CAN WE PLEASE GET A MEANINGFUL FIG UPDATE!

Speaking on a perfectly selfish level, I know the developers have got better things to do but a good update can really bring some fun into a dull weekday.

Which is why I sympathize with OP and this thread. Look at that last update, "cool info about deadfire" = a screenshot of Maia wearing padded armour. A little underwhelming. I think someone was asked to write that email at the last minute and didn't have any better ideas:P

• Like 3

Speaking on a perfectly selfish level, I know the developers have got better things to do but a good update can really bring some fun into a dull weekday.

Which is why I sympathize with OP and this thread. Look at that last update, "cool info about deadfire" = a screenshot of Maia wearing padded armour. A little underwhelming. I think someone was asked to write that email at the last minute and didn't have any better ideas:P

That's my thought as well. The last 3 (maybe 4 updates?) have been very underwheming. I am pretty burnt out on all the number talk and backer talk. Would love an actual update, if people don't want updates they don't have to look, they can let them be for the rest of the fans ;)
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Question is whether that is the in-game model, or the one they use to generate the normal map for the lower poly in-game model? Right now that looks good enough to serve as the character portrait.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Question is whether that is the in-game model, or the one they use to generate the normal map for the lower poly in-game model? Right now that looks good enough to serve as the character portrait.

This is the game model!

Well... iunnoboutchu, but Maia is meaninful to me.

Me too ;A;

• Like 10

Game models loom phenomenal this time around. Thing is that the camera probably will never be that close except for character creation. I imagine inventory screen will havr the camera too far still.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

They even look better than Mass Effect Andromeda aaaaahahahahahahahaaaaa...ha...he... pfew...

Mass Effect looks better than Mass Effect Andromeda.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

They even look better than Mass Effect Andromeda aaaaahahahahahahahaaaaa...ha...he... pfew...

But will the lip-syncing be better? ;)

yZO527f.jpg

Also these hifi models make me happy.

She looks good. My only gripe she's quite "yellowish" and the over exaggerated bloom is not up to my tastes

Yeah well, my gripe is your avatar is quite "defaultish." :devil:

yZO527f.jpg

Also these hifi models make me happy.

She looks good. My only gripe she's quite "yellowish" and the over exaggerated bloom is not up to my tastes

Your tastes include Aumauas but exclude yellow skin? :p

• Like 3

In addition to what I wrote earlier I wanna see an update focused on scabbards or as a part of an update; most overlooked feature so far that will subtly make most characters look a lot better, immersive, realistic etc (as opposed to always unsheathed weapons of PoE1, think about it :D).

• Like 2

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

attachicon.gif Sem título.jpg

The yellow/purple skin pattern comes from the Rua family it seems. I like how Kana's and Maia's skin pattern resemble one another. Nice touch.

It's not just their family, but the whole island aumaua sub-race: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Island_aumaua

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm so hype for the combat log filters.  

Edit:  Does anyone know of any mods that do the same thing for P1?

Editx2:  THAT Recovery Time tooltip!  Between that and the pimped out combat log...  what more is there to life really?  

Edited by Stepout
  • Like 2