At least it finally ended the whole anime debate

I don't think so. Of course she is not painted in anime style, but she still looks like an anime character in my opinion. Like Kabutos long lost sister painted Harry Potter style.

If the red haired guy is Rekke, I'm disappointed. I imagined something more ... unusual. I even like Ydwins portrait better, to be honest. The captain women looks interesting, but as I said many times before: I miss the freaks.

• Like 1

---

We're all doomed

Bonteru and Radora have gone the way of Cadegund.  Rune-head is "Konstanten" and the sneery lady is "Fessina"

That's curious, because Konstanten and Fessina were the two that both surprised me most design wise compared to what I had imagined based on the original descriptions. Do their descriptions still hold though, or is a more elaborate character change?

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/913565055207194625

https://twitter.com/jesawyer?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Now I'm even more disappointed Ydwin didn't make it in. At least it finally ended the whole anime debate

Oh please, the original image was completely anime, as someone else here said, she was the spitting image of Yakushi Kabuto and Lezard Valeth!

You say that like I should know who those people are

It's so that you google them up and ask yourself "Wait, aren't those two dudes?" :biggrin:

But seriously, if anyone's a fan of either property (Naruto for Yakushi Kabuto, Valkyria Chronicles for Lezard Valeth), I really don't think the similarities with the first sketch of Ydwin are going to be lost on them. They're all sort-of mad scientists too!

You say that like I should know who those people are

It's so that you google them up and ask yourself "Wait, aren't those two dudes?" :biggrin:

But seriously, if anyone's a fan of either property (Naruto for Yakushi Kabuto, Valkyria Chronicles for Lezard Valeth), I really don't think the similarities with the first sketch of Ydwin are going to be lost on them. They're all sort-of mad scientists too!

I don't know, I'm more confused that that guy is part snake. More of seinen and gekiga guy myself

Edited by HooAmEye

Oh sure, kill off the only Dwarven companion.

I don't suppose Konstanten is dwarven? His beard seems a bit on the puny side though.

he is a dwarf

Yea, he shoulda have a big !@#$off beard.

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

He didn't get killed off, just renamed. Also, Ydwin looks pretty serious in that art. For the stormfolk having reddish hair, I guess they decided to do something a bit different from the standard asian look.

Anyhoo, looks like crew can get pretty seriously injured https://twitter.com/jesawyer?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor gonna take almost two months to recover properly. Also, if the crewmember were female, wouldn't 'helmsman' be 'helmswoman'?

He didn't get killed off, just renamed.

Well, not really:

Josh twitter: these sidekicks are, in order from the first tweet: konstanten, ydwin, rekke, and fessina. bonteru and radora are dust in the wind. #rip

It seems like theses are new characters. Whenever they have anything in common with first draft remains to be seen.

Well, not really:

Anyhoo, looks like crew can get pretty seriously injured https://twitter.com/jesawyer?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor gonna take almost two months to recover properly. Also, if the crewmember were female, wouldn't 'helmsman' be 'helmswoman'?

Or 'helmskith'?

Nah, it would be too confusing.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

He didn't get killed off, just renamed.

Well, not really:

Josh twitter: these sidekicks are, in order from the first tweet: konstanten, ydwin, rekke, and fessina. bonteru and radora are dust in the wind. #rip

It seems like theses are new characters. Whenever they have anything in common with first draft remains to be seen.

Well, not really:

It's entirely possible that they reworked the two sidekicks. There's already a few rogues, so, I can get them deciding to change that one. Radora seemed like a rather shallow character just from the description, so, they'd have to flesh out that character.

I know Ydwin can be one, and I thought Eder could possibly choose rogue?

That's correct.  Eder can be a fighter or a rogue (which still makes no sense to me).  Ydwin can be a cipher or a rogue.

Well a fighter-rogue is a "swashbuckler", which to me isn't a bad fit to Edér's persona. But stats-wise, he seems a less than optimal build for that role. I guess he's a swashtanker...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."