There's already a thread for the Onsidian game teaser thing guys....

Color and font tags don't work on URLs... Anyways, as the wolfgeist guy in the comments says, looks like an unique pistol or possibly San enchanted pistol, or an unique pistol with an enchantment on it. Cool effect though.

Looks beautiful. But the usual question is: does it generate focus :)
  • Like 1

There's also a Livestream planned soon, they say it's about Fan Art but...

Maybe it's where we'll hear about the Backer Beta, I surely hope so !

I'd rather not be too much hopeful, I'd set myself to disapointment if there's nothing but Fan Art.

PS : Fan Art is Cool ! Custom Portraits specificly.

Edited by DexGames

Anyways, as the wolfgeist guy in the comments says, looks like an unique pistol or possibly San enchanted pistol, or an unique pistol with an enchantment on it. Cool effect though.

It does look cool, but the gun weirdly lobs the spark at it. It would be cool if the animation matched up with the idea of a gunshot/bullet. I realize it's probably just not-tuned yet... dunno, though. I can't think of a weapon that would lob an elemental blast at anyone. Maybe a wand? But those still kind of launch it straight out, and they semi-homingly "fly" towards their target, like a magic missile, but not as fast and sporadically.

Annnnnnnnnywho...

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/928684611906842624

"the modal ability for quarterstaff gives you a deflection bonus. good for wizards who smack people from the back row and then get jumped by a rogue/shadow."

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/928685078443470848

"they're also good for assassins who smack people in the head from stealth and then have to deal with the repercussions immediately after."

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2

Anyways, as the wolfgeist guy in the comments says, looks like an unique pistol or possibly San enchanted pistol, or an unique pistol with an enchantment on it. Cool effect though.

It does look cool, but the gun weirdly lobs the spark at it. It would be cool if the animation matched up with the idea of a gunshot/bullet. I realize it's probably just not-tuned yet... dunno, though. I can't think of a weapon that would lob an elemental blast at anyone. Maybe a wand? But those still kind of launch it straight out, and they semi-homingly "fly" towards their target, like a magic missile, but not as fast and sporadically.

Annnnnnnnnywho...

Yeah, electricity does a lot of things, but it's not exactly the kind of energy that lends itself to lobbing. I actually thought that was the reason why this was posted to begin with - it was a hilarious bug.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Annnnnnnnnywho...

I thought it was maybe initially one of those hand mortars, but I moved it slowly and saw that it looked more like a regular pistol.

Haha. They showed the "sassy" pose on a Stag-shifted Druid, I think it was, a little while back? I think it was TOO sassy then, and it was hilarious seeing a half-man, half-stag stand in a sassy pose. Heh.

Anywho, it's still fantastic. I kind of hope your idle stance conveys some sort of demeanor in dialogues/interactions. Not anything super potent, but stuff that makes people raise an eyebrow.

"Hey, why are you all hunched like that, creeping around my chicken coop?" 

"I'm sorry! This is just how I walk!"

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Rod - Blast: Slower Recovery, gain AoE around target.

That is an interesting change. I wonder if wizards will no longer have this ability. This should open up build opportunities for other classes using Blast.

Edited by draego
  • Like 1

That is an interesting change. I wonder if wizards will no longer have this ability. This should open up build opportunities for other classes using Blast.

Good question. Honestly, if classes were to get abilities like this, I'm much more in favor of "here's an effect that gets added to your weapon/attack", rather than "here's an effect that gets added to (insert one weapon type here) attacks."

I think "here's how Class X works" is always better than "Out of the things available to all classes, here's the one that Class X does/uses." I know that gets tricky with 11 classes, though. But, ideally, classes aren't defined by gear/role restrictions, but by mechanical dynamics and the dynamic utilization of equipment, roles, etc.

Rod - Blast: Slower Recovery, gain AoE around target.

Indeed it is. Previously rods had Blasts associated with them. And for example in PoE1:

- blast damage: doesn't scale with main weapon's damage; doesn't generate focus.

- weapon aoe damage: does scale with weapon's damage; does generate focus.

Large Shield - The Wall: Can't Move, dramatically reduce incoming Ranged Deflection and Reflex Damage.

From the wording I don't quite understand:

- does it reduce Ranged Deflection, or

- does it reduce damage that was targeting Ranged Deflection?

Edit: missed the word 'incoming' before 'ranged deflection'. It's clear now.

Mace - Rending Smash: Slower Recovery, reduce enemy Armor Rating.

Love that. Can have few offtanks whose melee output is irrelevant, equip them with maces, and make it that real damage-dealers are above the [Pen minus AR] threshold. Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1