I hope the ship battle and crew management in PoE 2 can be enlightened from the spaceship game 'Faster than Light', it is a roguelike game with a lot spaceship combats and resource management.

If the Deadfire ship combat can be something similar, it would be much more interesting and of higher playability. I'm never a fan of text based battle honestly. The spaceship fights there is also very clear and simple, but still fun to play.

• Like 1

Josh mentioned FTL as inspiration for ship battle in one of his latest interviews.

Ah that's nice to hear about, so we might see more improvement then? Good to know that Josh plays FTL too!

Many of key differences seem to be very conscious decisions - keeping it in PnP feel, making you s Captain giving orders rather than manually control the ship. I am not sure implementing FTL like game with full complexity would work that well, as ship2ship,combat is meant to complement main game rather than distract from it. Either way, hoping for some improvements with the next update in couple weeks time.

• Like 1

Josh mentioned FTL as inspiration for ship battle in one of his latest interviews.

Ah that's nice to hear about, so we might see more improvement then? Good to know that Josh plays FTL too!

We may see changes/improvements to the ship combat, but in the interview Boeroer mentioned, Josh mentioned that FTL was one of their inspirations, but it is clear from the context that they took what they thought were basic principles from FTL, not the presentation/form, and made their own system that incorporated those principles.

Edited by Night Stalker
  • Like 1

There are clearly some mechanical similaries to FTL though, mostly the crew to "slot" in various places, switching them in and out of slots when there's an emergency  (wounded crewmember, a fire somewhere on the ship, ... ) and gaing experience in that slot.

Edited by Daled

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Several, as it seems :)

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/961743044016930817

Also, one good look at Aloth’s model:

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/961748810174152704

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Aloth's model is rather long-faced, isn't it? A bit weird, but it looks alright. Better than the David Hemmigs-browed model for the first Pillars anyways. :grin:

He kind of looks like Agent Smith.... or better yet, Elrond.

Edited by Blades of Vanatar
  • Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Aloth's model is rather long-faced, isn't it? A bit weird, but it looks alright. Better than the David Hemmigs-browed model for the first Pillars anyways. :grin:

It looks weird because it has weird facial proportions - mouth is too far away from the nose. And it doesn't quite match the portrait either.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

He does! Ha!

Hugo Weaving should do his voice.

• Like 1

nowt

So like Sand? :p

Actually he reminds me of the orcs from the WarCraft film, mostly for what Aramintai mentioned.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

But does he even lift?

But does he even lift?

He did GOMAD and now he makes Eder look like a skinnyfat.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands