Have you entertained the thought they might have put random numbers and letters there to watch us hock our brains on their (totally absent) meaning? :p

Recall that Obsidian has done this trick before

That wasn't random, people figured out that puzzle. It spelled Deadfire.

Yep, someone didn't finish their homework. Enoch, I'm looking at You.

Sorry, that came out poorly.  I was trying to refer to that little letters-hidden-in-images puzzle as evidence that this wasn't some random prank.

And, really, leading one's most dedicated fans on a wild goose chase would be a... rather curious decision, from a marketing point of view. 

• Like 1

And, really, leading one's most dedicated fans on a wild goose chase would be a... rather curious decision, from a marketing point of view. 

Dunno.

I think that such a puzzle was quite cool... once ('deadfire'). But if there's more than it irks me.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

given where obsidian is in the development cycle, and recognizing josh's unexpected appreciation o' the sophomoric kinds o' humor, am not gonna be surprised to find one or two curious deadfire uses o' double-entendre involving "pirate booty." a room full o' game developers suffering unremitting sleep deprivation, hopped up on their stimulant o' choice, has been known to make curious individual and consensus decisions.  could be a few pirate booties.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

given where obsidian is in the development cycle, and recognizing josh's unexpected appreciation o' the sophomoric kinds o' humor, am not gonna be surprised to find one or two curious deadfire uses o' double-entendre involving "pirate booty." a room full o' game developers suffering unremitting sleep deprivation, hopped up on their stimulant o' choice, has been known to make curious individual and consensus decisions.  could be a few pirate booties.

HA! Good Fun!

This one is from several months ago. 

No confirmation yet as to whether he's a pirate or not.

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 3

HA! Good Fun!

No confirmation yet, as to whether he's a pirate or not.

Mighty pirate. Mighty booty. Might his name be Guybrush?

• Like 2

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

HA! Good Fun!

No confirmation yet as to whether he's a pirate or not.

am not certain if is more a critique o' Gromnir or obsidian that we has achieved such mundane predictability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Now I think that you're doing this on purpose.  This is just too easy.

march 2016 for the david byrne reference.  can't help but take as a compliment to see Enoch ascribe to Gromnir such perverse obliqueness.

HA! Good Fun!

ps to forestall any heroic forensics, this post carries no hidden meanings.  we were tempted to throw in a complete random siddhartha quote, but decided to choose a path o' restraint.

• Like 1

I wonder if the mention of a bathhouse was just a joke.

Luminous Bathhouse is a location in Neketaka.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5HAqsnDeOIc

3:07

I can't stand that. All that dirty cloth in the water. It's perfectly fine if Obsidian doesn't want nudity in the game, but then why create a location where people should be naked? Just don't put a bathhouse in a game if you don't want nudity. I shall pretend it's a post 1970s swimming pool.