Looks like the Chanter + Barbarian multiclass combo will be called Howler: https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/867574277083721729

Sawyer also mentions that one of the barbarian subclasses is named corpse-eater... also something about needing sufficient supplies on your ship or your cannibal  crewmembers will go wild... (https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/867465172339703808)

Fampyrs! ;) At least that's what I'm thinking. Would be a fun thing to play an entire party of undead.

My priest of Berath wont like that... no no she wont!

Edited by dukeisaac

Looks like the Chanter + Barbarian multiclass combo will be called Howler: https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/867574277083721729

Sawyer also mentions that one of the barbarian subclasses is named corpse-eater... also something about needing sufficient supplies on your ship or your cannibal  crewmembers will go wild... (https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/867465172339703808)

Edit : Just realised this was already mentioned in another thread. Please ignore my less than useful post

Head bangers...  :skull:

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Some Aloth payback on Pallegina there (reference to an earlier vid of Pallegina trying to poke Aloth with spirit blades), heh.

Whatever that blobby enemy is, the devs certainly like using it in that testing sandbox room that we've seen them use.

Also, direct link to the instagram entry: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUkcNsrliey/?taken-by=jesawyer1975

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

Yeah, I thought it was interesting too. The part about IWD especially struck me as true. For me many of the DnD games are completely impenetrable, combat is frustrating and impossible, because I do not understand its principles. I do not know when I make a right decision or wrong one. It's not a learning curve, it's a learning wall. You either brought tools to climb it or you stay right there and can't move on.

And I think a lot of Josh Sawyers love for balancing stems from the fact that he likes challenging gameplay and wants to provide that to players. If you do not fix balancing errors, you can't make a challenge for the people who know the rules in and out.

• Like 2

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Why do I have a feeling its a polpovir?

Well, the ingame description of their mouth sounds a heck of a lot like that of a shark, or maybe a deep sea fish (which seems to be the original inspiration), so, I can see them deciding to go with a hammerhead shark style head to further emphasize the sheer strangeness of it.

• Like 1

I have a slight hunch that we probably won't be spending an inordinate amount of time in knee high water...

But I've been wrong before.

All I'm saying is, they came up with a wading animation for a reason.

• Like 3

It doesn't look like a Polpovir at all if I look at the ingame description:

polpovir.png

It looks as if some blue-footed, soft-tissued something stepped on a marble. Ouch - we all know how much this hurts. Only thing worse is to kneel down right onto a lego brick. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have a slight hunch that we probably won't be spending an inordinate amount of time in knee high water...

Given the floating corpses and (I seem to recall) wading through thick sand, I think knee high water might be something we do from time to time. I think we're very unlikely to actually swim though.

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought it was interesting too. The part about IWD especially struck me as true. For me many of the DnD games are completely impenetrable, combat is frustrating and impossible, because I do not understand its principles. I do not know when I make a right decision or wrong one. It's not a learning curve, it's a learning wall. You either brought tools to climb it or you stay right there and can't move on.

And I think a lot of Josh Sawyers love for balancing stems from the fact that he likes challenging gameplay and wants to provide that to players. If you do not fix balancing errors, you can't make a challenge for the people who know the rules in and out.

As someone who never play tabletop D&D game, I can agree with Josh. I remember having to restart games after couple hours as I would find out that my character just wouldn't work. It happened even in Baldur's Gate 2 (1st one I played) which all things considering was quite a cakewalk. 

• Like 4

Given the floating corpses and (I seem to recall) wading through thick sand, I think knee high water might be something we do from time to time. I think we're very unlikely to actually swim though.

A shark spiritfiorm would still be awesome, regardless if it's literally a fish out of water.

That said, I agree that it's very unlikely we'll actually swim or even submerge entirely. All of the situations that involved swimming in PoE1 were dealt with using CYOAs.

I do recall one of the Fig updates showcasing wading through sand as an example of environmental factors that would affect combat. For the floating corpse thing, it seemed much deeper than knee deep, more like chest deep water, unless that's just how the animation starts.

And injurai has a point that all we have is a crop of what looks like part of a hammerhead shark shaped head, or per boeroer, a soft tissued something stepping on a marble.

editwhiletyping: I don't know if anybody else has noticed, but look closely at it and you'll notice that theres the pixel grid of a visual media editing program. So, this isn't a 3D model (though whoever did it, did a good job of giving the appearance of 3D), it's most likely a piece of concept art.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

It doesn't look like a Polpovir at all if I look at the ingame description:

polpovir.png

It looks as if some blue-footed, soft-tissued something stepped on a marble. Ouch - we all know how much this hurts. Only thing worse is to kneel down right onto a lego brick. ;)

For some reason, I remembered something about a hammerhead shark look on the polpovir... Thanks for clearing that up!