Yay for eating on resting - I might actually use the food more often in this one.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

What bonus will I get for a juicy cheeseburger with a half pound of beef and extra onions?

Extra onions? If the onions are raw, +5 to intimidation and a fearsome breath attack.

That's garlic, not onions, and bonus if target is a fampyr. Though they don't suffer from the same weaknesses that vampires have.

Yay for eating on resting - I might actually use the food more often in this one.

This. This thing always happens during the first playthrough. Hoarding consumables (including food) as you don't know when you'll need it most. 

On the subsequent runs it's not really an issue though.

Good thing food is not consumed from inventory any longer - only during resting.

This is more immersive a bit.

But am curious:

#1. can a character consume several types of food during one rest? E.g.: meet with bear, fish with rice, etc.

#2. are there any "feeling full" bonuses or "overeaten" maluses?

Edit: #1 is answered here. Ok, but can a character consume several meals? :) (during one rest ofc)

Edited by MaxQuest

Food poisoning - that's what the vomit animation is for.

• Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Does that mean that camping supplies are gone, and you can rest whenever you want but that way you will be burning through good stuff really quickly? Do you need to have food for everyone in order to rest therefore you might be in a situation where you can’t rest as you don’t have enough food?

Does that mean that camping supplies are gone,

Yes. This replaces camping supplies. Source

and you can rest whenever you want but that way you will be burning through good stuff really quickly?

Yes, you can burn through good stuff, as food bonuses last only until next rest. Source

Do you need to have food for everyone in order to rest therefore you might be in a situation where you can’t rest as you don’t have enough food?

Seems like you will need to have food for everyone. But basic food (water and hardrack) is really cheap and plentiful, so it's not really an issue. Source

Adam's Tweet

Fingers crossed that they will fix that pesky UI flickering.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

What bonus will I get for a juicy cheeseburger with a half pound of beef and extra onions?

... +10 to stomach cramps while running?

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

... +10 to stomach cramps while running?

You get to cast the spell Burger Slam (cf. the D&D spell Grease) once per encounter.

• Like 5

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Does that mean that camping supplies are gone, and you can rest whenever you want but that way you will be burning through good stuff really quickly? Do you need to have food for everyone in order to rest therefore you might be in a situation where you can’t rest as you don’t have enough food?

Food replace camping supplies. You need to give food to everyone when you rest (it reset the bonus), water/hardtrack are cheap and easy to find so you shouldn't run out of those (they grant no bonuses).

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

The main pro of all this thing is that i will not be compelled to stack resting bonus anymore. In poe 1 before hard fight is everytime: +3 might in caed nua + rest in wilderness for +10 accuracy/+40% healing, + go in the brothel, ecc

And finally, go back again at the hard fight, eat all the food as you can and actually fight fully buffed.

New mechanic feels much smoother

• Like 1

There were hard limits on the number of camping supplies you could carry. Are you saying that has been removed for food?

There are no per-rest spells/abilities in Deadfire, plus there is no "long-term health bar", so the only incentive for resting is:

- getting rid of injuries, if any, plus

- getting empower charges back

And it is counter-weighted by:

- wanting to keep current food bonuses active (if you consumed some good and rare stuff)

So... dunno if there is a need to have some food carry limit.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 4

There were hard limits on the number of camping supplies you could carry. Are you saying that has been removed for food?

There are no per-rest spells/abilities in Deadfire, plus there is no "long-term health bar", so the only incentive for resting is:

- getting rid of injuries, if any, plus

- getting empower charges back

And it is counter-weighted by:

- wanting to keep current food bonuses active (if you consumed some good and rare stuff)

So... dunno if there is a need to have some food carry limit.

Oh?

I guess i haven't been in the loop, because this is the first time i heard about the removal of injuries/per-rest abilities/two health bar system.

I'm not sure how i feel about that. I kind of liked those systems.

PoE1 never had any sort of carry limit, doubt PoE2:Deadfire will. The largest possible stack might be 99, but 99 would last you a long while.

I was specifically thinking about food items, heh.

I don't know if the camping supply limit has been removed or not., and I think someone said camping supplies still exist.

@judas varnas: Injuries weren't removed, they're basically the same as in PoE1. As for per rest, they were exchanged for per-encounter, but you have fewer spell charges per encounter. The one thing that is per rest though are the empowers as they only get replenished after rest.