Calling it now:  Tekehu's stance has nothing to do with sexuality.  It has everything to do with him being the walking parody of everybody who complained that Pillars 1 didn't sufficiently acknowledge how super-special their Godlike character was. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 4

The sassy stance is honestly quite a bit over-exaggerated, especially for a resting posture. That can't be good for the hips or low back, and woman's throw their hips out not of a personality disposition but for physio-mechanical reasons. So it's double odd.

I've thought this since I first saw the animation, but haven't said anything because I thought it might be viewed as hereto-normative nit-pickings. Not that I censor myself, just I want to pick my nitpicks carefully. Since I'd rather dig in on mechanical issues. But If I had more sway I'd have that pose polished up.

I'm sure Sawyer said in some video (QA?) the sassy animation had to be tuned down because it was too sassy. I don't know of those clips are from before or after.

Calling it now:  Tekehu's stance has nothing to do with sexuality.  It has everything to do with him being the walking parody of everybody who complained that Pillars 1 didn't sufficiently acknowledge how super-special their Godlike character was.

Well, there were Godlikes standing around at every other corner. They didn't seem particularly special.

It seems there will be a rare special ship encounter with swinger pirate crew.

I really miss those special encounters fallout 2 had, or things like in BG like golden pantaloons / The Vampire's Revenge...

Source?

My wicked imagination mate!

Edited by Nail
  • Like 1

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

The sassy stance is honestly quite a bit over-exaggerated, especially for a resting posture. That can't be good for the hips or low back, and woman's throw their hips out not of a personality disposition but for physio-mechanical reasons. So it's double odd.

I've thought this since I first saw the animation, but haven't said anything because I thought it might be viewed as hereto-normative nit-pickings. Not that I censor myself, just I want to pick my nitpicks carefully. Since I'd rather dig in on mechanical issues. But If I had more sway I'd have that pose polished up.

I'm sure Sawyer said in some video (QA?) the sassy animation had to be tuned down because it was too sassy. I don't know of those clips are from before or after.

Well, there were Godlikes standing around at every other corner. They didn't seem particularly special.

Aww....

There's no such thing as 'too sassy' i say!

It seems there will be a rare special ship encounter with swinger pirate crew.

I really miss those special encounters fallout 2 had, or things like in BG like golden pantaloons / The Vampire's Revenge...

Source?

My wicked imagination mate!

Oh lol, I thought you were referring to something actual.

My PoE is bigger:

bigger.png?dl=1

#PoE-measuring-contest ;)

That's an average of approximately 4.5 hours every day since release... that's like a part time job.

4,5 hours a day?  :blink:

How is this... I don't even...

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Well I shut down my computer over night, but when I'm going to the grocery store or sth. like that then I don't. So that's def. not 100% pure game time.

I played PoE quite a lot though. Took parental leave twice since PoE came out... ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I thought cold and necromancy were associated because freezing and death are both types of entropy...?

I don't think so. The main instance I can thing of in which Liches were connected to necromancy and cold is Warcraft 3, and that was because their creator just so happened to be stuck in a frozen throne in the coldest part of the world.

White Walkers

I thought cold and necromancy were associated because freezing and death are both types of entropy...?

I don't think so. The main instance I can thing of in which Liches were connected to necromancy and cold is Warcraft 3, and that was because their creator just so happened to be stuck in a frozen throne in the coldest part of the world.

White Walkers

Eh, White Walkers are closer to Wights than Liches, in my opinion. (Yes, i do realize GoT uses the term Wights to refer to the zombies, i know, i know)

Though, come to think of it, i'm not entirely sure White Walkers are even undead, buuuut i'm not going to lie, i'm not super into Game of Thrones.

Edited by Juodas Varnas

I mean surely Necromancers should have fire spells, not ice, it's called Deadfire after all.

What about Ninagauth's Shadowflame? The unique blue fireball spell in White March that deals freeze damage and paralyzes targets.

Gosh, that was a cool spell (heck, Ninagauth's spells in general are reaally cool, like his Death Ray and Killing Bolt, though Concelhaut's Crushing Doom is still the best thing ever).

White Walkers
Eh, White Walkers are closer to Wights than Liches, in my opinion. (Yes, i do realize GoT uses the term Wights to refer to the zombies, i know, i know)

Though, come to think of it, i'm not entirely sure White Walkers are even undead, buuuut i'm not going to lie, i'm not super into Game of Thrones.

Not saying they are undead. Or liches.

Just pointing out the cold/frost/necromancy connections that are pre existing.

Having a full-time job and the duties of not only a parent but also a husband, I barely have time to game. If I tried to calculate total bearings, it would probably be something like 5 minutes a day, if that.

The usual is me playing one day and then going 2 weeks to a month without playing at all. It varies but we have pets here as well so that means I put away my pc every time it's not in use... because accident, whether with kids or pets, just for assurance.

Not saying they are undead. Or liches.

Just pointing out the cold/frost/necromancy connections that are pre existing.

Indeed they are.

As would be suggested by the game, yes.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well, Sawyer is the director. It would be strange if he didn't like what he directed and what he is largely responsible for. Nevermind his reputation and position depend on the game's success. If he didn't think it were good, he wouldn't publicly admit it. Imagine the headlines "Deadfire director has no confidence in his own game." Not the kind of publicity desired for any product ever but especially not in your release year.

It's like a coach telling ultras he'll win the next match or a party leader telling the party she'll win the next election. It's not exactly objective.

Well, Sawyer is the director. It would be strange if he didn't like what he directed and what he is largely responsible for.

Not that it's Josh's case specifically, but I have known of several artists/directors/authors who openly proclaimed their work a mess while in production, only to have it turn out the exact opposite when released. See the Hearts of Darkness documentary on the making of Apocalypse Now as a notorious example, though the likes of Herzog, Kurosawa and Tarkovsky have all been similarly tortured in a few of their film productions. It's come to the point where I take it as a good sign actually. But it's nice to see confidence from Josh's behalf on Deadfire all the same. :grin:

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden