I can't stand that. All that dirty cloth in the water. It's perfectly fine if Obsidian doesn't want nudity in the game, but then why create a location where people should be naked? Just don't put a bathhouse in a game if you don't want nudity. I shall pretend it's a post 1970s swimming pool.

Hey, if they can hump through spacesuits in Mass Effect I guess they can bath in underwear in PoE. The video about Neketaka was posted in summer, while nude post is from November. Maybe they didn’t have nude models at that time? I doubt someone sculpted NPC’s ass just for fun.

• Like 1

I wonder if the mention of a bathhouse was just a joke.

Luminous Bathhouse is a location in Neketaka.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5HAqsnDeOIc

3:07

I can't stand that. All that dirty cloth in the water. It's perfectly fine if Obsidian doesn't want nudity in the game, but then why create a location where people should be naked? Just don't put a bathhouse in a game if you don't want nudity. I shall pretend it's a post 1970s swimming pool.

Did you just send this same rant to Josh on Tumblr?  Not quite sure what your objection is-- is the problem that everybody in the bathhouse isn't nude?

I doubt someone sculpted NPC’s ass just for fun.

Really??  Seems reasonably likely to me.

I'm just hoping for a nude beach.

be careful what you wish for

arguable the world's most populous nude beach with more than a hundred thousand participants during the peak season: nsfw 

all that naked flesh baking on the sand.  enjoy.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hey, if they can hump through spacesuits in Mass Effect I guess they can bath in underwear in PoE. The video about Neketaka was posted in summer, while nude post is from November. Maybe they didn’t have nude models at that time? I doubt someone sculpted NPC’s ass just for fun.

Doesn't full frontal nudity bear the risk of being rated Adults Only in the US which means not being shelved by major physical retailers and an auto-ban on Twitch?

Did you just send this same rant to Josh on Tumblr?  Not quite sure what your objection is-- is the problem that everybody in the bathhouse isn't nude?

Of all the absurd things I have asked Sawyer over the years he responds to the one that I asked when I was temporarily deranged more than usual. It wasn't even a question really.

Generally people are meant to clean their bodies before they enter the water. They probably wouldn't like to swim in other people's dirt either. In a Sento you are supposed to keep even your small towel out of the pool. The first time I went to a Sauna with my friend, we must have been maybe 8 or 9, an older guy ranted at us for keeping our swimwear on.

These characters are not wearing essentially their underwear in the bathhouse because it's sensible and I dare say not for a narrative reason, they are wearing clothes because the American media has complicated views about naked bodies. It just breaks my immersion so I might just avoid going there.

• Like 1

Ah, a good old bonfire bonanza barbie by the beach. XXXX-beverages, sand-itchy plastic thongs, charred meat, and hairy, bone-white outlines of shed Borat-mankinis on sunburnt bodies with lobster-red faces, highlighted by zink pasta warpaint. I can't contain myself. Where do I sign up?

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Ah, a good old bonfire bonanza barbie by the beach. XXXX-beverages, sand-itchy plastic thongs, charred meat, and hairy, bone-white outlines of shed Borat-mankinis on sunburnt bodies with lobster-red faces, highlighted by zink pasta warpaint. I can't contain myself. Where do I sign up?

Indeed. Bring on the booty!

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Now I think that you're doing this on purpose.  This is just too easy.

march 2016 for the david byrne reference.  can't help but take as a compliment to see Enoch ascribe to Gromnir such perverse obliqueness.

HA! Good Fun!

ps to forestall any heroic forensics, this post carries no hidden meanings.  we were tempted to throw in a complete random siddhartha quote, but decided to choose a path o' restraint.

It's no fun if I don't get the joke; someone care to explain?

Also, because I'm a nice guy, here is some contribution to the actual topic of this thread:

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/170317224881/deadfire-intellect-and-area-of-effect

Also, josh apparently doesn't know what exponential means.

Edited by Doppelschwert

I think Zahua would be way over on the Macdonalds! side, especially if he's coming down off of something. Unless he thinks not having Macdonalds is punishment, in which case not having coffee would be a greater torture. But then does coffee count as a stimulant? Zahua's home was taken from him so would returning home be the worst option?

One thing is for certain: I need a cup of coffee.

• Like 1

I think this is the general talents back in. They may have actually dont more than we were asking for though. :)

That was my thought as well. Looks promising :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I like it! I don't care who doesn't! Screw you boring balance and "I don't want non-viable-builds-attitude"! :p

I really hope they scribble some more individual icons though. ;)

Now I really want to try a monk/fighter and pick Monastic Unarmed Training - just to see if the universe collapses or something. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 13

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I really hope they scribble some more individual icons though. ;)

+1.

Though I would expect many icons in the beta to be the temporary, especially for these abilities that have just been recently designed.

• Like 3

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus