage wasn't all about that. Also walking and chewing gum applies I imagine.

But I suppose you have to bark about something.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

American media is biased as hell, it's hardly worth mentioning. NYT attacks Trump, but can't get its own story straight: http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/31/new-york-times-parrots-democratic-spin-death-threats-scuffle-texas-legislature/

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

etymology is helpful, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSPmsk7P-VI

is hilarious you would use in this context.  sharp being sharp. 

btw, Gromnir is the one who described this nonsense as banal. but in addition to similar vacuous coverage o' first lady slapping away trump's hand, last week the media also printed curious trump comments 'bout nato.  covered praise for duarte. media did stories regarding gary cohn comments 'bout coal, comments which were conflicting with trump. covered presidential mischaracterization o' nafta. you missed trump confirming israel as source o' the intel he leaked to the russians. media also outed trump's private cell phone use.  

insofar as the president's aphasia, the wh inexplicable keeps perpetuating what would otherwise be a non issue with follow-up tweets and idiotic presser responses. in the hill video, one can actual hear folks laughing at spicer's response.

*shrug*

only way to see the present nonsense as does sharp is with alternate facts and alternate reality.

HA! Good Fun!

ps mom jokes?  really?

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well it's all you do with your hard man act all the time. Such is life online.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

ps mom jokes?  really?

Well it's hard to top the intellectual and sublimated barking remarks.

BTW you seriously had to post the video like no one got the reference?

your use o' the reference were so odd in the present context.  even so, we do sympathize with your inability to find appropriate or meaningful counters.  in the future you might wanna abandon the pretense and humiliation and just go with mom jokes from the outset. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

i love you all, strange, twisted souls dwelling in this corner of the internetz xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

That was passive aggressive ? Hm, HR training lied!

Edited by Malcador

Well it was a direct reference so nothing odd about this. Sure for you anything straight would be odd I guess.

I think it's only natural you sympathize with any inability I guess.

HA! Good Fun!

am increasing amused by your inability to grasp why your use o' the anderson cooper bit to defend trumpisms is curious.  even so, we do indeed have a soft spot for weak and pitiful.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Well it's all you do with your hard man act all the time. Such is life online.

Well it's way better than being a passive aggressive beta male. And you cannot act this you need to be one, son. Should I call you son after you know...?

Did... did you just call someone a beta male unironically? Just wow.

In other news, I accidentally the whole covfefe. What should I do?

DBIQOrwV0AEcCOq.jpg

• Like 5

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That covfefe meme is just another reminder that if Trump claimed the world was laughing at America before, they're laughing much harder now. :lol:

Considering the state of the rest of the world I would say: Right back at ya.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

give self too much credit. your arguments ain't yet reached even university introductory level.  after all, by doing the exact thing which inspired anderson cooper's initial quip, and then calling attention to your mistake by referencing the cooper comment, all you managed to do is highlight your error.  with his colorful bit o' imagery, cooper called out those who mindless defend even the most indefensible trump nonsense. you, in an attempt to defend trump, effective frame yourself as jeffrey lord?  congrats?

*shrug*

we needs release the whip.  what sense is there in continuing to beat on the equine o' turin, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

It's really funny how you seem to take this as if i you actually mattered.

HA! Good Fun!

P.S.: you can combine mom jokes and intellectual jokes easily through Freud. Perhaps you don't know his theories, but you may actually have done experience with the essence of it.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

in all fairness "simple" somehow feels really appropriate here for some reason

It's really funny that in your attempt to lick Gromnirs balls by diminishing my argument you just make him look more stupid for not understanding it.

HA! Good Fun!

I can assure you, the adjective "simple" wasn't meant to characterize your argument  :lol:

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."