Why do this game not allow me edit attributes the way I want?

This game has some utterly moronic logic that if you're physically strong and have good motor skills then you must be dumb and if you're wise and intelligent then you must be weaker than a newborn kitten. But on the other hand, all stats are practically required to have a full experience, otherwise you'll always miss tons of stuff and cannot play to game the way you want. And no attribute points given when leveling up, which would solve issue.

And even worse, it looks like console commands don't work after the latest update, so you can't get around these restrictions even this way. Trying to install trainers or editors result only in having your computer full of malware. And since I paid for the game, it should my business what kind of attributes I can have for my characters. It shouldn't be dictated by any restrictions and editing them shouldn't require any trainers or hacks.

At least I know not buy any more games from developers who dot allow the players to play the way they want to play.

At least I know not buy any more games from developers who dot allow the players to play the way they want to play.

Damn right!

I bought this Chess 4 PC the other day and I can't move my pieces the way I want!

[ragequit]

• Like 4

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

"I don't feel you and disagree with you, so ill despise what you say and ridicule you" why cant people just be nice.

About the OP, i understand your frustration, but no need to be aggresive, its physically impossible to have options for every way people may want to play a game, that said, console works fine and the specific think you want to do its possible, if you want edit your attributes and get achievements and other mods you can IEmod, i think the achievements works with an old version.

Some of the nicest people of all internets gathered in this forum. But as the question, so the answer - and it's not necessarily what you say, but how.

And since I paid for the game, it should my business what kind of attributes I can have for my characters.

:shrugz:

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Not aggression, mocking. Perhaps that's cruel of me but given that part of the OP's complaint was incorrect (the console not working) and the rest applies to basically all modern CRPGs (you have to make compromises over your attributes) I wasn't feeling as charitable as I might. Oh and I'm always suspicious of posts like this when they're the first post a user makes.

• Like 1

If you're going to get mad at games that don't let you set the attribute values you want with no restrictions, the RPG genre will be a source of constant frustration for you.

Actually, yet again Baldur's Gate comes to the rescue as the best RPG series ever, as you can roll attribute points as often as you like at character creation until you get 95+ points to allocate and then you get ridiculous artifact items to increase your stats to godly levels. Also dual-class until you can freeze time and hack enemies to bits before they have a a chance to react. It's a shame Charisma is basically worthless throughout BG2 though.

I would say PoE is significantly more balanced, sometimes to the detriment of fun, but oh well; fun is subjective.

Edited by Undesirable

Off topic, but Charisma does have value in BG2. It's the reason why there's a lot of people playing the game who have rarely/never seen opposing NPCs come to blows all these years. It's by far the cheapest stat though because of the Ring of Human Influence, assuming you wear the ring 24/7.

In any case BG2 can get away with putting a lot less emphasis on stats because it's set in a very high magic world - for example, mages in BG2 can stop time and healing someone to full is as simple as pointing a Rod of Resurrection at them. Compared to the Forgotten Realms, PoE's Eora might as well still be in the Stone Age.

Still, the point of all the mocking is the principle of the thing. If this were BG2 OP would probably be complaining that it sucks that mages lack access to most weapons, thieving abilities, the rogue XP progression, etc because, in his own words, he wants to "have a full experience". He obviously wants everything.

You can argue that in BG2 an FMT could likely give him some semblance of what he wants, the same way that in PoE you can actually use respecs+crafty stat distribution+ ability boosts to give your character some semblance of being a jack-of-all-trades stat-wise, but obviously this is not a help/knowledge thread.

On topic, it's really hot in these parts atm. Stupid climate change, I blame the devs.

Edited by scythesong

Actually, yet again Baldur's Gate comes to the rescue as the best RPG series ever,

PoE is superior to BG in various ways.

The best RPG still is Gothic 2.

This game has some utterly moronic logic that if you're physically strong and have good motor skills then you must be dumb and if you're wise and intelligent then you must be weaker than a newborn kitten

Not true.

This game has some utterly moronic logic that if you're physically strong and have good motor skills then you must be dumb and if you're wise and intelligent then you must be weaker than a newborn kitten. But on the other hand, all stats are practically required to have a full experience, otherwise you'll always miss tons of stuff and cannot play to game the way you want. And no attribute points given when leveling up, which would solve issue.

And even worse, it looks like console commands don't work after the latest update, so you can't get around these restrictions even this way. Trying to install trainers or editors result only in having your computer full of malware. And since I paid for the game, it should my business what kind of attributes I can have for my characters. It shouldn't be dictated by any restrictions and editing them shouldn't require any trainers or hacks.

You can be physically strong and intelligent. High might and intelligence is practically a requirement for non-CC focused casters. Then you can add dex if you want to focus on speed or perception if you want to focus on accuracy.

I would not want to be able to increase attributes at level up. Then the devs would have to make encounters (and maybe CYOAs and conversations) harder to compensate and that would make the game more linear bc ppl would generally want to play the hardest parts last, either becuase they need to or to make the game more fun. I prefer non-linear games. Use the IE Mod or Eternity Keeper if you want to edit attributes.

Edited by oaktownbrown