Anyone willing to place bets on how much will be voiced?

I don't know. I mean both Edér and Aloth were voiced by Matthew Mercer. Isn't he even more expensive now that he rose to fame as McCree and speaks at all those conventions? Is there enough money for all that? But if it is full V.O. I'm guessing this will either be part of a big release date announcement trailer or a separate PR story after the release date announcement ramping up to launch.

I absolutely loved DOS2 for a complete voice acting.

I'm not a fan of recasting, but I do wonder how much more voicing would be possible if he were swapped out for someone more affordable.

If Matthew Mercer isn’t back to voice Aloth and Edér, I’ll probably just mute the game and crank up some metalcore while I play.

• Like 7

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I am pretty sure Mercer is back. He recorded voice for e3 demo.

I am not sure how much those gaming voiceactors can barter. Sure he did Overwatch, but does it make him a star? Will putting "one of the companions voiced by McCree" bring an Overwatch in? If that's the case, hiring him should be borth extra expenses. It is more likely he can negotiate better pay as he did well in PoE1. Dunno. As far as we know he is in. He did trailer, he did demo, would be weird for him to not do actual game.

I am pretty sure Mercer is back. He recorded voice for e3 demo.

He also added chipped in some hype during the crowdfunding campaign.  When Deadfire hit the "double the voiceover budget" stretch goal, the update included this:

As a special treat, Matthew Mercer, the talent behind the voices of Edér and Aloth, had some kind words to share on learning we hit this goal:

"As a gamer who has held a deep love of the Isometric RPG genre (Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment are still some of my favorite games of all time), the opportunity to work on such an incredible new entry into the genre was an absolute joy. The love and care put into the dialogue and storytelling in Pillars of Eternity was a gift to us performers, and I've grown extremely attached to both Edér and Aloth as a result. The chance to return to portray and continue to explore these two fellows has me ecstatic!"

• Like 7

haha! Getting immersed in Divinity 2. ha!

My money is that they are going full VO. Making a deal out of it if its anything less would be silly because... well D:OS2. As long as Deadfire will have writing worth being read/heard I am all for it.

Probably not directly related, but why not remember...

can't lie. seeing the great things @larianstudios / @LarAtLarian have done with #divinityoriginalsin2 lights a fire under us @Obsidian

DKbim-7UQAA7G3n.jpg

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/911665142881857536

Also looking at the gifs from the companion/relationship update on Fig which was posted on Valetines Day of course.

original.gif

It's Pallegina, Aloth, Edér and Tekēhu. Do you think they were selected for the best puns or are these the lovers?

• Like 2

Best puns, unless you can come up with a similarly good one for Xoti :p;)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I wonder if we'll get an Update before PaxSouth, & if it will be streamed.

I hope so, they might reveal something.

More of the game like Ship related stuff or simply confirm a release date.

Or an eventual delay... Seems like there's a lot of stuff to be done on Deadfire, considering the amount of feedback on many subjects in the beta.

Edited by DexGames

• Like 1

Sure, why not. I said it - so here we go. :)

Just let's clarify that I said:

[...] Edér being interested in an homosexual relationship [...]

That may get interpreted differently.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I've seen people say Tekēhu must be gay because he uses the sassy attitude animation. Counterpoint is what is masculine to us isn't necessarily what is masculine among Huana or indeed in Deadfire. Also Jack Sparrow.

Some place their bets on Serafen because as pirate he's the typical candidate for the amoral or immoral bisexual rogue archetype. Rogue as in antihero or villain, not class.

• Like 1

It seems there will be a rare special ship encounter with swinger pirate crew.

I really miss those special encounters fallout 2 had, or things like in BG like golden pantaloons / The Vampire's Revenge...

• Like 1

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

I've seen people say Tekēhu must be gay because he uses the sassy attitude animation. Counterpoint is what is masculine to us isn't necessarily what is masculine among Huana or indeed in Deadfire. Also Jack Sparrow.

Some place their bets on Serafen because as pirate he's the typical candidate for the amoral or immoral bisexual rogue archetype. Rogue as in antihero or villain, not class.

Sassy like a comedian?, and yeah, I was thinking of Jack Sparrow too. It's supposed to be reflective of his personality though, not sexual preferences.

It seems there will be a rare special ship encounter with swinger pirate crew.

I really miss those special encounters fallout 2 had, or things like in BG like golden pantaloons / The Vampire's Revenge...

Source?

The sassy stance is honestly quite a bit over-exaggerated, especially for a resting posture. That can't be good for the hips or low back, and woman's throw their hips out not of a personality disposition but for physio-mechanical reasons. So it's double odd.

I've thought this since I first saw the animation, but haven't said anything because I thought it might be viewed as hereto-normative nit-pickings. Not that I censor myself, just I want to pick my nitpicks carefully. Since I'd rather dig in on mechanical issues. But If I had more sway I'd have that pose polished up.