Feats and abilities match up best with equipment types and your choices of enchanting said equipment. You have options.

Early levels I like to go for a lighter armours. Eder's scale mail is nice. I use my fist in the early/mid game. Later levels you will find excellent enchanted weapons that just outshine your fists.

A solid build is Scion of Flame, Turning Wheel, Swift Strikes, Two Weapon Fighting, Lightning Strikes, Savage Attack, Weapon Focus Knight (for swords and axes dual wield... lots of great axes in the later game. Great early sword in the Beginning of the stronghold)..... and go from there. Or WF Ruffian for Sabres. They are the popular choice due to some uniques that great in the late game.

Cool, but I'd like to stay unarmed or with a quarterstaff at best. I'm looking to be as monk-ish as I can.. :) 

So.. you are saying to me that the best dialogue stat would be Per? I thought even Res had a major role...

As soon as I get this answer I'll start the game... I can't change stats with respec, can I?

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Llawran's Stick is a solid Staff choice with a Speed Enchantment.

You can change stats at respec for your MC, but not for the companions. Per, Int and Res are all good for conversation. Don't try to build for all conversation paths, it's futile. Stick with what you have. There are up to +4 items for each stat plus other ways to increase your stats here and there so I wouldn't fret over it too much.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

So this means I mustn't rebuild from the start? Enough to respec? 

Would it be useful to take the weapon focus peasant? 

As for the "talk" stats... I shall stick with Per then I think, it's the best for the monk, if I understood correctly...

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

As for the "talk" stats... I shall stick with Per then I think, it's the best for the monk, if I understood correctly...

You can always boost up perception with equipment, consumables, and rest bonuses if you want for a specific situation, I've done that a number of times. As blades of vanatar said, it's futile to try to cover all of them.

I think the stats you posted earlier are good, if you find yourself squishier than you prefer, then by all means, adjust them. The character concept that I posted a link to does rely more on speed (dex) than power (might), but that's just the style and part of the character concept.

And yeah, if you're going to do purely unarmed, then weapon focus peasant. Since this is an RP build, I'd say just go with whatever fits the character you're going for.

Edited by smjjames

The character concept that I posted a link to does rely more on speed (dex) than power (might), 

I like a bit of high Con and Mig just to "remember" I'm a dwarf ;) 

As for the talk options, I like both Perception AND Resolve, and would like to be balanced between the two. That's because I imagine a monk having also good reflexes, and to me, resolve also means this. I reckon that dialog options will require maybe 15/16 of those stats, so I think I can eventually use objects to reach good values, right?

Yes, take WF Peasant for Unarmed/Quaterstaff ACC bonus.

I wouldn't respec. There are so many items, consumables, talent and rest bonuses to be had in the game that a solid and balanced stat spread like you have chosen will work just fine.

The thing to keep in mind is that your character can branch off into a gazillion different directions depending on your preferred playstyle. This game certainly doesn't lack for options. It's what I love most about it.

Now... stop asking so many questions and go kick some Raedric Arse!

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

This makes me think you sided with Kolsc and kicked Raedric's arse! ;)

Thanks!

Oh sorry.. last question.. when you say the stats are solid.. you refer to those with the 12 res or the others with 15 con?

Ok then, that's the one I'm playing with atm.. solid damage, high health, good playability.