Darksiders III Gameplay Reveal

I thought it deserved it's own thread as there are fans of the game series here and I didn't want it to derail the other thread too much.

My thought:

Meh... watching the video, it just doesn't seem like it has that "Darksiders" feel to it. The weapon doesn't have that oomph, the perspective is closer to the character giving it a more modern feel (I was hoping for a further camera angle). The character looks awesome, so does the enemies.

What do you guys think?

• Like 3

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The gameplay... Does actually look decent enough. Not polished to the levels of the previous two games, obviously - but I'm more interested now than I've been after seeing the first DS III video.

• Like 1

Yep, it's that kind of hair that looks like it's always underwater lol

Day 1 for me definitely though, I trust that the weapon vfx will be much better soon. That's a sexy outfit, I ain't gonna lie. I can't wait to see Vulgrim - I wonder how much his appearance will change.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I love the boobplate. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be a variety of moves for that whip.

I'm more concerned about variety of magic, which equals 0 in this video.

I don't like how they shown us how to beat story important boss. I'd rather end the video right before battle starts and use that extra time to show spells. I heard she's a mage.

I like she's not wearing chainmail bikini.

Vancian =/= per rest.

Guys, this is a pre-alpha. None of this will look the same or even be in a final game...

I don't know about none of this will being in the final game, but it will certainly have a lot of changes and refinements before full release.  Still, it's the only thing we have to go off for the time being.

Looks decent.  I'm not a huge fan of that whip, but it's alright, I guess. 

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I hope they don't change the look of the character, at first I thought she looked generic but her design has really grown on me quite a bit. The more I look at this game, the more I like it.

I'm fairly excited. I liked both previous games in the series. I'm not worried about a lackluster move set. This is in the early stages, and I rather prefer not to see too many of her attacks.

• Like 1

That probably true, I imagine that alot of the moves will be unlocked later in the game too.