Added the preview of the Concelhaut's Draining Touch VFX to the OP.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I never realized how much I wanted a bird companion for my Ranger until now....

I wonder if it gets to fly at some point or rest on Maia's shoulder, it'll get tired of hopping everywhere the party goes.

I wonder if it gets to fly at some point or rest on Maia's shoulder, it'll get tired of hopping everywhere the party goes.

My guess it will be dependent on movement speed in the end.

I never realized how much I wanted a bird companion for my Ranger until now....

I'm hoping so as well.

My guess it will be dependent on movement speed in the end.

Distance rather than movement speed seems like a better method to use, but movement speed would also work.

Edited by smjjames

I sort of assumed the two where coupled. The animation as a speed up and slow down time depending on how far an entity is commanded to move. Yeah, distance would probably work better since the warm up time is pretty short to keep entities responsive. Just enough to give nice animations really.

Hopping is preferable to WoW's flap in place pet birds.

I sort of assumed the two where coupled. The animation as a speed up and slow down time depending on how far an entity is commanded to move. Yeah, distance would probably work better since the warm up time is pretty short to keep entities responsive. Just enough to give nice animations really.

Or just about everything that flaps in PoE1.

I wonder what that big abomination thing is that Pallegina is fighting in that new VFX vid. An undead maybe?

Edited by smjjames

I wonder what that big abomination thing is that Pallegina is fighting in that new VFX vid. An undead maybe?

It's most likely undead (and probably a drowned variant of a gul or dargul; it's hard to imagine a fampyr letting itself go like that and revenants/lower forms of undead don't really have enough flesh to bloat like that), but they could be mixing it with spore-infested corpses or something like that I guess. Whatever it is, I hope it bursts or deflates satisfyingly when we kill it.

that stealth UI video isn't loading for me.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Or just about everything that flaps in PoE1.

Oh right, I wasn't thinking about enemies when I wrote that. But hover flying while in combat makes a little more sense then doing it while everyone else is just standing around relaxing. Or maybe WoW birds are just that extreme. Never stop training! But I like what Obs is doing.

Basically just as you stealth and cross from being out of sight, to still hidden but crossing into an npcs line of sight. The perimeter defining their line of sight appears as a thick white ring on the ground. That way you can know where to move keep out of sight. The typical character specific stealth indicators under the character also flash to show you are starting to be revealed.

• Like 1

Basically just as you stealth and cross from being out of sight, to still hidden but crossing into an npcs line of sight. The perimeter defining their line of sight appears as a thick white ring on the ground. That way you can know where to move keep out of sight. The typical character specific stealth indicators under the character also flash to show you are starting to be revealed.

Also, when you mouse over other NPCs while in stealth mode, it'll show their vision cone and hearing range (the thick white ring). Aloth didn't have any skills in stealth, so, it was just showing how the informational interface works. One particularily glaring error (to me anyway) is that one of the NPCs actually has another NPC and a piece of furniture inside their vision cone, which should block (or otherwise have some sort of effect) on the vision cone but doesn't. At least as of that video.

• Like 1

Oh so the white circle is their hearing range. Duh! Don't know why I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Minor grip, I think the white ring is a little too thick. Maybe it's to stand out when there is a lot going on in the scene, but too bold of signifier seems to only add to clutter imo. I know it's a work in progress. Functionality wise the feature is very welcome.

^ I added that to the OP yesterday ;)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hopefully the spell's a lot better than in PoE1. I like the idea of touch-based spells (for a monkish wizard for example) but this one was so inferior to the other spells at that level. Same with Sunless Grasp. Jolting Touch was good though.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Is it me or does it appear like they changed their minds and reverted back to being able to have six characters in the party?

Also, Aloth doing a bunch of collateral damage, and one of the 'misses' is in yellow for some odd reason, a bug maybe.

Nice QoL addition though.

Edited by smjjames

Is it me or does it appear like they changed their minds and reverted back to being able to have six characters in the party?

Also, Aloth doing a bunch of collateral damage, and one of the 'misses' is in yellow for some odd reason, a bug maybe.

Could it be that the six portraits at the top includes enemies?  I can count five distinct characters including one called Player in the log itself, plus an enemy called "Neketeka Guard" who they are attacking and would make it six involved in the fight.  So maybe it segregates the combat log into separate logs for each battle which are then identified by the participants involved?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Could it be that the six portraits at the top includes enemies?  I can count five distinct characters including one called Player in the log itself, plus an enemy called "Neketeka Guard" who they are attacking and would make it six involved in the fight.  So maybe it segregates the combat log into separate logs for each battle which are then identified by the participants involved?

Or the first one is simply an "all text" button?

Or the first one is simply an "all text" button?

Maybe though I noticed when actually playing it that it seemed to change the log between two different 'states' one of which was indeed an all text button but the other one happened too fast for me to see.  It could be an "all enemy" button?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams