I don't think anybody really thought most of the names on there were serious anyway. Though if Transcendant (or Transcendent, whichever's the right spelling) and EtherGrab are Mitch's ideas and not ones that were already created by the team or picked from elsewhere, those are actually pretty good. I think 'transcendant' is particularily fitting for monk+cipher.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 2

God of Rebirth? Oh god I just had a horrific image enter my head: the party facing off against the statue, except that its lying on its back, its legs spread apart as it has a giant Eothas-baby sticking half out of its vag that is fighting the party.

I would bet big dollars that you have really weird dreams...

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

God of Rebirth? Oh god I just had a horrific image enter my head: the party facing off against the statue, except that its lying on its back, its legs spread apart as it has a giant Eothas-baby sticking half out of its vag that is fighting the party.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

I don't know, I never remember them, but from what people have told me I have said and done some weird things in my sleep. :p

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I don't know, I never remember them, but from what people have told me I have said and done some weird things in my sleep. :p

You've just woken up and you're already pushed the horrors of the night out of mind! May your sanity never wane.

Wasn't it pretty much assumed that Takehu woild have an unique shapeshift? After all, Hiravias did, even if it was just a recolor of the cat shapeshift. Though it'll definetly be something entirely different from the usual due to his unique.... situation.

Seems like Josh has a high chance of showing up lately, if you ask a language-related question on the Eternity subreddit.  Here he is today, on the language spoken by Pale Elves in The White That Wends:

The language spoken by pale elves in The White that Wends is Ordhjóma (literally "word sounds"). Ordhjóma is loosely based on Icelandic and Faroese. Ordhjóma uses most of the letters in the Latin alphabet including acute accents, and (notably) the letter "y", which is absent in Glanfathan and Vailian. Though Eld Aedyran is based on Old English and post-Old Norse languages (e.g. Icelandic), it does not use their common ligatures (e.g. æ, œ), thorns (þ), or eths (ð). Unlike Eld Aedyran, Ordhjóma does not use X, C, umlauts, or double accents. It does use the letters V and J. The cg consonant cluster found in Eld Aeydran is not found in Ordhjóma.
  • Like 5

Someday, maybe after PoEIII or even for it. I'd love to see Obsidian produce a massive coffee table book on all the sort of behind the scenes design docs. Similar to 'Half-life 2: Raising the Bar'

I'd love to see in much more detail the sorts of world creation that went into this series.

• Like 2

Couple idle animations (Pallegina and Maia):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXGbS8ql-My/?taken-by=jesawyer1975

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yup. Josh confirmed that on Twitter.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yup. Josh confirmed that on Twitter.

Yeah I don't know that I buy that. Either that's covering, or somebody did a *REALLY* bad animation, because that really does look like she's resting her hands on the hilt of a sword that isn't there. Straight up.

• Like 2

First sighting of Serafen's in-game model along with a bunch of pets:

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/891713244548575232

First sighting of Serafen's in-game model along with a bunch of pets:

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/891713244548575232

Given that Josh Sawyer is a cat lover, I'm surprised that there aren't more cats there. Also, no parrots?

edit: Given the beagle, I wonder if we'll see the cloak of the fox and hunter again, or something similar to it.

edit2: Found the actual name of the item I was thinking of.

Edited by smjjames

i NEED  HELP GETTING MY EARLY ACCESS BETA CODES IDK WHAT IT SHOWS ON YOUR END BUT HAVE RECIPST FOR ALL THE PROPER TIERS I PURCHASED AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DEADFIRE BETA CODES EVER PUT IN MY PRODUCTS PAGE AT ALL NO EMAILS NOTHING AFTER COUNTLESS ATTEMPS WHY AM I BEING PUNISHED?

i NEED  HELP GETTING MY EARLY ACCESS BETA CODES IDK WHAT IT SHOWS ON YOUR END BUT HAVE RECIPST FOR ALL THE PROPER TIERS I PURCHASED AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DEADFIRE BETA CODES EVER PUT IN MY PRODUCTS PAGE AT ALL NO EMAILS NOTHING AFTER COUNTLESS ATTEMPS WHY AM I BEING PUNISHED?

I HAVE THIS VERY ANNOYING RASH ON MY ****: WHAT SHALL I DO?

• Like 4

---

We're all doomed