Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mass Effect Franchise Put on Ice, BioWare New IP Delayed, Montreal Studio Downsized

Good Riddance

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

most memorable Avellone character will always be Annah

she had big b00bs

Sometimes I look back on games and suddenly realize how drag those character look, and cringe to think the young me actually thought they were sexy. Annah being one of those lol

kensu

kensu

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 85 posts

I always saw Sion as an expy for the Nameless One. Aren't they even missing the same eye? (in some of the artwork the Nameless One is missing an eye. In-game it's the one you can pop out and replace)

Edited by kensu, 21 May 2017 - 05:02 PM.

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2321 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Pretty sure TNO is not missing an eye per se, since you start with a default eye equipped. But yeah, you are certainly able to replace it (and get the original modified by Ignus or Mebbeth as well, iirc).

The main link between Ignus and Sion is that they share a particular theme/ philosophy which allows them to survive circumstances which ought to have left them both dead. I've swiped a couple of quotes from the relevant fan wikis to illustrate: "This incarnation was a brutal teacher who believed that suffering is a necessity for learning, and subjected the young Ignus to many torments in order to teach him to master fire" and "Rather than die, though, Sion found that by calling on his pain, anger, and hatred, he could rise from certain death and achieve immortality, at the cost of all-consuming agony". Of course, we don't know who if anyone taught Sion that (though if you're a female Exile Sion seems to have a bit of a crush on you...), but it's very close to Ignus being able to survive his linkage to the plane of fire due to TNO's teachings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users