Politics 2017 Act 6

Quite lot Trump supporters seem to be quite generous and are willing to take even 700% increase in their premiums in order to give mainly Clinton voters cuts in their premiums.

Maybe they look further than the end of their noses?
What?
You don't know idioms either? Who the hell hires you as a teacher? Flat earth society?

Yap yap yap, dog.

Clearly he is just asking you to explain your point further. You must be an engineer with such inept communication skills.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Quite lot Trump supporters seem to be quite generous and are willing to take even 700% increase in their premiums in order to give mainly Clinton voters cuts in their premiums.

Maybe they look further than the end of their noses?
What?
You don't know idioms either? Who the hell hires you as a teacher? Flat earth society?

Yap yap yap, dog.

Clearly he is just asking you to explain your point further. You must be an engineer with such inept communication skills.

I'd go with a one-trick pony over a dog, since he relies so heavily on the teacher digs. I mean, who can blame him? Clearly my identity as a teacher is tied heavily to my interactions on a video game forum, and every time he mentions it, it shakes my confidence to its very core.  ;(

I guess we can all just ignore Sharp's idea that Trump supporters are all willing to sacrifice personal health care for a vague notion of "the greater good".

What is it with men these days? You can hear the cry in his voice and talk about legal action. He clearly has no concept of honor, like a woman.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No, pretty sure my ancestors spent '44 in Trinidad. One good thing that came out of that war was the US base they built and a highway to boot, that highway is still intact even with my countrymen's half assed attitude towards maintenance

:lol:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill%E2%80%93Roosevelt_Highway

Or maybe we can leave the insults at the door if we want this thread to stay open.

Your mother wears combat boots.

You all smell of elderberries

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

So is it still mandatory to have insurance still?

No new laws have been passed as yet, so technically yes. Although they seem to be planning on not enforcing any penalties. Even now, the penalty can be only taken out of a tax refund, so best to underpay for anyone in that situation.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Not enforcing, or getting rid of, the penalties is definitely a positive. Still I'd rather they find a way to make sure people can get covered affordably.

If there isn't a stick, then nobody will do it. People could willingly purchase heath insurance prior to UHC, they just didn't.

I'm not sure that health care is something our society should be using the stick method for. I'd prefer more carrot.

Hurl... you don't know idioms, don't you remember?
  • Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I'm not sure that health care is something our society should be using the stick method for. I'd prefer more carrot.

And I'd prefer to be immortal with the body of a god. :shrugz:

The carrot method (not dying from lack of insurance) did not work. That's why were at the point we are now.

• Like 2

Thing is, the mandate is what allows the Exchanges etc to work. You can't operate an insurance syndicate where the only people who get your product is the ones who will use it the most. Only the "high risk" people would pay into the system and bankrupt it faster than lightning. It's why companies had things like pre-existing conditions built into their systems prior to the ACA.

You remove the mandate and every insurance company that takes part will fall apart faster than Trump's administration. The biggest problem was that the bill artifically killed competition because of the "lines around the states" (as Donald put it), meaning that your options were significantly smaller.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Isnt that exactly what existed prior to ACA?

Before Obamacare, that is correct. If u needed insurance or u wanted to be prepared, u got urself some insurance. Made certain jobs important and pushed people to get better jobs bc they would have good insurance at a cheaper rate. Didn't want to spend the money, then don't. But then we got that era where every kid had to medicated bc of ADHD/add/etc when before parents just beat ur ass until u straitened up.

https://youtu.be/aBkSIFMTMoE

That pushed more people into getting insurance for drugs and therapy. Also funny bc those same ****s are college kids now...mmmmmmmmmmm.

Forcing everyone into meant more people using it. Before if u felt bad or injured yourself, u had to pick between sucking it up or going to prime care. Now since its forced, people since they have to pay are using it more. They no longer mainly "tough it out", since they HAVE to pay. More people using it weither they want to or not.

Then u have a major problem of how hospitals gouge prices. That's another topic though.

But then we got that era where every kid had to medicated bc of ADHD/add/etc when before parents just beat ur ass until u straitened up

Yes, the old fashioned way was just perfect. Getting my literal ass kicked when the teacher said I had trouble paying attention in school totally did something to fix that problem. It didn't leave me a crippled, suicidal adult that needs several types of medication and major therapy just to survive, let alone function. Not at all. :ermm: