Not from Josh, but I thought you'd wanna check it out :

https://www.pcgamer.com/watch-pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfires-ship-combat-in-action/

Seems like every major video games Press Company is releasing something about Deadfire today.

[Probably somekind of a Press Embargo has just been lifted]

EDIT : One More - https://www.mmorpg.com/previews/pillars-of-eternity-2-hands-on-preview-it-may-be-obsidians-best-rpg-yet-1000012453

Edited by DexGames

Yo this is a tactical game y'all! Barrels need to explode when they're shot at!

If you break them open, they can create a surface of spilled gunpowder or whatever and then ignite them in a larger area or something.

This was all legit in DOS2 (and even more); hope Deadfire's engine can handle stuff like that.

• Like 1

Yo this is a tactical game y'all! Barrels need to explode when they're shot at!

If you break them open, they can create a surface of spilled gunpowder or whatever and then ignite them in a larger area or something.

This was all legit in DOS2 (and even more); hope Deadfire's engine can handle stuff like that.

There is no oil, gunpowder interaction though. For example if you cast slicken followed with fire spell it won’t ignite. HOWEVER, what if it’s oil barrel (do they have those or only gunpowder?) we spawn slicken instead of explosion when shot?

Seems we gonna left stuck with just boom barrels :p

Ok I can live with that (although including them makes it an insta-compare with DOS2 - which Deadfire's gonna lose :p ). They might end up being the game's new "thing" hehehe. They sound fun the least :p

Edited by Sedrefilos

I remember the first time I played the beta and tried to shoot a barrel to make it explode. I was surprised when it didn't blow.

Instead it sucked? ;)

Thought I was getting a leaf blower and instead I got a vacuum cleaner.

deadfire_death_blows.png?dl=1

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods