So we can walk the walk. But, without a Speech skill, how can we talk the talk?! :)

(Oh... with all the other factors that are checked and aren't as restrictive as "Speech." Okay)

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

PCGamer interview with Roby Atadero

We‘ve recently met with Obsidian mastermind programmer Roby Atadero following the release of the backer beta of the Pillars of Eternity sequel called Deadfire.

PCGamer: Tell us about the walking toggle, please. Was it difficult to implement this feature?

Roby Atadero: Not at all, i did it during one of my coffee breaks.

PCGamer: Would you say that it has been worth implementing it?

Roby Atadero: Definately! 99,9% of our testers are using it and absolutely love it!

PCGamer: What are the future plans in this regard?

Roby Atadero: We are planning to include a starting movement delay as in the IE games to make it look even less robotic and more natural and we will also look into making walking speed the default and adjusting all movement speed accordingly.

PCGamer: What effect did the implementation of the walking toggle have on your team and yourself?

Roby Atadero: We are all using walking in real life more consciously, our testers now opt to walk and not run when they go to work. Some of our developpers are questioning their participation in weekend joggings.

PCGamer: Thank you very much for your time, Mr. Atadero! Have a safe walk!

Roby Atadero: I will, thank you!

It's probably taken people more effort to type these posts opposing the walk toggle than it took for Obsidian to implement it.

It's not as if they had to create walking animations.

• Like 4

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

It's probably taken people more effort to type these posts opposing the walk toggle than it took for Obsidian to implement it.

It's not as if they had to create walking animations.

and I still stand by all I have written. Still, even though I normally wouldn't care for a walking animation (I am playing through free copy of Watchdogs Ubi gave away - wow this game has a nice walking animation... and I have never used it again after first 15 minutes of gameplay), I am really happy to see it in for people who fought so passionatly for it. We all gained in our own ways.

• Like 1

^ Agreed. And cyan circles for neutral NPCs (I didn’t think we’d still get green circles for neutrals in the sequel.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Eh? What's was the point of making that walking animation again? To tick a box in a checklist of "useless but cool things that are in the game"? Why would you want to move slow in a game if you can run fast to destinations all the time without getting tired? Personally, I never use walking in games unless it's some sort of stealth game and running is noisy.

• Like 1